PDA

View Full Version : Could this possibly be true?

Elspeth
07-14-2015, 03:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxwVuozMnU

#PPSellsBabyParts PLANNED PARENTHOOD’S TOP DOCTOR, PRAISED BY CEO, USES PARTIAL-BIRTH ABORTIONS TO SELL BABY PARTS
PPFA Senior Director of Medical Services Deborah Nucatola, Other Planned Parenthood Leadership Documented Selling Aborted Baby Parts in 3-Year Investigative Journalism Study

Contact: David Daleiden, media@centerformedicalprogress.org, 949.734.0859

LOS ANGELES, July 14—New undercover footage shows Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Senior Director of Medical Services, Dr. Deborah Nucatola, describing how Planned Parenthood sells the body parts of aborted fetuses, and admitting she uses partial-birth abortions to supply intact body parts.

In the video, Nucatola is at a business lunch with actors posing as buyers from a human biologics company. As head of PPFA’s Medical Services department, Nucatola has overseen medical practice at all Planned Parenthood locations since 2009. She also trains new Planned Parenthood abortion doctors and performs abortions herself at Planned Parenthood Los Angeles up to 24 weeks.

The buyers ask Nucatola, “How much of a difference can that actually make, if you know kind of what’s expected, or what we need?”

“It makes a huge difference,” Nucatola replies. “I’d say a lot of people want liver. And for that reason, most providers will do this case under ultrasound guidance, so they’ll know where they’re putting their forceps. The kind of rate-limiting step of the procedure is calvarium. Calvarium—the head—is basically the biggest part.”

Nucatola explains, “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”

“And with the calvarium, in general, some people will actually try to change the presentation so that it’s not vertex,” she continues. “So if you do it starting from the breech presentation, there’s dilation that happens as the case goes on, and often, the last step, you can evacuate an intact calvarium at the end.”

Using ultrasound guidance to manipulate the fetus from vertex to breech orientation before intact extraction is the hallmark of the illegal partial-birth abortion procedure (18 U.S.C. 1531).

Nucatola also reveals that Planned Parenthood’s national office is concerned about their liability for the sale of fetal parts: “At the national office, we have a Litigation and Law Department which just really doesn’t want us to be the middle people for this issue right now,” she says. “But I will tell you that behind closed doors these conversations are happening with the affiliates.”

The sale or purchase of human fetal tissue is a federal felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $500,000 (42 U.S.C. 289g-2).

A separate clip shows Planned Parenthood President and CEO Cecile Richards praising Nucatola’s work to facilitate connections for fetal tissue collection. “Oh good,” Richards says when told about Nucatola’s support for fetal tissue collection at Planned Parenthood, “Great. She’s amazing.”

The video is the first by The Center for Medical Progress in its “Human Capital” series, a nearly 3-year-long investigative journalism study of Planned Parenthood’s illegal trafficking of aborted fetal parts. Project Lead David Daleiden notes: “Planned Parenthood’s criminal conspiracy to make money off of aborted baby parts reaches to the very highest levels of their organization. Elected officials must listen to the public outcry for Planned Parenthood to be held accountable to the law and for our tax dollars to stop underwriting this barbaric abortion business.”

###

See the video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxwV...

Tweet: #PPSellsBabyParts

For more information on the Human Capital project, visit centerformedicalprogress.org.
The Center for Medical Progress is a 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to monitoring and reporting on medical ethics and advances.

Karin
07-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Yes it's true. It's all on tape, and it's all over twitter now. Disgusting monsters.

noonwitch
07-14-2015, 04:10 PM
In one of Anne Rice's novels (The Witching Hour), a doctor character visits a colleague's lab, where she discovers that he is performing experiments on fetuses that have been harvested from abortions. He tells the younger doctor "there wouldn't be laws against it if people weren't doing it" or words to that effect. That novel was written in the 80s, so I'm guessing that yes, this is true. Scientists want to be able to grow a liver from a few cells, and fetal cells are the best for that kind of thing. There is only one way to get healthy fetal cells.

Lanie
07-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Yep, this country's going to Hell.

Elspeth
07-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Yep, this country's going to Hell.

Are you being serious or sarcastic?

Lanie
07-14-2015, 09:01 PM
Are you being serious or sarcastic?

I'm using sarcasm about how rotten people here can be. All this stuff about gay marriage dooming us. It was already too late.

Hey, I can even create some handbaskets if you like. lol.

You need to loosen up some. Have a beer. Watch some comedies or the British House of Commons. It takes a lot to get a person like me (who is also too serious) to say that. On a more serious note, I would think somebody into late term abortion and selling parts might have their soul in danger. I don't think they'd listen to me.

Elspeth
07-14-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm using sarcasm about how rotten people here can be.

Got it. The Cafeteria Catholic strikes again. :)

Lanie
07-14-2015, 09:30 PM

So, you want me to *seriously* say most to all the country is going to Hell? You realize you're part of that country, right? lol.

The people behind this are in danger of hell if they don't repent. Is that hell and damnation preaching enough for you?

I can't be a cafeteria Catholic. Nobody will let me sit down because I'm not ever considered to be one of the cool kids.

Elspeth
07-15-2015, 03:47 AM
So, you want me to *seriously* say most to all the country is going to Hell? You realize you're part of that country, right? lol.

The people behind this are in danger of hell if they don't repent. Is that hell and damnation preaching enough for you?

I can't be a cafeteria Catholic. Nobody will let me sit down because I'm not ever considered to be one of the cool kids.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/2014/06/pope-francis-rigid-traditionalists-and-cafeteria-catholics-arent-really-catholics/

...Half-hearted Catholics–those who believe only some of the Church’s teachings–aren’t really Catholics at all.

“They may call themselves Catholic,” said Pope Francis at his morning Mass at the Domus Sancta Marthae, “but they have one foot out the door.”

...“Alternativists” are those who hold alternative teachings and doctrines. They, according to Pope Francis, have “a partial belonging to the church. These, too, have one foot outside the church. They rent the church,” not recognizing that its teaching is based on the preaching of Jesus and the apostolic tradition. The “alternativists” are today’s “Cafeteria Catholics” who accept some teachings, but not the teachings which they find inconvenient or which they don’t really understand.....

SarasotaRepub
07-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Don't worry people, I've read on DU that this is all a

setup job by the ebil religious right so close your eyes

and ignore the horror...:rolleyes:

Lanie
07-15-2015, 10:09 AM
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/2014/06/pope-francis-rigid-traditionalists-and-cafeteria-catholics-arent-really-catholics/

...Half-hearted Catholics–those who believe only some of the Church’s teachings–aren’t really Catholics at all (American ones, anyway).

“They may call themselves Catholic,” said Pope Francis at his morning Mass at the Domus Sancta Marthae, “but they have one foot out the door.”

...“Alternativists” are those who hold alternative teachings and doctrines. They, according to Pope Francis, have “a partial belonging to the church. These, too, have one foot outside the church. They rent the church,” not recognizing that its teaching is based on the preaching of Jesus and the apostolic tradition. The “alternativists” are today’s “Cafeteria Catholics” who accept some teachings, but not the teachings which they find inconvenient or which they don’t really understand.....

