PDA

View Full Version : Sales of Confederate flags are booming

RobJohnson
06-24-2015, 04:14 AM
Slate adds a liberal slant....

In recent hours Sears, eBay, and Amazon (https://twitter.com/AlexJamesFitz/status/613415040465674241) have joined Walmart (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/politics/confederate-flag-walmart-south-carolina/) in announcing that they will no longer sell (or facilitate the sale of) Confederate flag merchandise in the aftermath of Confederate sympathizer Dylann Roof's massacre of black churchgoers in Charleston, South Carolina. Yahoo Finance has put together a convincing case (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sales-of-confederate-flags-are-soaring-153357290.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw) that the seemingly imminent difficulty of buying Confederate memorabilia has created a run on the historic-symbol-of-racism bank, as it were:

On Monday, before Haley announced her change in position on the flag (which still must be approved by the state assembly), Amazon listed two Confederate flags among the 60 bestselling items under “Outdoor Flags and Banners”: one at the No. 5 spot, and one at No. 43. The following morning, five of the top 20 bestsellers in the category were Confederate flags, including the No. 1 bestseller (http://www.amazon.com/Confederate-Rebel-Flag-Printed-Polyester/dp/B000G2OYZE/ref=zg_bs_553792_1), a 3-by-5 foot polyester model made by Rhode Island Novelty and sold by a company called Anley. Among the top 60, 12 were versions of the Confederate flag.

A small Nevada company told Yahoo's reporter it sells five Confederate flags in the typical week and has sold nearly 250 this week. The article also notes that many such flags are actually manufactured in China, which means that (at least in the short term) a controversy related to the United States' 19th-century civil war is enriching the capitalists who work within the communist system of one of the United States' longtime 21st-century antagonists. We live in strange times.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/06/23/confederate_flag_sales_up_still_racist.html?utm_ca mpaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=5589b28e04d30136a5000001&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

RobJohnson
06-24-2015, 07:14 AM
“CafePress has decided to amend its content usage policy and will now classify use of the Confederate flag as hateful speech,” a company spokesman said in an email to CNNMoney. “We will be removing all products featuring the Confederate flag from our marketplace.”

http://wqad.com/2015/06/23/confederate-themed-merchandise-sales-on-the-rise/

:smilie_wall:

SaintLouieWoman
06-24-2015, 10:16 AM
http://wqad.com/2015/06/23/confederate-themed-merchandise-sales-on-the-rise/

:smilie_wall:

And so it continues with the sheeple. How quickly our rights are eroding. The left demands the removal of the confederate flag and the lemmings all follow in lockstep. We don't have one flying over our house---not from the south originally. But I resent the way the right to own one is taken away. It's like everyone is in a rush to comply with the dictates of the minority. Of course it was evil to take the lives of those good people in church, but doubt if that flag caused the problem. Nothing like blaming an inanimate object.

NJCardFan
06-24-2015, 11:21 AM
NASCAR is also lining up with the PC crowd. Not a very good idea considering a vast majority of their fan base are from the south. Way to alienate your fanbase France you idiot.

And at what poins will the Gadsden flag be considered hateful?

Dori
06-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Alabama is taking theirs down too.

Now Mitch McConnell is demanding that Kentucky remove the statue of Jefferson Davis from it's state house.

Before you know it, they will declare the American flag as a hate symbol and ban it too. What about President Washington's statue? He owned slaves. What about Andrew Jackson? He ordered the removal of native Americans.
Oh, and don't forget Harry Truman for dropping the "H" bomb on Japan.

RobJohnson
06-24-2015, 05:51 PM
NASCAR is also lining up with the PC crowd. Not a very good idea considering a vast majority of their fan base are from the south. Way to alienate your fanbase France you idiot.

Did not know about NASCAR, I guess they felt the need to be included in the attention. Idiots.

Rockntractor
06-24-2015, 05:53 PM
I have never felt the need to get one before but now I'm starting to get the urge.

Adam Wood
06-24-2015, 07:11 PM
It's just a better-dressed form of ISIS.

ISIS goes about destroying anything historical in its wake, and liberals do exactly the same thing in the United States.

RobJohnson
06-25-2015, 02:08 AM
I have never felt the need to get one before but now I'm starting to get the urge.

Same here.

I have a friend that is a popular morning show radio host in the Midwest. He posted on his personal Facebook page that he was going to start flying his Confederate flag out of solidarity! I think a few loons unfriended him, lol

SurfaceDog
06-25-2015, 04:11 PM

Yeah, NASCAR is pretty stupid if they don't think they won't feel the backlash. NASCAR fans are intensely loyal unless they feel slighted.

Similar to what Cracker Barrel experienced when they took down Phil Robertson...

Dlr Pyro
06-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Yep

ralph wiggum
06-25-2015, 07:18 PM
The U.S. based flag manufacturers stopped selling them, at least the major ones. Heard the Confederate flags are off their websites.

Check your FB messages later Rob Johnson, if I remember to send it tonight.

RobJohnson
06-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Check your FB messages later Rob Johnson, if I remember to send it tonight.

I did. Thank you. I accidently hit the thumbs up and I hope the reply did not wake you up! I mean the thumbs up was appropriate, just not at 1 AM PST.

ralph wiggum
06-26-2015, 07:21 AM
I did. Thank you. I accidently hit the thumbs up and I hope the reply did not wake you up! I mean the thumbs up was appropriate, just not at 1 AM PST.
No worries Rob. My phone is on silent mode while I sleep, except for a few people that would ring through in case of emergency.

RobJohnson
06-26-2015, 07:24 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the flag manufactures in the United States that have quit production is commendable. No one can accuse them of trying to profit off of a tragedy-which is what the left would call it. They also did this on their own.

In a few days my website will be up selling handmade Robbie Ross' hand sewn politically correct "Southern States" flags. Prices start at $1200. :biggrin-new:

oldcoastie1
06-26-2015, 10:24 AM
They also did this on their own.

The did it due to political correctness.

FourWinds
06-26-2015, 12:46 PM
Just ordered a new one from Cooter's. 2 to 3 weeks for delivery due to demand. From what I could hear on the phone, the place seemed packed.

FourWinds
06-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Repost. Deleted