PDA

View Full Version : No Mitt Vp!

mike128
06-14-2008, 02:02 AM
There currently exists a web site dedicated to discouraging John McCain from selecting Massachusetts Liberal Mitt Romney as his Vice Presidential running mate. I happen to agree with the site's premise, as Mitt Romey was staunchly pro-abortion and wanted to do more for gay rights than Teddy Kennedy when he was governor of Massachusetts. Romney decided to flip-flop on those and other social issues once his last election campaign for governor was over, and he decided to run for president.

I am perfectly willing to hold my nose and vote for McCain this November, provided that McCain picks a real conservative as his running mate. But if Mitt Romney, or some other liberal, becomes McCain's VP running mate, the stench will be so great that McCain will lose my vote.

The web site is called, "NOMITTVP.COM". Here's the link:

http://nomittvp.com

mike128
06-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Here's a direct link to the NO MITT newspaper ad. This says it better than I could ever say it! (Requires Adobe PDF Reader):

http://www.govnotgod.org/pdfs/NoMittPrescottAZ.pdf

Goldwater
06-14-2008, 05:58 AM
Romney VP would be hell, if you hadn't heard "third Bush term" enough already...

LibraryLady
06-14-2008, 08:02 AM
For once, I agree with you.

You sure seem to be a miserable guy. Is there anyone but wacky ron that suits you?

Goldwater
06-14-2008, 09:25 AM

You sure seem to be a miserable guy. Is there anyone but wacky ron that suits you?

Not in this day and age. :(

I'm just a mega pessimist, LL.

Elspeth
06-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Who would be a real conservative that would be acceptable?

Fred Thompson?

(If it keeps the guy off Law and Order, I'm all for him being Veep. :) )

lacarnut
06-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Newt is my choice as he has done more for the Repub. party while in Congress than any other politician.

lacarnut
06-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Newt is my choice as he has done more for the Repub. party while in Congress than any other politician. McCain will probably pick Mitt cause he needs someone younger and clean too:D.

mike128
06-15-2008, 04:13 AM

I NEVER supported Ron Paul! I originally supported Duncan Hunter, followed by Fred Thompson, and eventually, Mike Huckabee. But a McCain/Romney, or a McCain/Rice, or a McCain/Powell, or a McCain/Giuliani, or ANY other McCain/LIBERAL ticket, I will NEVER support!

mike128
06-15-2008, 04:25 AM
Who would be a real conservative that would be acceptable?

Fred Thompson?

(If it keeps the guy off Law and Order, I'm all for him being Veep. :) )
Fred Thompson would be an awesome VP pick. Problem is, the liberal media would portray that ticket as the 'grumpy old men' ticket, unfortunately. If a McCain-Thompson ticket could REALLY work, then I would be all for it.

mike128
06-15-2008, 04:33 AM
Newt is my choice as he has done more for the Repub. party while in Congress than any other politician.
I like Newt, as well. He has been a consistent social conservative. Problem is, he has too much baggage in his personal life which the liberals will fully exploit.

mike128
06-15-2008, 04:46 AM
Since Mike Huckabee seems to be out of the VP race, due to his yearlong contract with Fox News, my favorite selection for McCain's VP pick is now Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour.