PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Ben Carson Goes To Harlem

Dori
08-12-2015, 10:30 PM
This is great. Watch Dr. Carson's press conference in Harlem

He thinks Black lives to matter, but it's not what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3gGOMOKLJs

RobJohnson
08-13-2015, 03:39 AM
God Bless Dr. Carson. He's a great man.

noonwitch
08-13-2015, 09:21 AM
I wonder when he will come home to visit Detroit?

We had Trump in Birch Run (I guess there's a town there, not just outlet shopping and I-75 exit restaurants) the other night and Rubio is coming to the Detroit Economic Club at some point in the next week.

Inbetweener
08-13-2015, 09:53 AM
It's sort for me to not to agree with him on this issue.

I'm really curious on how far he gets.

Dori
08-13-2015, 11:48 AM
I wonder when he will come home to visit Detroit?

We had Trump in Birch Run (I guess there's a town there, not just outlet shopping and I-75 exit restaurants) the other night and Rubio is coming to the Detroit Economic Club at some point in the next week.

He made his announcement in Detroit. I'm sure he'll be back.

He and his wife have a scholarship program and they have also put in a lot of "Carson Reading Rooms" in the inner cities.

http://carsonscholars.org/about/our-impact

NJCardFan
08-13-2015, 12:09 PM

What did he say that was wrong? Do you think after decades of Democrat control blacks are better or worse off than they were in the 50's?

NJCardFan
08-14-2015, 09:17 AM

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. What did Carson say that you would disagree with?

Inbetweener
08-15-2015, 02:33 AM
I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. What did Carson say that you would disagree with?

I hadn't seen your message so please don't think that I was ignoring you or trying to run. In my original post, I had neglected to add a word, which would have read, "It's sort of hard for me not to agree with him on this." That was what I had intended to write, but it is difficult for me since I've been against some of his claims he has made such as Obamacare being the worst thing since slavery and comparing the President to a psychopath. I don't understand why we have to personally attack someone and the comment really just felt bizarre to me, like he was going out of his way to insult someone when they didn't need to be that way.

Dori
08-15-2015, 12:49 PM
I hadn't seen your message so please don't think that I was ignoring you or trying to run. In my original post, I had neglected to add a word, which would have read, "It's sort of hard for me not to agree with him on this." That was what I had intended to write, but it is difficult for me since I've been against some of his claims he has made such as Obamacare being the worst thing since slavery and comparing the President to a psychopath. I don't understand why we have to personally attack someone and the comment really just felt bizarre to me, like he was going out of his way to insult someone when they didn't need to be that way.

Your new to the hyperbole of partisan politics. I think a lot of this started with the eight years of listening to the left, including Obama, attack Republicans as the most evil of evils.

I'm not sure if Dr. Carson ever explained his reasons for equating slavery to Obamacare. Carson is a doctor, so maybe it was in the context of what he saw it doing to the medical profession. One thing to remember in politics, is to develop a tough skin, as it's not for the weak of heart. As to Obama being a psychopath, well that's up for discussion. I've heard a lot of people say he's delusional. He's in that DC bubble, and seems to be oblivious to what's going on around him.

Inbetweener
08-15-2015, 02:31 PM
Your new to the hyperbole of partisan politics. I think a lot of this started with the eight years of listening to the left, including Obama, attack Republicans as the most evil of evils.

I'm not sure if Dr. Carson ever explained his reasons for equating slavery to Obamacare. Carson is a doctor, so maybe it was in the context of what he saw it doing to the medical profession. One thing to remember in politics, is to develop a tough skin, as it's not for the weak of heart. As to Obama being a psychopath, well that's up for discussion. I've heard a lot of people say he's delusional. He's in that DC bubble, and seems to be oblivious to what's going on around him.

That I am, but there is way to conduct yourself when dealing with other people. Insinuating something is one thing, but outright saying it is even worse because now it's not up for interpretation. You're outright telling someone something.

If Carson is elected President, he'll have to deal with Democrats that he most likely will not be friends with or feel any good way about. That being said, will he resort to repeating what he had said about his immediate predecessor? That the Democrats in Washington are all psychopaths for being out of touch and in a bubble? There are things I didn't know earlier that I've learned now and you could probably argue that I was out of touch as well, but does that make me a psychopath too?

