PDA

View Full Version : Read What Americans Are Saying About Hallmark’s “same-sex Gay” Cards

megimoo
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Read What Americans Are Saying About Hallmark’s “same-sex Gay” Cards

[FPN] - - Many citizens throughout America have joined a boycott against Hallmark Incorporated in response to that company’s introduction of so-called “same-sex couple” greeting cards. (See a sampling of petition-signers’ comments from all 50 states below.) The boycott, which was announced in August by Family Policy Network (FPN), has attracted committed participants in cities and towns throughout the nation.

FPN is hosting an online petition that explains the boycott and gathers endorsements from individuals and like-minded organizations at BoycottHallmark.COM. The text of the Boycott Hallmark petition reads as follows:

To: Hallmark Cards CEO Donald J. Hall

In Isaiah 5:20, God warns against exchanging good for evil by saying, “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” (NKJV)

In Mark 10:6-8, God’s design for marriage is expressed clearly by Jesus Christ, when He declares, “But from the beginning of the creation, God ‘made them male and female.’ For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh.” (NKJV)

I urge you to withdraw any and all products sold by your company that celebrate, condone or otherwise encourage homosexual conduct and/or relationships. Unless and until you do, you have my pledge that I will refrain from doing business with your company.

Many Americans who signed the petition to boycott Hallmark over its pro-homosexual cards added their own comments to the statement above. Here is a sampling of comments from each state:

Ginger in Hueytown, Alabama writes, “I have always loved Hallmark products…I will never again.”

Mike in Kodiak, Alaska writes, “I will make sure that the cards I buy from now on will not have your seal. Please, reconsider. Don’t contribute to the debasing of our society.”

Scott in Gilbert, Arizona writes, “Not only do I promise not to purchase any of your products, but I also promise to encourage all my friends not to purchase any of your products until such time as Hallmark removes all materials in support of homosexuality from the market.”

Carley in Hope, Arkansas writes, “You will be losing a very regular shopper if these are continued to be sold.”

Guy in Kelseyville, California writes, “Please stop supporting this cause.”

Diann in Fort Collins, Colorado writes, “It is a sad day in the history of America and Hallmark.”

Normand in Naugatuck, Connecticut writes, “Disappointed to see Hallmark has joined the Gay Marriage crowd.”

Carol in Wilmington, Delaware writes, “You are putting the final nails in your own coffins. You are very foolish.” snip

http://familypolicy.net/us/?p=1188

noonwitch
10-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Americans used to burn Beatle albums and Elvis was once scandalous for wriggling his hips. I doubt Hallmark is going to stop making money off gay customers anytime soon, any more than Scholastic and JK Rowling will stop making money off of Harry Potter.

jinxmchue
10-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Americans used to burn Beatle albums and Elvis was once scandalous for wriggling his hips. I doubt Hallmark is going to stop making money off gay customers anytime soon, any more than Scholastic and JK Rowling will stop making money off of Harry Potter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh, wait. You were serious?

Uh...

Okay, fine. What money?

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 12:47 PM
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-04/funny-cat.jpg

HeHe - Another non-issue that people of consequence don't give a shit about!

megimoo
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM

Read What Americans will now be Saying About Hallmark's cards !

This will hurt their business in a big way. They have made a very foolish decision for the sake of a short term projected market .They've hired a metrosexual marketing type and he promotes this business model with an improved market in homosexual cards .

Hallmark's cards were like the Readers Digest or Norman Rockwell paintings to America and this 'gay' turn will not go down well in the 'American HeartLand' !

wilbur
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Read What Americans will now be Saying About Hallmark's cards !

This will hurt their business in a big way. They have made a very foolish decision for the sake of a short term projected market .They've hired a metrosexual marketing type and he promotes this business model with an improved market in homosexual cards .

Hallmark's cards were like the Readers Digest or Norman Rockwell paintings to America and this 'gay' turn will not go down well in the 'American HeartLand' !

They sure are on a slippery slope! Once you open the door to homosexual greeting cards, it puts us well on our way towards cards for pedophilia, incest and bestiality!

Stop it Hallmark! Before its too late!

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Stop it Hallmark! Before its too late!

:D:D:D

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eld2O1OrXDIC9M:http://www.scene-stealers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/southpark.jpg

Man, I feel so greasy!

jinxmchue
10-27-2008, 02:47 PM
HeHe - Another non-issue that people of consequence don't give a shit about!

So obviously you're not someone of consequence because your comment proves you do give a shit about the issue. If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't even have commented at all.

megimoo
10-27-2008, 02:54 PM
So obviously you're not someone of consequence because your comment proves you do give a shit about the issue. If you didn't give a shit, you wouldn't even have commented at all.Don't confuse him he is very delicate of mind !

noonwitch
10-28-2008, 07:34 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh, wait. You were serious?

Uh...

Okay, fine. What money?

Gay people have lots of money to spend. That's why the old victorian houses in San Francisco are kept up so well. They don't have kids, on the whole. In a relationship, there are two working people with no children on whom to spend their money, so they have it to spend on each other, themselves and their home.

I'm sure Hallmark still sells plenty of family-friendly cards. I really don't buy their cards-I usually buy cards at Target or Dollar Tree, depending on how much I like the person the card is for.

jinxmchue
10-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Gay people have lots of money to spend. That's why the old victorian houses in San Francisco are kept up so well. They don't have kids, on the whole. In a relationship, there are two working people with no children on whom to spend their money, so they have it to spend on each other, themselves and their home.

I'm sure Hallmark still sells plenty of family-friendly cards. I really don't buy their cards-I usually buy cards at Target or Dollar Tree, depending on how much I like the person the card is for.

It takes a lot more than 2-3% of the population buying something for it to make money.

linda22003
10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
It takes a lot more than 2-3% of the population buying something for it to make money.

That's assuming that only gays would buy cards with a gay theme. Straight people who are buying cards for gay people are another potential market segment.

noonwitch
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
That's assuming that only gays would buy cards with a gay theme. Straight people who are buying cards for gay people are another potential market segment.

Or, straight people playing pranks on their straight friends. I'll bet 16-18 year old boys would buy them as a joke and sign another guy's name. I say this as a person who was at a birthday party where a 16 year old boy gave his 17 year old friend a vibrator as a joke.