PDA

View Full Version : US leading the way in fatherlessness

Elspeth
07-29-2015, 04:02 PM
US leading the way in fatherlessness
http://www.avoiceformen.com/men/us-leading-the-way-in-fatherlessness/

America leads the industrialized world in fatherlessness.

Right now, around 41 percent of children are born to single mothers.

For women under 30, who bear two-thirds of all children, that rate is 53 percent.

Many unmarried women are cohabiting with partners at the outset of their children’s births, but those couplings disintegrate at twice the rate of marriages.

In total, about one-third of all children are raised in father-absent homes.

By some estimates, this means more kids are growing up with televisions in their bedroom than with both of their biological parents.

Boys are especially affected by this trend. Without positive and consistent male role models, society misses out on much of their constructive potential.

It’s no coincidence 70 percent of male inmates did not grow up with both parents, for example.

Even for those with fathers, the average school-age boy spends just half an hour per week in one-on-one conversation with his father, according to David Walsh, founder of Mind Positive Parenting.

“That compares with 44 hours a week in front of a television, video game screen, [and] Internet screen,” he says. “I think that we are neglecting our boys tremendously. The result of that is our boys aren’t spending time with mentors, with elders, who can really show them the path, show them the way of how it is that we’re supposed to behave as healthy men.”

Across the board, children with intact families have more advantages than their fatherless peers.

A report published by The Center for Disease Control and Prevention says children of married biological parents or adoptive parents are healthier, have fewer definite or severe emotional or behavioral difficulties and are less likely to grow up in poverty.

They also have more friends.

When Gen-Y children were surveyed in elementary school, those who were living with their fathers scored better on 21 of 27 social competence measures.

They were also more likely to excel and go further in school, performing better on eight out of nine academic measures.

The gap between rich and poor will keep getting worse as fatherlessness rises among those of lower socioeconomic status.

Children who grow up without fathers are more likely to become single mothers or absent dads, use drugs, have low academic achievement and are less likely to believe in marriage or have successful marriages....

Dan D. Doty
07-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Moonsbats must be so proud.

Dori
07-30-2015, 02:18 PM
This is a national disaster. You can thank feminists for this too.

Elspeth
07-30-2015, 02:21 PM
This is a national disaster. You can thank feminists for this too.

And welfare.

Dori
07-30-2015, 02:41 PM
And welfare.

Oh yes, welfare too. But it was the feminists that told women they didn't need a man and that they could have it all. They could bring the bacon home and fry it up too.

Putting kids in day care before they grew their first tooth was so "today's woman". Remember Hillary's book, "It takes a Village"?

Well we have thousands of villages full of idiots and fatherless kids.

ralph wiggum
07-30-2015, 02:49 PM
There are just a lot of stupid people who inhabit this country anymore. It has hit me more in the past year. People just seem to lack common sense. Watch any of those Kimmel/Fallon videos. Locally, I have also noticed a general lack of common freaking sense. Cashiers seem more inept, others can't drive worth a damn.

Sorry for the quick rant. I'm not "that old" quite yet, but at times feel like I'm becoming a grumpy old man. But deep breaths & an occasional cocktail calms me down.[emoji1]