PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi: "Investigate group that uncovered PLANNED PARENTHOOD"!

Elspeth
07-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Yes, Nancy, let's ignore the illegal (not to mention to morally repugnant) behavior of Planned Parenthood. But let's investigate the good people who are doing the job you're supposed to be doing, assuring that our tax dollars are spent lawfully.

Pelosi Demands DOJ Investigate Group That Caught Planned Parenthood On Video Selling Baby Body Parts…

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/248946-pelosi-joins-call-for-doj-probe-into-group-targeting-planned-parenthood

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday joined calls for a federal investigation into the California-based anti-abortion group that sparked the Planned Parenthood hidden camera controversy.

“Let’s have an investigation of those people who were trying to ensnare Planned Parenthood in a controversy that doesn’t exist,” Pelosi said Thursday in her first public remarks about Planned Parenthood since the first undercover video surfaced last week.

A long-time abortion rights champion, Pelosi dismissed accusations that Planned Parenthood has raked in profits from its fetal tissue donation program.

“Planned Parenthood has said that they have done nothing illegal,” she said. “They do not ever charge, which would be illegal, for fetal tissue. They have only defrayed the cost of mailing that to someone, which is not breaking the law.”

She also criticized the selectively edited videos released by the Center for Medical Progress, pointing to the “disparities" between actual film and edited versions....

Elspeth
07-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Statement from CMP:

CMP Statement on Planned Parenthood’s Persecution of the Citizen Press and Suppression of Free Speech
http://www.centerformedicalprogress.org/author/david/

Planned Parenthood trying to use the power of their political cronies to shut down free speech, to silence the freedom of the press, to persecute David Daleiden, and to save their half-a-billion in taxpayer money and avoid accountability to the law and the American people. Planned Parenthood and their political allies know our investigation has revealed the truth about the gruesome and horrific practices of partial-birth abortions and selling baby parts taking place throughout their organization. They will attack me and my organization all day long, but that does not change the facts about what our investigation has uncovered and what the American people now know — that Planned Parenthood is engaged in an enterprise-wide operation that traffics and sells baby body parts.

SarasotaRepub
07-23-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm shocked!!!!! :rolleyes:

Elspeth
07-23-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm shocked!!!!! :rolleyes:

Should we take bets on what the DOJ will do?