PDA

View Full Version : Flag Day Is Every Day For These O.C. Residents (CA)

megimoo
06-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Did you know They actually have Patriotic real Americans living in California after all just not in Berkeley calif ?

Flag Day is celebrated nationwide June 14, although it's not a federal holiday.

The day commemorates the adoption of the U.S. flag in 1777.

Since 1969, a U.S. flag has been flying high on a tall pole in front of the Mitchell family home in Brea. "It's been up there every day," says Jane Mitchell, 73. "Except for a week when a storm brought down the pole and we had to replace it." Flag Day is Saturday, but many Orange County residents choose to display their pride every day of the year by decorating their homes with a flag. Charles and Rosemary Kissel display up to 13 flags at a time at their Anaheim home. The couple has a collection of about 300 U.S.... Click on the video player to see what some O.C. residents have to say about the U.S. flag.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/flag-pole-day-2066655-mitchell#

DarkHalo
06-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I spent a lot of my youth in Orange County. Back then it was THE place to live. Now it is pretty much overrun with illegals. Much of southern OC is still pretty nice but even it is showing the strain from the mexican invasion. Frankly I would more expect it to be mexican flags flying than American. :mad:

linda22003
06-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Flag Day is also known as Linda Numbers' birthday. :D