I hope the Pope realizes that most of the RCC since most of them believe in birth control.

I'm aware of the term cafeteria Catholic. I'm also aware of cafeteria Baptists, Methodists, etc. If I had a husband, I'd actually be submissive to him. I want to see all the good, Christian women here stand up and say the same thing. Consequently, this is ONE reason why a woman shouldn't marry just anybody. If I was pregnant, I wouldn't have an abortion. If these people in the OP get caught, I'm all for putting them in prison for a very long time. If I was attracted to a woman, I'd do nothing about it. Political me and personal me are two different things. I sort of think you and certain others are just going to judge me no matter what. Why? Because I have a ten year reputation of being a shit stirring liberal at times. I'm also looking at conservatives on here who admit they don't want to get in the way of abortion rights, gay marriage, and they get away with it because they're accepted as conservatives (the libertarian type of conservative I guess).

No offense, but I've had a rough week religion wise. I don't need your garbage.

Elspeth
07-15-2015, 03:22 PM
No offense, but I've had a rough week religion wise. I don't need your garbage.

No offense, but I have lots of rough weeks and I have no respite from your illogical opinions and dishonesty either. When it gets really bad, I stop posting for awhile. Maybe your should do the same.

Lanie
07-15-2015, 05:18 PM
No offense, but I have lots of rough weeks and I have no respite from your illogical opinions and dishonesty either. When it gets really bad, I stop posting for awhile. Maybe your should do the same.

Here's the thing. If I was coming up here defending these Planned Parenthood bozos, I could understand you being the way you are. The thing is I'm not doing that and you just want to pick a fight. Same issue with the gender change/minor thread. I agreed how wrong that was, and you were looking for a fight to. Anything to be your self-righteous and judgmental self.

I'll just ignore you for a while.

Elspeth
07-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Here's the thing. If I was coming up here defending these Planned Parenthood bozos, I could understand you being the way you are. The thing is I'm not doing that and you just want to pick a fight. Same issue with the gender change/minor thread. I agreed how wrong that was, and you were looking for a fight to. Anything to be your self-righteous and judgmental self.

The fight was picked by you, Lanie. Here is the history of the exchange:

1. I post the OP about Planned Parenthood selling aborted babies' body parts.

2. You respond:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Cafeteria%20Catholic%201_zpsosusrrph.png

3. Knowing how you feel about abortion (allegedly), I wonder if you are serious, even though the post first strikes me as sarcastic.

4. I post:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Cafeteria%20Catholic%202_zpsrbdsjq3y.png

5. Instead of just saying "Sarcastic", you start into the homosexual marriage topic and imply that my feelings are too strong on the subject and I should have a beer:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Cafeteria%20Catholic%203_zpsfk7bv9tg.png

Homosexual marriage was nowhere in the OP--you brought it in simply to pick a fight. Your "advice" to me was merely a covert insult, done in such a way that you could claim plausible deniability.

This is what I mean when I say you are basically dishonest. You lie overtly and sometimes use subterfuges (as you did above) to be insulting.

I highly recommend that you put me on ignore permanently and never again engage me in conversation. Otherwise, I will consider it my duty to point out your many lies and subterfuges as well your moral inconsistencies.

Rockntractor
07-15-2015, 06:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/y3AIJB1.jpg

Retread
07-15-2015, 08:51 PM
http://largedomes.com/largest/graphics/nagoya_dome.jpg

Lanie
07-15-2015, 09:22 PM

I have a cat that looks and acts exactly like that white one. She's the good kitty. The bad one is mean to her.

freedumb2003
07-15-2015, 09:43 PM

You and yours rendered Marriage meaningless.

There is not a word of Obergefell that does not apply to poly or incest relationships.

Other than property and a few other things which could be contracted marriage is now the same as buying a condo. So long as all parties are able to enter into a contract the numbers or their prior relationships are irrelevant. There is no social policy being served by it and thus it should be eliminated.

Marriage officially has no meaning.

Good work, libtards.

Elspeth
07-15-2015, 10:26 PM

I know you're trying to make peace here, Rock, and I appreciate that. But this isn't Lanie's first rodeo.

Lanie
07-15-2015, 10:34 PM

There is not a word of Obergefell that does not apply to poly or incest relationships.

Other than property and a few other things which could be contracted marriage is now the same as buying a condo. So long as all parties are able to enter into a contract the numbers or their prior relationships are irrelevant. There is no social policy being served by it and thus it should be eliminated.

Good work, libtards.

Government cannot destroy what God has made.

Government cannot destroy a marriage. It's up to us to find a meaningful marriage and to keep it going. Personal responsibility. I heard it was a conservative idea.

I thought this thread was about nazis selling baby body parts. Okay, I was wrong.

Elspeth
07-15-2015, 11:43 PM

If you're saying that God made homosexual "marriage", then that is against the Catholic theology you were allegedly raised with. You clearly are no authority on this.

Government cannot destroy a marriage. It's up to us to find a meaningful marriage and to keep it going.

If this were the case, why did homosexuals need legal marriage? It was, after all, up to them to find a meaningful marriage and keep it going, correct?

Personal responsibility. I heard it was a conservative idea.

Again, the homosexuals should have used their personal responsibility to find meaningful marriage outside the law if you are correct.

I thought this thread was about nazis selling baby body parts. Okay, I was wrong.

You were the one who brought homosexual "marriage" into it, Lanie. (See my screenshots above) Everyone else was trying to discuss the Planned Parenthood video.

This response is for freedumb's benefit.

RobJohnson
07-16-2015, 09:08 AM

Good work, libtards.

Atheists have claimed for years that marriage is simply a civil contract to protect property & children when consenting adults are in a relationship. Legally that is correct, but they have tried & tried to leave out the fact that the relationship involves love, marriage vows & a promise to God. The recent Supreme Court ruling eliminates "states rights" when it comes to marriage and that is now claimed as a huge victory, not only for atheists, but for that small percentage of our population that identifies as homosexual.

If you support same sex marriages, you are supporting all of the above. It all sounds pretty un-American to me.

Now we will watch the atheist same sex couples "find" religion, or claim deity, which will then allow them to challenge not only the integrity of the church, but also the legal rights of the church.

RobJohnson
07-16-2015, 09:25 AM

That has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever read on the internet, you should get some type of reward.

Lanie
07-16-2015, 11:00 AM
That has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever read on the internet, you should get some type of reward.

Why is that stupid? Is government stronger than God now?

When same sex marriage was passed, a bunch of people said it doesn't change what's marriage in the eyes of God. I would agree with that.

Karin
07-16-2015, 04:57 PM
Well that was surreal. Here we have an honest-to-God real life horror, and it suddenly gets hijacked by gay marriage. And Lanie, I don't know you, but you sure sounded indifferent about it. Oh-well-what-are-you-going-to-do?

txradioguy
08-04-2015, 07:47 AM

C'mon Rob...this is Bridget we're talking about here...she's been saying stuff like that at CU for 10 years.

