PDA

View Full Version : 6 Predominantly Black Churches Burned In Southern States

NJCardFan
06-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Here we go. It's beginning: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/29/six-predominately-black-southern-churches-burn-within-a-week-with-arson-suspected-in-at-least-three/

Rockntractor
06-30-2015, 10:46 AM
Most likely the same people behind Ferguson and Baltimore rioting are behind this.

noonwitch
06-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Only 3 of the fires are being investigated as possible arson.

Lanie
06-30-2015, 12:44 PM
Most likely the same people behind Ferguson and Baltimore rioting are behind this.

Are you serious? The people behind the riots are thugs who throw fits about not getting their way.

The people behind the church burnings are thugs who think God loves whites more than blacks or something.

NJCardFan
06-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Are you serious? The people behind the riots are thugs who throw fits about not getting their way.

The people behind the church burnings are thugs who think God loves whites more than blacks or something.

Do you have proof of this? What am I saying. Of course you do. Look, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for some leftist group to be doing this. It's happened before. The Reichstag fire for instance. So, until we have definitive proof of the guilty party perhaps you should refrain from pointing premature fingers.

Ranger Rick
06-30-2015, 11:00 PM

They can't be the same people?

Dori
06-30-2015, 11:37 PM

You mean like how the Aroura movie theater shooting and the Gabby Gifford's shooting was the fault of the TEA Party?

That's what the liberal media's knee jerk reaction was.

So if a black church gets fire bombed, automatically it has to be a white racist.

I guess that's no different than when a woman accuses a man of rape, he's automatically guilty without due process. Kind of like the Duke lacrosse case.

Lanie
07-01-2015, 12:46 AM
Do you have proof of this? What am I saying. Of course you do. Look, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for some leftist group to be doing this. It's happened before. The Reichstag fire for instance. So, until we have definitive proof of the guilty party perhaps you should refrain from pointing premature fingers.

So, I need to refrain, but Rock can suggest it's the same people who created riots up north? That's like a conspiracy theory.

Lanie
07-01-2015, 12:55 AM
You mean like how the Aroura movie theater shooting and the Gabby Gifford's shooting was the fault of the TEA Party?

So if a black church gets fire bombed, automatically it has to be a white racist.

I guess that's no different than when a woman accuses a man of rape, he's automatically guilty without due process. Kind of like the Duke lacrosse case.

Nobody said anything about the tea party and I'd never support convicting anybody without proof.

But if it walks like a duck.....

Okay, let's put it another way. Let's suppose the Tea Party got firebombed. Wouldn't you assume some leftists probably are the ones who did it? What if a synagogue is firebombed or six of them are? Wouldn't you assume the person doing this was an anti-Semite? Heck, I could see people on this board automatically assuming it's a Muslim.

Have you ever heard of Occam's Razor (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/occam%27s%20razor)? It says that the most obvious answer is probably the right one. Now, legally speaking, nobody should be arrested without proof and if proof comes that it's some far leftist or a black person, then that person should obviously be arrested. I'm not going to go for these conspiracy theories without a good reason.

Honestly, it's okay if white people did this. It doesn't make the white race bad.

On a personal note, I'm not even close to surprised that this happened in my neck of the woods. How many times have I said how racist people can be down here? Nobody believes me. Proof starts coming in, and you all are scrambling to make this a conspiracy theory. Really? I realize I'll sound like a DUer for saying this, but I really wish some of you all would believe me when I tell you how rotten to the core some people are here. Yes, I can totally believe that some of my neighbors would burn a black church.

Lanie
07-01-2015, 01:05 AM
Hey guys, church number seven.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/30/fire-crews-battling-a-blaze-at-historic-black-church-near-charleston/

People with connections to the KKK tried to burn it down years ago. It just happens to be another AME church near Charleston. Now, they're not sure if it's arson or lightening. We'll see.

And no. I'm not saying this is a tea party thing or even a conservative thing. Both liberals and conservatives are acting like fools on this subject. Ever since the riots, it's like racism is the in thing at times.

Adam Wood
07-01-2015, 02:08 AM
Hey guys, church number seven.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/06/30/fire-crews-battling-a-blaze-at-historic-black-church-near-charleston/

People with connections to the KKK tried to burn it down years ago. It just happens to be another AME church near Charleston. Now, they're not sure if it's arson or lightening. We'll see.

And no. I'm not saying this is a tea party thing or even a conservative thing. Both liberals and conservatives are acting like fools on this subject. Ever since the riots, it's like racism is the in thing at times.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83891255/

None of the late-night attacks have been a declared a hate crime and it's unclear whether any of the fires are linked. Social media reports that six black churches have been burned down in arson attacks are not accurate, according to local officials' accounts of the fires.

We have a lightning strike (and that one isn't even a Black church), an electrical fire caused by a limb falling across power lines, a case of some fool setting a hay bale on fire and that caught a van on fire, a case of one church burning down, but arson investigators (including the feds) can't come any closer than "inconclusive" as to the reason for the fire, but they have ruled out any sort of hate crime, one where an outbuilding of the church burned, but not the church itself, and one more that's presently a "maybe" at best for arson.