As much as I'm not feeling him right now, Christie said during an interview on Fox this week that he was going to court the members of the senate and others in congress to get bills passed and make compromises so things could get done. Carson here seems to be against anyone that doesn't believe in what he believes in by uttering what he did of the President.

Dori
08-15-2015, 05:11 PM
That I am, but there is way to conduct yourself when dealing with other people. Insinuating something is one thing, but outright saying it is even worse because now it's not up for interpretation. You're outright telling someone something.

If Carson is elected President, he'll have to deal with Democrats that he most likely will not be friends with or feel any good way about. That being said, will he resort to repeating what he had said about his immediate predecessor? That the Democrats in Washington are all psychopaths for being out of touch and in a bubble? There are things I didn't know earlier that I've learned now and you could probably argue that I was out of touch as well, but does that make me a psychopath too?

As much as I'm not feeling him right now, Christie said during an interview on Fox this week that he was going to court the members of the senate and others in congress to get bills passed and make compromises so things could get done. Carson here seems to be against anyone that doesn't believe in what he believes in by uttering what he did of the President.

There isn't anyone on the Republican ticket that's more condescending that Christie. Yes presidents have to work with both sides. They are the president of everybody, not just one party. Obama does not work with both sides. It's his way or no way. He will not compromise with the right. That's why he signs all these "work around congress" signing orders. He basically makes law, which is against the constitution.

As to Carson working with both sides, I think he would. He doesn't appear to be an obstinate man. I'm sure Carson has had to deal with politics in medicine. Especially in a hospital setting which has it's own bureaucracy. You don't usually get too far in life making enemies or burning your bridges.

This is one of Carson's explanations; “Well, first of all, recognize what I said, worst thing since slavery, didn`t say that it was slavery. … And I said 'in a way.' In a way, anything is slavery that robs you of your ability to control your own life.”

“And when you take the most important thing that you have, which is your health care, and you put that in the hands of government bureaucrats, I think you have done the wrong thing,” said Carson.

“And as I was about to say," he continued, "you go back and you look at the neo-Marxist literature and look at what they say -- you don`t have to listen to what I say -- about taking control of health care of the populace and making the people dependent. This is not what America is about.”

“Do I believe in health care for everybody? Absolutely,” Carson said. “But I think there are much better ways to get there which leave the care in the hands of patients and of doctors.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/dr-ben-carson-slavery-obamacare-robs-you-your-ability-control-your

Inbetweener
08-15-2015, 07:49 PM
There isn't anyone on the Republican ticket that's more condescending that Christie. Yes presidents have to work with both sides. They are the president of everybody, not just one party. Obama does not work with both sides. It's his way or no way. He will not compromise with the right. That's why he signs all these "work around congress" signing orders. He basically makes law, which is against the constitution.

As to Carson working with both sides, I think he would. He doesn't appear to be an obstinate man. I'm sure Carson has had to deal with politics in medicine. Especially in a hospital setting which has it's own bureaucracy. You don't usually get too far in life making enemies or burning your bridges.

This is one of Carson's explanations; “Well, first of all, recognize what I said, worst thing since slavery, didn`t say that it was slavery. … And I said 'in a way.' In a way, anything is slavery that robs you of your ability to control your own life.”

“And when you take the most important thing that you have, which is your health care, and you put that in the hands of government bureaucrats, I think you have done the wrong thing,” said Carson.

“And as I was about to say," he continued, "you go back and you look at the neo-Marxist literature and look at what they say -- you don`t have to listen to what I say -- about taking control of health care of the populace and making the people dependent. This is not what America is about.”

“Do I believe in health care for everybody? Absolutely,” Carson said. “But I think there are much better ways to get there which leave the care in the hands of patients and of doctors.”
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/dr-ben-carson-slavery-obamacare-robs-you-your-ability-control-your

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Obama on doing anything that you find unconstitutional, but what I am saying is that I don't see him trying to slander somebody. We talk about our beliefs in policies and why his are bad. Fair enough, but I haven't seen anybody on the forum claim he was mentally ill or had some deficiency in his mind.

I understand Carson's point of view on Obamacare and where you're coming from as well, but I think it was a bad call to say what he did about the president. Why would you want to be the successor of a psychopath?