Well ok maybe an award for consistency.

txradioguy
08-04-2015, 07:48 AM
Well that was surreal. Here we have an honest-to-God real life horror, and it suddenly gets hijacked by gay marriage. And Lanie, I don't know you, but you sure sounded indifferent about it. Oh-well-what-are-you-going-to-do?

Welcome to a typical debate with Bridget/Lanie. This one got hijacked sooner than most because it was proven earlier than normal that she didn't know what the hell she was talking about.

Elspeth
08-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Well, back on track....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egGUEvY7CEg

Baby parts at 11:30.

txradioguy
08-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Well, back on track....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egGUEvY7CEg

Baby parts at 11:30.
I can't listen to even a reading of of a transcript without getting upset and feeling a need to hug my kids.

And it's truly disgusting to see people defend this barbaric trade in human body parts. The "people" that act like this is just meh...are the same people wanting to crucify a dentist for killing a lion.

Elspeth
08-04-2015, 04:12 PM
I know. I couldn't watch the end of the video. It got to be too much for me.

txradioguy
08-05-2015, 03:49 AM
You're a thread resurrecting asshole. Oh, and BTW, I did not get this off track. Your friend Elspeth did. I made one little joke and she turned the rest of the thread into homosexuality. Not that you care about the truth. Asshole. Lanie

So much for Bridget/Lanie's sweet as pie poor me I'm just a picked on persona she foists on everyone.

This is her behind the scenes...the definition of passive aggressive. This is how she really is and why I call her out every chance I get.

Give me all the negative karma you want Bridget. Those only really matter to insecure people who equate the karma they receive on an internet message board with whether someone likes them or not.

Give me one every day until the internet ceases to exist..it won't matter one whit to me.

txradioguy
08-05-2015, 03:51 AM
I know. I couldn't watch the end of the video. It got to be too much for me.

My 17 y/o son heard some of the audio from this on the Rush podcast I was playing on Saturday and he got visibly upset when I confirmed that yes he was indeed hearing what he thought he was hearing.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 08:20 AM
So much for Bridget/Lanie's sweet as pie poor me I'm just a picked on persona she foists on everyone.

This is her behind the scenes...the definition of passive aggressive. This is how she really is and why I call her out every chance I get.

Give me all the negative karma you want Bridget. Those only really matter to insecure people who equate the karma they receive on an internet message board with whether someone likes them or not.

Give me one every day until the internet ceases to exist..it won't matter one whit to me.

I am sweet as pie.....sometimes.

There have been plenty of PP threads around here and you chose this one to respond to. And why? Me of course.

And I'd be surprised if you hadn't handed me a bucket of red points in the past. Truth is I used to get three or four of them every time we had an argument. I thought those were friends of yours, but I really wouldn't be surprised if it was you.

BTW, I've also given you positive karma before. I just wasn't going to sign it.

The truth is if you weren't a jerk to me every chance you could get, I probably would be sweet as pie to you. But no, you resurrect a thread because I really wasn't on CU much the past week (What? No other threads to pick from, Tx?). You call me scrunt and every other name in the book. No, I'm not going to be sweet to you. If you were nice to me out here, I really would be nice to you.

txradioguy
08-05-2015, 10:26 AM
Lanie

This message is hidden because Lanie is on your ignore list.
View Post

Remove user from ignore list

:rolleyes:

Speak up...can't hear you.

Retread
08-05-2015, 12:41 PM
?.....

So if it don't matter, why bring it up?

txradioguy
08-05-2015, 01:17 PM
And right on cue the bodyguard shows up.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 01:33 PM
You're a thread resurrecting asshole. Oh, and BTW, I did not get this off track. Your friend Elspeth did. I made one little joke and she turned the rest of the thread into homosexuality. Not that you care about the truth. Asshole. Lanie

Please don't identify yourself with Catholicism anymore, Lanie. You clearly cannot tell the truth: your "joke" derailed the thread and people responded to your derailment. It's very clearly in the record.

Part of Christianity--and Catholicism in particular--is taking responsibility for your own actions. When we pray the Act of Contrition or say the Kyrie ("Lord have mercy") in Mass, we are taking responsibility for what we do and asking God's forgiveness. This is a basic core of living a moral Christian life.

You clearly do not understand this and, as such, have no basis on which to call yourself a Catholic. Please refrain from doing so.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Actually, Retread, I am glad he posted Lanie's comments to him. It is good to see that the image Lanie portrays on the board is very different from the person she actually is.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 02:18 PM
And in case there is any doubt:

EVIDENCE

1. The OP has no mention of homosexual "marriage"--only Planned Parenthood.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%203_zpszhw6khqg.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%204_zpszey83w0a.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%205_zpswv7oapqs.jpg

2. First two responses are On Topic. Then Lanie makes a flippant comment that does not seem to fit the gravity of Planned Parenthood's killing of children:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%201_zpswfsdtxuy.jpg

3. I ask Lanie if she is serious (about her reaction to the abortion video). Lanie THEN brings up "gay marriage". She is the first to mention the topic and the first to derail the thread:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%202_zpsk9r7sh3u.jpg

Now, contrast this with Lanie's words to Txradioguy:

No, Lanie.

No one mentioned homosexuality in this thread until Lanie did. Lanie actively derailed the thread and, in private IMs , proceeds to blame others.

THIS is who Lanie is. This is what she does.

She may try to squirm out of this with a misinterpretation of the record, but the record is here to look at and compare with her version of events.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Please don't identify yourself with Catholicism anymore, Lanie. You clearly cannot tell the truth: your "joke" derailed the thread and people responded to your derailment. It's very clearly in the record.

Part of Christianity--and Catholicism in particular--is taking responsibility for your own actions. When we pray the Act of Contrition or say the Kyrie ("Lord have mercy") in Mass, we are taking responsibility for what we do and asking God's forgiveness. This is a basic core of living a moral Christian life.

You clearly do not understand this and, as such, have no basis on which to call yourself a Catholic. Please refrain from doing so.

What's your obsession with me and my Catholicism about?

My priests, not you decide if I can still call myself a Catholic or not. The thing was I made one comment about how people made a big deal out of gay marriage when really abortion was destroying the country all along. It's like those dumb pictures of Kim from Korea threatening to destroy this country followed by a picture of Obama laughing with a caption "Too late." No, it's not really funny, but it does make a point.

Anyway, from my comment, you continued to turn this thread into homosexuality and if I remember right, my Catholicism (as if it's your business what I call myself).

I confess to God and my priest when I sin. He lets me know if there's a problem with calling myself a Catholic, not you.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Well Elspeth, since you want to play the game of quoting people, let's look at yours (and btw, EVERYBODY knows you're obsessed with gays).

Elspeth
Power CUer

Default 07-14-2015, 09:24 PM
Add to this user's reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post

And then, you start your thread derailment about me as a Catholic.

Elspeth
Power CUer

Default 07-15-2015, 03:47 AM

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathysc...lly-catholics/

...Half-hearted Catholics–those who believe only some of the Church’s teachings–aren’t really Catholics at all.

I guess that was your way of saying if I agreed with gay marriage being legal, then I am not Catholic (and what does this have to do with abortion?).