And then there's the church tonight, the one where particularly powerful electrical storms were passing through the area immediately before the fire was reported. How about, before everyone goes LEAPING onto the Leftist stereotype bandwagon of dozens of Klansmen in the backs of F-150s riding around all over the South torching churches, maybe we wait until morning at the very least to see what actually caused this fire?

I know, I know: finding out what the investigation actually reveals rather than not even waiting for the embers to die out before accusing Southerners of all being murderous racists is just crazy-pants, but it might actually be worthwhile to try.

THE RESISTANCE
07-01-2015, 08:14 AM
It is illogical to burn a Church ,
Those that are making political profit
over this only use that for more of it.
I don't agree with any burning.
But if I did it would not be a church.

Tar, feathers, pole , and politician some
assembly required.

Lanie
07-01-2015, 08:31 AM
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83891255/

We have a lightning strike (and that one isn't even a Black church), an electrical fire caused by a limb falling across power lines, a case of some fool setting a hay bale on fire and that caught a van on fire, a case of one church burning down, but arson investigators (including the feds) can't come any closer than "inconclusive" as to the reason for the fire, but they have ruled out any sort of hate crime, one where an outbuilding of the church burned, but not the church itself, and one more that's presently a "maybe" at best for arson.

And then there's the church tonight, the one where particularly powerful electrical storms were passing through the area immediately before the fire was reported. How about, before everyone goes LEAPING onto the Leftist stereotype bandwagon of dozens of Klansmen in the backs of F-150s riding around all over the South torching churches, maybe we wait until morning at the very least to see what actually caused this fire?

I know, I know: finding out what the investigation actually reveals rather than not even waiting for the embers to die out before accusing Southerners of all being murderous racists is just crazy-pants, but it might actually be worthwhile to try.

It's not the leftist in me. It's the southerner in me jumping to conclusions. You do realize I have a hard time finding white people in real life not saying the n word, right? I also live twenty minutes away from where blacks are afraid to go in. I also have aquaintences that either were supposedly connected to the Klan, was trying to join the Klan, or have been threatened by the Klan. I have former family who might not have minded joining. But honestly, he's too high to keep up the secrecy. Did I mention that somebody from the Klan in my area got kicked out years ago for revealing himself on the Jerry Springer show? No, I'm not making it up. Not all liberals get their ideas from MSNBC. Some of us have actually seen it with our own two eyes. Maybe there's a reason why some of us liberals are supposedly crazy. Maybe some of us were driven to it by assholes.

But since you've presented information that goes against what I'm thinking, I will refrain. No, seriously.

NJCardFan
07-01-2015, 09:33 AM

In the Gabby Giffords shooting, the Pima County sheriff came out and blamed conservative talk radio and Fox News immediately after the shooting.

NJCardFan
07-01-2015, 09:38 AM
So, I need to refrain, but Rock can suggest it's the same people who created riots up north? That's like a conspiracy theory.

Because in recent months there's more evidence to back up his theories than yours. There is evidence that the Ferguson riots were planned but you don't have any evidence of your theories. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/06/report-ferguson-riots-were-a-coordinated-astroturf-movement-its-leaders-were-trained-in-soros-funded-agitation/

NJCardFan
07-01-2015, 09:41 AM
It is illogical to burn a Church ,
Those that are making political profit
over this only use that for more of it.
I don't agree with any burning.
But if I did it would not be a church.

Tar, feathers, pole , and politician some
assembly required.

This reminds me of the ads going around in the south in 2004 that said if you elect a Republican another black church will burn.

Lanie
07-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Because in recent months there's more evidence to back up his theories than yours. There is evidence that the Ferguson riots were planned but you don't have any evidence of your theories. http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/06/report-ferguson-riots-were-a-coordinated-astroturf-movement-its-leaders-were-trained-in-soros-funded-agitation/

I believe those riots were planned, but that doesn't make those people the same people who are burning down black churches states away. That's ridiculous.

Apocalypse
07-01-2015, 10:59 AM
VIA Weaslezipper

So to break it down, of the “6 Black Churches burned':

1. Knoxville, Tenn – fire set with materials on site, according to police more like a vandalism/kids thing, doesn’t look like ‘hate crime’
2. Macon, Ga – possible arson, but ‘nothing to suggest malicious intent’ (not sure how to reconcile those two statements by police)
3. Gibson County, Tenn – ‘white’ church, hit by lightning
4. Charlotte, N.C. – Arson, but nothing to suggest hate crime, damage to youth area
5. Warrenville, S.C. – don’t know what cause was, can’t rule out an accident
6. Tallahasee, Fla – fire likely touched off by electrical short

Retread
07-02-2015, 11:09 PM
Check me on this - are the same characters behind the 6-7 (according to where you read what) church burnings the same ones inciting the Sharks to riot on the Carolinas coast?