PDA

View Full Version : Farmer's Market good eats

Phillygirl
10-24-2008, 11:04 PM
So I took a trip to the Farmer's Market tonight. It was a full on binge. I got the makings for smoked sausage and lentil soup; 2 different kinds of cinnamon/sticky buns; pumpkin fudge and peanut butter fudge; chocolate covered pretzels; cajun crab dip; cheddar horseradish dip; and vegetable dip.

Then I stopped at the liquor store and got an ice wine and some Yuengling lager.

This weekend will be a pig fest!! :)

megimoo
10-24-2008, 11:20 PM
So I took a trip to the Farmer's Market tonight. It was a full on binge. I got the makings for smoked sausage and lentil soup; 2 different kinds of cinnamon/sticky buns; pumpkin fudge and peanut butter fudge; chocolate covered pretzels; cajun crab dip; cheddar horseradish dip; and vegetable dip.

Then I stopped at the liquor store and got an ice wine and some Yuengling lager.

This weekend will be a pig fest!! :)Check the scales on Monday.I predict about few pounds of gain and a big dentist bill from all of the fudge !

Phillygirl
10-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Check the scales on Monday.I predict about few pounds of gain and a big dentist bill from all of the fudge !

Yeah, yeah, I know. Back on the diet on Monday. And everything that doesn't get eaten this weekend will be brought banished from the house Sunday night in some fashion or another.

megimoo
10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know. Back on the diet on Monday. And everything that doesn't get eaten this weekend will be brought banished from the house Sunday night in some fashion or another.I'm sorry the devil made me !

Cold Warrior
10-25-2008, 12:33 AM

This weekend will be a pig fest!! :)

I'm a bit vague on this, as I only lived in PA for 46 weeks (Berwyn) 20 years ago, but didn't you use to have to buy beer at the beer store?

Phillygirl
10-25-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm a bit vague on this, as I only lived in PA for 46 weeks (Berwyn) 20 years ago, but didn't you use to have to buy beer at the beer store?

Yes. But I was right at the border with Delaware, so we went to the "Total Wines" store there, where you can buy liquor, wine and beer. And you can buy just a six pack of beer. I almost never have beer in my house, but for the last couple of months I've had cravings here and there for a beer. The six pack will last me until next summer. :D

Bubba Dawg
10-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes. But I was right at the border with Delaware, so we went to the "Total Wines" store there, where you can buy liquor, wine and beer. And you can buy just a six pack of beer. I almost never have beer in my house, but for the last couple of months I've had cravings here and there for a beer. The six pack will last me until next summer. :D

It's Da Phillies Run For Da World Series. I predict you will eat this way until the last pitch of the last game. :p:D

Phillygirl
10-25-2008, 11:09 AM
It's Da Phillies Run For Da World Series. I predict you will eat this way until the last pitch of the last game. :p:D

Heh!!! Yeah, tonight there will be good eats for the game. :)

Good reminder though so I can put the beer in the fridge and have a cold one with the game. Go Phils!!

Bubba Dawg
10-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Heh!!! Yeah, tonight there will be good eats for the game. :)

Good reminder though so I can put the beer in the fridge and have a cold one with the game. Go Phils!!

Eat hearty my lady. The Phillies ain't in the World series that often so enjoy. Then walk it off on the AT. :D

Phillygirl
10-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Eat hearty my lady. The Phillies ain't in the World series that often so enjoy. Then walk it off on the AT. :D

The AT starts back up again next month...I can't wait!! But the first trip out is going to be killer, I haven't been on the trail since July! :eek:

Bubba Dawg
10-25-2008, 11:22 AM
The AT starts back up again next month...I can't wait!! But the first trip out is going to be killer, I haven't been on the trail since July! :eek:

Are you doing the entire state of Pennsylvania in section hikes? That's a cool thing to do. I don't know how people get the time to do a through hike.

This is a good organization with lots of interesting resources.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.jkLXJ8MQKtH/b.1423119/k.BEA0/Home.htm

Phillygirl
10-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Are you doing the entire state of Pennsylvania in section hikes? That's a cool thing to do. I don't know how people get the time to do a through hike.

This is a good organization with lots of interesting resources.

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.jkLXJ8MQKtH/b.1423119/k.BEA0/Home.htm

Yes. I started at the southern end at the border with Maryland and have been making my way north, section by section. All but about 2 sections so far I've done out and back, so by the time I'm done I will have done most of Pennsylvania twice.

Right now I'm at the Allentown area, which is just slightly over the 1/2 way mark. I may do more thru hiking now, as the base is a bit closer of a drive, so taking 2 cars won't be such a hassle.

It's been great fun. And the little towns are wonderful. We always manage to find a great little bar/restaurant for dinner afterwards.

Bubba Dawg
10-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes. I started at the southern end at the border with Maryland and have been making my way north, section by section. All but about 2 sections so far I've done out and back, so by the time I'm done I will have done most of Pennsylvania twice.

Right now I'm at the Allentown area, which is just slightly over the 1/2 way mark. I may do more thru hiking now, as the base is a bit closer of a drive, so taking 2 cars won't be such a hassle.

It's been great fun. And the little towns are wonderful. We always manage to find a great little bar/restaurant for dinner afterwards.

Sounds like fun. It does make it go faster if you do have a hiking partner and two cars. We've picked up and dropped off people who were thru hiking or doing long sections and it really helped them out plus it was fun. Sort of vicariously enjoying their adventure.