Then,

Elspeth
Power CUer

Default 07-15-2015, 06:16 PM

2. You respond:

3. Knowing how you feel about abortion (allegedly), I wonder if you are serious, even though the post first strikes me as sarcastic.

4. I post:

5. Instead of just saying "Sarcastic", you start into the homosexual marriage topic and imply that my feelings are too strong on the subject and I should have a beer:

Homosexual marriage was nowhere in the OP--you brought it in simply to pick a fight. Your "advice" to me was merely a covert insult, done in such a way that you could claim plausible deniability.

This is what I mean when I say you are basically dishonest. You lie overtly and sometimes use subterfuges (as you did above) to be insulting.

I highly recommend that you put me on ignore permanently and never again engage me in conversation. Otherwise, I will consider it my duty to point out your many lies and subterfuges as well your moral inconsistencies.

So, I apparently picked a fight (according to you) with one dumb joke. From there, you went off on rants and obsessions about how I'm not a true Catholic. Seriously, why do you care?

BTW, I left you alone in the thread and did ignore you for a few days as advised.

But that wasn't enough. You needed to respond to me responding to Freedumb.

Elspeth
Power CUer

Default 07-15-2015, 11:43 PM

If you're saying that God made homosexual "marriage", then that is against the Catholic theology you were allegedly raised with. You clearly are no authority on this.

Government cannot destroy a marriage. It's up to us to find a meaningful marriage and to keep it going.
If this were the case, why did homosexuals need legal marriage? It was, after all, up to them to find a meaningful marriage and keep it going, correct?

Again, the homosexuals should have used their personal responsibility to find meaningful marriage outside the law if you are correct.

You were the one who brought homosexual "marriage" into it, Lanie. (See my screenshots above) Everyone else was trying to discuss the Planned Parenthood video.

So yes, you are the one who derailed this thread. What it comes down to is that I can't make one joke without you going off on rants about my Catholicism, homosexuality, etc. Seriously, get a life.

txradioguy
08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
The screen caps don't lie.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Note to self. Don't make jokes about how we're going to Hell and don't bring up the point that the country was going to Hell a long time ago. Otherwise, Elspeth will get off on my Catholicism, take every thing I say seriously (the jokes included), and then Tx will resurrect the thread ten years later.

on edit: On another note. The threadjack was more about Elspeth's obsession with my Catholicism. Most people would have ignored my joke. You can't say the OP here was about whether I'm a real Catholic. She's obsessed.

Retread
08-05-2015, 03:17 PM
And right on cue the bodyguard shows up.

So.... Answer the question?

Retread
08-05-2015, 03:24 PM
Actually, Retread, I am glad he posted Lanie's comments to him. It is good to see that the image Lanie portrays on the board is very different from the person she actually is.

I have no problem with his posting. Mostly, as soon as I see the author, I just sail on by as it is usually just throwing mud balls at the wall to make a mess.

I'm calling him out on this one as, if it did not matter, he would not have mentioned it.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 03:37 PM
So.... Answer the question?

I wish I had a bodyguard. The idea sounds romantic. I think you're older than me though.

I have no problem with his posting. Mostly, as soon as I see the author, I just sail on by as it is usually just throwing mud balls at the wall to make a mess.

I'm calling him out on this one as, if it did not matter, he would not have mentioned it.

I agree. He does care. As for the the accusations that I'm two faced, not really. I just have two sides. Sweet as pie and bitchy. I"m sorry, but I don't want to deal with resurrected threads to pick fights right now. I should keep my mouth shut, but my self-control is lacking as of lately.

Retread
08-05-2015, 03:48 PM
I wish I had a bodyguard. The idea sounds romantic. I think you're older than me though.

Probably by about a factor of three. I'm far too old to be much of a bodyguard for anyone unless I need to use my self-defense plea - that is in .38, .45 or 16 gauge.

I agree. He does care. As for the the accusations that I'm two faced, not really. I just have two sides. Sweet as pie and bitchy. I"m sorry, but I don't want to deal with resurrected threads to pick fights right now. I should keep my mouth shut, but my self-control is lacking as of lately.

I think what you owe trg is some of the moxie you've seemingly acquired over the time I've been around. Comes from beating off the attacks.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Well Elspeth, since you want to play the game of quoting people, let's look at yours (and btw, EVERYBODY knows you're obsessed with gays).

Then why the need to provide a huge quote full of proof? You only need proof when someone is lying.

I believe that homosexuality is immoral and that the legalization of "gay marriage" will lead to the acceptance of more immoral and unethical behavior and that some of this will end up enshrined in American law. I say that openly and, as you pointed out, "everyone knows" it.

You, on the other hand, are notorious for lying, as the screencaps show. Other CUers have dealt with you in the heat of the battle and you end up looking innocent when some CUer, especially male, gets angry at you for lying again and again.

I, only the other hand, simply collect evidence. It is the evidence of the screen caps that you are furious about. You got caught, and I'm not a big angry man that can make you seem like an innocent kitten.

And then, you start your thread derailment about me as a Catholic.

You had already derailed the thread, my dear, with your mention of homosexuality, which had nothing to do with the OP and which no one else had mentioned before you piped up with it. The screen caps prove it.

Now, in terms of the Cafeteria Catholic comment, here is the interchange:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie6_zpswpknxhx9.jpg

First, notice that you explain how your intent was to drag homosexual "marriage" into the thread by your "sarcasm". This means that your initial comment ("Yep, this country's going to hell") was not, in fact, about Planned Parenthood, but about homosexuality. One could argue, based on your own admission, that your intent was to derail the thread with homosexuality as of your first post (#4) and not your second (#6). So both the textual evidence and your own admission proves that you derailed the thread.

The Cafeteria Catholic comment is a direct response to your attitude on homosexual "marriage". Since you believe strongly enough in homosexual "marriage" to derail a thread on another topic, this marks you as someone who does not follow Catholic theology. We call people like these "Cafeteria Catholics": those who pick and choose the parts of Catholicism they deign to follow.

So, in short: you derailed the thread--by your own admission (and the screen caps)--and I reacted to your derailment. End of story.

I guess that was your way of saying if I agreed with gay marriage being legal, then I am not Catholic (and what does this have to do with abortion?).

It is a very common way of saying that you pick and choose those elements of Catholicism which you deem worthy of following. I know a priest who did not hire a parish secretary because he considered her a Cafeteria Catholic. The term is in common parlance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLoaYB3HxY

The rest of your quote I will deal with in the next post.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Elspeth
Power CUer

Default 07-15-2015, 06:16 PM

2. You respond:

4. I post:

So, I apparently picked a fight (according to you) with one dumb joke. From there, you went off on rants and obsessions about how I'm not a true Catholic. Seriously, why do you care?

BTW, I left you alone in the thread and did ignore you for a few days as advised.

OK, let's take this big mess and look at the actual screen caps.

Before your quotes above, you respond to the Cafeteria Catholic comment:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie7_zpsp0qcydnl.jpg

This response is all over the place, as most of your long responses are. I did not directly address the bulk of it because it was basically whining and deflection. One correction to this statement of self pity: I am not judging you as a conservative. I am judging you as a Catholic. Other than that, I took no interest in it.

Your final statement here "No offense, but I've had a rough week religion wise. I don't need your garbage." My "garbage" as it were, was requiring you to be theologically and philosophically consistent with the religion you profess to follow. Because you "had a rough week", you felt that you had some kind of dispensation from that responsibility to your faith.

You don't get "off" weeks from your belief system.

Basically, "I've had a rough week" is an emotional plea to me to ignore your bad faith actions: the derailing of the thread and your attacks on me personally.

But see, I'm not a man. I'm not going to say, "Oh, poor baby, I'll lay off now. Here, you don't have to take responsibility for anything you just said."

I will actually make you take responsibility for your bad faith actions and your squirmy attempt to extricate yourself from the consequences of your own actions:

My response to you indicates just this:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%208_zpscaz5ldxh.jpg

First, I point out that no matter how bad my week is, you feel free to lie and present illogical opinions as if they mean something. However, since having "a rough week religion wise" exonerates you from honesty or logic, I suggest that maybe, if it's really bad, you should stop posting for a while.

Your response is to accuse me of your crime. "..you just want to pick a fight." No Lanie, YOU picked the fight. You admit in your post to me today that your sarcastic barb in comment #4 was really in reference to homosexuality:

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/spectral_music/media/LAnie%2010_zpsklm9nato.jpg.html

So the actual truth is that YOU wanted to pick a fight. I refused to get into a knock-down drag out over homosexual marriage on the PP thread. I simply responded to you, personally, and pointed out your basic dishonesty and lack of Catholic values. I don't think you liked that very much.

Now as to the rest of the interchange. When you accuse me of doing something I did not do--and when this is something you, in fact, yourself actually did--a defense has to be made against your lies. That is what I did here:

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/spectral_music/media/LAnie%2011_zpsxgzcjxsa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%2012_zpsgtzqj638.jpg

If you notice, I did then EXACTLY what I am doing now: using screen caps to both defend myself and show that you are lying through your hat.

The screen caps don't lie. You started the fight. You will continue to lie, I am sure. And the reason you continue to lie is because you are enabled in doing so. Even when people know you are lying, they feel sorry for you because of the sweet, innocent, fragile way you come across on the internet.

Anyone who points out your lies and your false accusations can only get so far because you cry like a wounded dove and many good men respond to that. Bless them for being White Knights. These men are very kind. But good, kind men can often get used and manipulated by lying women. You are one of those women, Lanie. You take advantage of good men to cover up your lies and false accusations of others.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Probably by about a factor of three. I'm far too old to be much of a bodyguard for anyone unless I need to use my self-defense plea - that is in .38, .45 or 16 gauge.

I think what you owe trg is some of the moxie you've seemingly acquired over the time I've been around. Comes from beating off the attacks.

Retread,

At the risk of pulling you into this--and I really haven't wished to in the past--I think you need to be pulled in.

You are defending someone who has lied about me. That personally hurts my feelings more than I can tell you.

Lanie took a thread on Planned Parenthood and derailed it with a sarcastic comment that she herself admits was for the purpose of derailing the thread. She then accused me of doing what she herself did.

I have posted proofs in this thread and would ask you to read them. The proofs are very clear: Lanie has lied about me, about this thread, and about her motivations in it. I know the proofs are long and boring, but they are solid and truthful.

I understand that Lanie comes off very appealing. But that is a cover for her to hurt others and I'm getting tired of it.

Please read the proofs and talk to me. You can IM me if you wish.

Elspeth

Retread
08-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Retread,

At the risk of pulling you into this--and I really haven't wished to in the past--I think you need to be pulled in.

You are defending someone who has lied about me. That personally hurts my feelings more than I can tell you.

Lanie took a thread on Planned Parenthood and derailed it with a sarcastic comment that she herself admits was for the purpose of derailing the thread. She then accused me of doing what she herself did.

I have posted proofs in this thread and would ask you to read them. The proofs are very clear: Lanie has lied about me, about this thread, and about her motivations in it. I know the proofs are long and boring, but they are solid and truthful.

I understand that Lanie comes off very appealing. But that is a cover for her to hurt others and I'm getting tired of it.

Please read the proofs and talk to me. You can IM me if you wish.

Elspeth

I mean no disrespect to you and I'm not 'defending' anybody. I'm calling out a serial bully whose character and integrity is expressly lacking and who never, never, never addresses the question but simply follows up with more attacks. He interjected himself into a session that, IMHO, was basically between the two of you and had absolutely nothing to offer but the same old tired crap I've seen him dish for all the time I've been here. As far as I'm concerned, I am not involved in the subject thread except to hand back what has already been handed out. I have refrained and will continue to refrain from taking anybodies side re: the OP.

BTW - while I'm at it, I did post a very sincere apology to you on the other thread re: Starbucks handicapped parking. I hope you read it.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:06 PM
Now we'll take the end:

But that wasn't enough. You needed to respond to me responding to Freedumb.

Elspeth
Power CUer

Default 07-15-2015, 11:43 PM

Why is this a problem?

So yes, you are the one who derailed this thread.

NO, Lanie, you did. There are 3 posts filled with screencaps that prove it. STOP LYING.

What it comes down to is that I can't make one joke without you going off on rants about my Catholicism, homosexuality, etc. Seriously, get a life.

You didn't make a joke, Lanie. You admit that you deliberately derailed the thread:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/LAnie%2010_zpsklm9nato.jpg

You admit that you were making a personal attack on me (and some others) with sarcasm because of our views on homosexual "marriage." That was why you made comment #4. This is a derailment of the thread.

In comment #6 you overtly discuss homosexual "marriage." Another derailment of the thread.

The last part of your phrase--"without you going off on rants about my Catholicism, homosexuality, etc."--is hyberbole. I usually don't engage you, Lanie for three reasons:

You are basically dishonest and I have no desire to deal with liars
You're not that bright and arguing philosophical points with you is like trying to discuss Spinoza with a toddler
You have men who defend you on this board because you play the damsel in distress role and come across as vulnerable. You basically throw grenades, and when someone tosses it back, you scream that you have been attacked. Then you say the most vile things to some people and get away with it.

I know there is no justice under these circumstances, so I usually just avoid you. This time, I decided not to.

You've been caught in lie after lie, Lanie. At some point, people need to take notice.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 09:11 PM
OK, let's take this big mess and look at the actual screen caps.

Before your quotes above, you respond to the Cafeteria Catholic comment:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie7_zpsp0qcydnl.jpg

This response is all over the place, as most of your long responses are. I did not directly address the bulk of it because it was basically whining and deflection. One correction to this statement of self pity: I am not judging you as a conservative. I am judging you as a Catholic. Other than that, I took no interest in it.

Your final statement here "No offense, but I've had a rough week religion wise. I don't need your garbage." My "garbage" as it were, was requiring you to be theologically and philosophically consistent with the religion you profess to follow. Because you "had a rough week", you felt that you had some kind of dispensation from that responsibility to your faith.

You don't get "off" weeks from your belief system.

Basically, "I've had a rough week" is an emotional plea to me to ignore your bad faith actions: the derailing of the thread and your attacks on me personally.

But see, I'm not a man. I'm not going to say, "Oh, poor baby, I'll lay off now. Here, you don't have to take responsibility for anything you just said."

I will actually make you take responsibility for your bad faith actions and your squirmy attempt to extricate yourself from the consequences of your own actions:

My response to you indicates just this:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%208_zpscaz5ldxh.jpg

First, I point out that no matter how bad my week is, you feel free to lie and present illogical opinions as if they mean something. However, since having "a rough week religion wise" exonerates you from honesty or logic, I suggest that maybe, if it's really bad, you should stop posting for a while.

Your response is to accuse me of your crime. "..you just want to pick a fight." No Lanie, YOU picked the fight. You admit in your post to me today that your sarcastic barb in comment #4 was really in reference to homosexuality:

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/spectral_music/media/LAnie%2010_zpsklm9nato.jpg.html

So the actual truth is that YOU wanted to pick a fight. I refused to get into a knock-down drag out over homosexual marriage on the PP thread. I simply responded to you, personally, and pointed out your basic dishonesty and lack of Catholic values. I don't think you liked that very much.

Now as to the rest of the interchange. When you accuse me of doing something I did not do--and when this is something you, in fact, yourself actually did--a defense has to be made against your lies. That is what I did here:

http://s297.photobucket.com/user/spectral_music/media/LAnie%2011_zpsxgzcjxsa.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/Lanie%2012_zpsgtzqj638.jpg

If you notice, I did then EXACTLY what I am doing now: using screen caps to both defend myself and show that you are lying through your hat.

The screen caps don't lie. You started the fight. You will continue to lie, I am sure. And the reason you continue to lie is because you are enabled in doing so. Even when people know you are lying, they feel sorry for you because of the sweet, innocent, fragile way you come across on the internet.

Anyone who points out your lies and your false accusations can only get so far because you cry like a wounded dove and many good men respond to that. Bless them for being White Knights. These men are very kind. But good, kind men can often get used and manipulated by lying women. You are one of those women, Lanie. You take advantage of good men to cover up your lies and false accusations of others.

What the hell did comment four prove other than I think a lot of people in this country are going to hell? Bad joke, but still a joke.

Second, you now admit to taking the thread off track (which is what I accused you of) with your obsessions of whether I'm a true Catholic or not. The "lie" you accuse me of blaming you for hijacking the thread. Something is only a lie if I see it as one. One can say something that isn't true and not be lying in the eyes of God if they believe what they say is true. I believe what I'm saying about you hijacking this thread is true because after I made comments about the country going to hell, you went nuts on my religion for several posts.

You did that knowing this thread was not about my faith. You are the one who hijacked this thread.

Now, as for picking fights, I think I should let you know what I truly look like when I pick a fight. Your friend Tx should have warned you about this supposedly knowing me so well and all. I apologize to Retread and the staff for what I'm about to do. Please take whatever action you feel is necessary to address what I'm about to do. I think Elspeth needs to know what I look like when I'm picking a fight. Oh, and I also want to clarify that this is a sin. Calling Tx an asshole is a sin. Part of Catholic values is grace. I shouldn't do it, but you've really gotten on my very last nerve, so here it goes. This is what I look like when I pick a fight.

YOU FUCKING SELF-RIGHTEOUS BITCH! GET OFF MY BACK! YOU'RE NOT MY GOD OR MY PRIEST! I WILL NOT BE THE NEXT OBJECT OF YOUR OBSESSION. GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU DAMN OBSESSED BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's actually not completely what I look like when I'm picking a fight. I've mellowed out some. But the point is LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

Yeah, I'll have a lot of convictions against that later. I'll ask forgiveness of God. I'll go to the priest, who will say I shouldn't be on the internet to chat.

Sorry Retread. Sorry staff. No, seriously. I am sorry. She's gotten on my last nerve with her self-righteousness.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:11 PM
What's your obsession with me and my Catholicism about?

Because you are not a Catholic, theologically speaking, but identify as one. You lie continuously about people on this board. When you are called on your lies, you do not ask for forgiveness, like good Catholic, but persist in your lie and attack others with further misrepresentations and lies.

Anyway, from my comment, you continued to turn this thread into homosexuality.

This is a lie. EVERY screen cap proves it's a lie. You should be asking forgiveness, not persisting in attacking based on your own lies.

I confess to God and my priest when I sin. He lets me know if there's a problem with calling myself a Catholic, not you.

Your priest may not know the amount of lying you do on this board, child.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:16 PM
What the hell did comment four prove other than I think a lot of people in this country are going to hell? Bad joke, but still a joke.

Second, you now admit to taking the thread off track (which is what I accused you of) with your obsessions of whether I'm a true Catholic or not. The "lie" you accuse me of blaming you for hijacking the thread. Something is only a lie if I see it as one. One can say something that isn't true and not be lying in the eyes of God if they believe what they say is true. I believe what I'm saying about you hijacking this thread is true because after I made comments about the country going to hell, you went nuts on my religion for several posts.

No, Lanie. I have shown that YOU took the thread off track. When people respond to you hijacking the thread, that is not taking it off track, when you have already done so.

Good Lord, woman! You wouldn't recognize the truth if it came wrapped in a bow carried by an angel.

You are utterly incapable--UTTERLY--of telling the truth.

You did that knowing this thread was not about my faith. You are the one who hijacked this thread.

You have no faith for this thread to be about. You lie so continuously that claiming any version of Christianity--or any ethical system--is completely impossible for you.

Now, as for picking fights, I think I should let you know what I truly look like when I pick a fight. Your friend Tx should have warned you about this supposedly knowing me so well and all. I apologize to Retread and the staff for what I'm about to do. Please take whatever action you feel is necessary to address what I'm about to do. I think Elspeth needs to know what I look like when I'm picking a fight. Oh, and I also want to clarify that this is a sin. Calling Tx an asshole is a sin. Part of Catholic values is grace. I shouldn't do it, but you've really gotten on my very last nerve, so here it goes. This is what I look like when I pick a fight.

YOU FUCKING SELF-RIGHTEOUS BITCH! GET OFF MY BACK! YOU'RE NOT MY GOD OR MY PRIEST! I WILL NOT BE THE NEXT OBJECT OF YOUR OBSESSION. GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU DAMN OBSESSED BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's actually not completely what I look like when I'm picking a fight. I've mellowed out some. But the point is LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

Yeah, I'll have a lot of convictions against that later. I'll ask forgiveness of God. I'll go to the priest, who will say I shouldn't be on the internet to chat.

Sorry Retread. Sorry staff. No, seriously. I am sorry. She's gotten on my last nerve with her self-righteousness.

Picking fights does not require profanity. It only requires the willingness to attack in some way. THAT you have done time and time again. And THAT you did on this thread.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Now we'll take the end:

Why is this a problem?

NO, Lanie, you did. There are 3 posts filled with screencaps that prove it. STOP LYING.

You didn't make a joke, Lanie. You admit that you deliberately derailed the thread:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/LAnie%2010_zpsklm9nato.jpg

You admit that you were making a personal attack on me (and some others) with sarcasm because of our views on homosexual "marriage." That was why you made comment #4. This is a derailment of the thread.

In comment #6 you overtly discuss homosexual "marriage." Another derailment of the thread.

The last part of your phrase--"without you going off on rants about my Catholicism, homosexuality, etc."--is hyberbole. I usually don't engage you, Lanie for three reasons:

You are basically dishonest and I have no desire to deal with liars
You're not that bright and arguing philosophical points with you is like trying to discuss Spinoza with a toddler
You have men who defend you on this board because you play the damsel in distress role and come across as vulnerable. You basically throw grenades, and when someone tosses it back, you scream that you have been attacked. Then you say the most vile things to some people and get away with it.

I know there is no justice under these circumstances, so I usually just avoid you. This time, I decided not to.

You've been caught in lie after lie, Lanie. At some point, people need to take notice.

You're saying that I admit to using a comment to derail a thread. Not one of your quotes of mine says that I made those comments for that reason. I admitted to making those comments to joke around. People say the country is going to be ruined because of gay marriage. Well guess what? Too late.

And you shouldn't engage me. You know why? I think you're a self-righteous bitch. I think just about every post you make about me or others is about judging people. You do have some informative posts, but your goal is to hurt others with your self-righteousness.

You really really don't want me to come all out with my fighting. Most people who have been here over the years know how nasty I can get. I don't mean a misunderstanding on my part that hurts somebody's feelings. I mean claws, punches, nastiness. Leave me alone. I mean it.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:27 PM
I mean no disrespect to you and I'm not 'defending' anybody. I'm calling out a serial bully whose character and integrity is expressly lacking and who never, never, never addresses the question but simply follows up with more attacks. He interjected himself into a session that, IMHO, was basically between the two of you and had absolutely nothing to offer but the same old tired crap I've seen him dish for all the time I've been here. As far as I'm concerned, I am not involved in the subject thread except to hand back what has already been handed out. I have refrained and will continue to refrain from taking anybodies side re: the OP.

BTW - while I'm at it, I did post a very sincere apology to you on the other thread re: Starbucks handicapped parking. I hope you read it.

Retread,

I'm not interested in TX and I took zero offense at the handicapped thread. I understood and didn't take it personally.

What I am interested in is that Brigit/Lanie is continuing to lie about me and about what she did on this thread. I usually don't engage her because I know she is a serial liar and I just don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

But when I saw what she wrote to TX, I couldn't believe that she was taking the time to lie about me behind my back. I thought it deserved an answer.

I have my faults, Retread, but dishonesty is not one of them. Lying like Brigit does, without conscience and without concern, is beyond my understanding. Lying hurts people, Retread. It hurts communities.

And right now, it is hurting me. And I would like you to stop supporting it.

Brigit derailed this thread. The proof is there in every screen shot.

When she got called on it, she turned around and began to lie about me. I guess the best defense is a good offense, but her toxic lying has gotten to the point where it is causing serious problems.

If it were my board, I would put her on probation. But it's not my board. You have to make that decision. I would settle for you just telling her to knock it off and stop lying. That would be helpful.

E.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 09:31 PM
No, Lanie. I have shown that YOU took the thread off track. When people respond to you hijacking the thread, that is not taking it off track, when you have already done so.

Good Lord, woman! You wouldn't recognize the truth if it came wrapped in a bow carried by an angel.

You are utterly incapable--UTTERLY--of telling the truth.

You have no faith for this thread to be about. You lie so continuously that claiming any version of Christianity--or any ethical system--is completely impossible for you.

Picking fights does not require profanity. It only requires the willingness to attack in some way. THAT you have done time and time again. And THAT you did on this thread.

Let me make something clear since you're so sensitive.

Saying the country is going to hell for selling baby parts is not an insult against you.

Saying the country was going to hell long before gay marriage because of abortion is not an insult against you.

Saying you derailed a thread isn't really an insult. Many of us do it, and it's often unintentional. It happens.

My calling you a self-righteous bitch after so many pages is an insult against you.

And the thing you seem to forget about Christianity through all your self-righteous judgmentalness of me, homosexuals, and anybody else not like you is that you forget the grace factor. Yes, we should all be good Christians and not call each other names. We are going to mess up, and God knows we're human.

BTW, you made me go against my faith one day when you insisted I post the charities that I give to. I believe that God doesn't want us to brag about our contributions, but you were making me post it, and I wasn't okay with that.

In all honesty, you're a pharisee type of Christian to me. You're too busy judging people.

I am thinking of leaving this thread because it's leading me out to sin. Yes, I should be sweet when somebody picks a fight with me after two weeks or when some self-righteous and overly judgmental woman leans her obsession on me. I should be nice. I should be willing to take the slap in the face. I often can't. I only have two cheeks.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:32 PM
You're saying that I admit to using a comment to derail a thread. Not one of your quotes of mine says that I made those comments for that reason. I admitted to making those comments to joke around. People say the country is going to be ruined because of gay marriage. Well guess what? Too late.

You did admit to it. You admitted that your "hell in a handbasket" comment was not a joke, but sarcasm, and that it was directed at those of us you took issue with.

And you shouldn't engage me. You know why? I think you're a self-righteous bitch. I think just about every post you make about me or others is about judging people. You do have some informative posts, but your goal is to hurt others with your self-righteousness.

I will engage you when I wish and not engage you when I don't. The posts that I make about you DO judge you. I call out your lies and I call out your lack of Catholicism (which relates to your lying as well.) You're a serial liar, Brigit.

You really really don't want me to come all out with my fighting. Most people who have been here over the years know how nasty I can get. I don't mean a misunderstanding on my part that hurts somebody's feelings. I mean claws, punches, nastiness. Leave me alone. I mean it.

Empty threats, Brigit. If you want to get all up in my grill, go ahead. There's a Thunderdome. Let's you see what you've got--other than your non-stop ability to lie with impunity.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Retread,

I'm not interested in TX and I took zero offense at the handicapped thread. I understood and didn't take it personally.

What I am interested in is that Brigit/Lanie is continuing to lie about me and about what she did on this thread. I usually don't engage her because I know she is a serial liar and I just don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

But when I saw what she wrote to TX, I couldn't believe that she was taking the time to lie about me behind my back. I thought it deserved an answer.

I have my faults, Retread, but dishonesty is not one of them. Lying like Brigit does, without conscience and without concern, is beyond my understanding. Lying hurts people, Retread. It hurts communities.

And right now, it is hurting me. And I would like you to stop supporting it.

Brigit derailed this thread. The proof is there in every screen shot.

When she got called on it, she turned around and began to lie about me. I guess the best defense is a good offense, but her toxic lying has gotten to the point where it is causing serious problems.

If it were my board, I would put her on probation. But it's not my board. You have to make that decision. I would settle for you just telling her to knock it off and stop lying. That would be helpful.

E.

Elspeth, it's not a lie. I see you as the derailer of the thread, and you see me as the derailer.

I did say what I said about you behind your back knowing Tx was going to post it. He couldn't resist that, and I knew it.

Tx says a lot of stuff that isn't true about me. He's always saying I'm lying about voting Republican, being pro-life, etc. I won't say he's a liar. I think he believes the crap he's spewing, but it hurts just as much as my supposed "lie" hurts you.

And honestly, a lot of this wouldn't be happening if you weren't so serious. Saying this country is going to hell was a joke. Why couldn't you have taken it as such?

Lanie
08-05-2015, 09:40 PM
You did admit to it. You admitted that your "hell in a handbasket" comment was not a joke, but sarcasm, and that it was directed at those of us you took issue with.

I will engage you when I wish and not engage you when I don't. The posts that I make about you DO judge you. I call out your lies and I call out your lack of Catholicism (which relates to your lying as well.) You're a serial liar, Brigit.

Empty threats, Brigit. If you want to get all up in my grill, go ahead. There's a Thunderdome. Let's you see what you've got--other than your non-stop ability to lie with impunity.

First of all, if you're going to call me by my old handle, it's Bridget. Next, don't you know that judging is a sin?

The truth is if you and Tx had your way, I'd "admit" that I'm just a lying lib and hold no hope over myself to redeem. Why? I don't know about you, but Tx needs to believe that. As for you, I don't know why you feel the need for me to do that.

What I don't understand is why you can't let my heavenly father do his job. Why do you feel the need to do it? I'd never say you were going to hell despite what I've said to you tonight. Ditto for nearly anybody else on this board. Why? Because I don't judge you in the spiritual sense. I get mad, but I don't judge your faith. It's not my job.

Lanie
08-05-2015, 09:41 PM
I've said what I need to say. I need to spend time with my family. I'm leaving this thread for now. Might be permanent. There's no reason to repeat myself.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Let me make something clear since you're so sensitive.

Sensitivity is your schtik, Brigit, not mine. Whining that you've had a bad week so don't call you on your moral inconsistencies is the essence of sensitivity. Own it.

Saying the country is going to hell for selling baby parts is not an insult against you.

But that's not why you said it., Brigit, by your own admission:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/LAnie%2014_zpstxsodmrk.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/LAnie%2013_zps6mozeojd.jpg

"I'm using sarcasm about how rotten people can be here. All this stuff about gay marriage dooming us."

You admit freely here that the "going to hell" comment was NOT About Planned Parenthood, but about homosexual "marriage" and about how you felt people on this board regarded it.

Saying the country was going to hell long before gay marriage because of abortion is not an insult against you.

Ah, a new interpretation not appearing anywhere in any previous post. Rewriting history at this late date is a desperate move. I'll point you to the screen cap above and to your admission as to why you posted what you posted.

Saying you derailed a thread isn't really an insult. Many of us do it, and it's often unintentional. It happens.

It's a lie if you're accusing someone of something you yourself did. It's the lie that is the issue, or didn't your Catholic education, such as it was, cover the 8th commandment?

My calling you a self-righteous bitch after so many pages is an insult against you.

Agreed. But it's a hollow one coming from someone who has just gotten caught--with written proofs--in a lie.

And the thing you seem to forget about Christianity through all your self-righteous judgmentalness of me, homosexuals, and anybody else not like you is that you forget the grace factor. Yes, we should all be good Christians and not call each other names. We are going to mess up, and God knows we're human.

When you stop lying about everything, we can discuss religion and the concept of grace. But while you are constantly breaking the laws of Catholicism with every lie you tell, you are in no position to discuss it.

BTW, you made me go against my faith one day when you insisted I post the charities that I give to. I believe that God doesn't want us to brag about our contributions, but you were making me post it, and I wasn't okay with that.

God does want you to tell the truth. Of course, He can tell if you are or not, but I, a mere human, cannot. In your case, Brigit, I would require proof if you told me the sky was blue. When you are a serial liar, you can't ever be taken at face value.

In all honesty, you're a pharisee type of Christian to me. You're too busy judging people.

I am absolutely judging you. Your lies and the vicious things you say to people under the cover of being a victim make judgement and absolute necessity.

I am thinking of leaving this thread because it's leading me out to sin. Yes, I should be sweet when somebody picks a fight with me after two weeks or when some self-righteous and overly judgmental woman leans her obsession on me. I should be nice. I should be willing to take the slap in the face. I often can't. I only have two cheeks.

ROFL!!!

You have done nothing but sin on this thread since you got on! :biggrin-new:

You picked a fight and then lied and lied and lied to cover it up. You gave the 8th Commandment a regular beating.

Christianity isn't about being sweet, Brigit. It's about being honest and true, regardless of the price. It is about giving substantial help to one's neighbor. It's about following the commands God has given. It is NOT about having an engaging personality. That is a worldly value and one that hides a multitude of sins.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:51 PM
I've said what I need to say. I need to spend time with my family. I'm leaving this thread for now. Might be permanent. There's no reason to repeat myself.

In other words, you don't wish to face your own lies anymore.

I can understand that.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 09:54 PM
The truth is if you and Tx had your way, I'd "admit" that I'm just a lying lib and hold no hope over myself to redeem.

TX has nothing to do with this other than posting your IM to him where you lie about me. This entire interchange has been about correcting that lie.

What I don't understand is why you can't let my heavenly father do his job. Why do you feel the need to do it? I'd never say you were going to hell despite what I've said to you tonight. Ditto for nearly anybody else on this board. Why? Because I don't judge you in the spiritual sense. I get mad, but I don't judge your faith. It's not my job.

Your self-righteousness is hilarious in a thread where you've done nothing but lie.

Elspeth
08-05-2015, 10:03 PM
Elspeth, it's not a lie. I see you as the derailer of the thread, and you see me as the derailer.

How postmodern of you Lanie! There's no truth, just my opinion and your opinion. The text has no truth value.

I studied Critical Theory, Lanie, and if you haven't guessed by now, I consider it toxic trash.

There is a truth and it is in the screen caps.

The rest of us are talking about Planned Parenthood (Posts 1-3) and then you jump in with a sarcastic comment (post 4) which you admit (in post 6) is a way of attacking me (and others) about homosexuality. It's extremely clear, Lanie. No one mentions homosexuality--ie derails the thread--until you come on.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm239/spectral_music/LAnie%2013_zps6mozeojd.jpg

I did say what I said about you behind your back knowing Tx was going to post it. He couldn't resist that, and I knew it.

ROFL! :biggrin-new:

So we're going to add "psychic friend" to your list of skills? :biggrin-new:

As I said before, Bridget/Lanie, if you told me the sky was blue, I would still need outside proof. :smile-new:

Tx says a lot of stuff that isn't true about me. He's always saying I'm lying about voting Republican, being pro-life, etc. I won't say he's a liar. I think he believes the crap he's spewing, but it hurts just as much as my supposed "lie" hurts you.

If you know your lies are hurting people, why do you never stop lying? You lie continuously. You derailed the thread. YOU. There's textual proof and there's proof in the statement you actually make. I'm amazed at how much you can lie about something that really is a settled matter textually.

And honestly, a lot of this wouldn't be happening if you weren't so serious.

Blaming the victim? How Christian of you, Lanie. Can you see why I don't buy your fake Catholicism?

Saying this country is going to hell was a joke. Why couldn't you have taken it as such?

Not a joke. Your own words betray you.