PDA

View Full Version : She's a Maverick Alright...

Eyelids
10-26-2008, 01:21 PM
Palin's 'going rogue,' McCain aide says
From Dana Bash, Peter Hamby and John King
CNN

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (CNN) -- With 10 days until Election Day, long-brewing tensions between GOP vice presidential candidate Gov. Sarah Palin and key aides to Sen. John McCain have become so intense, they are spilling out in public, sources say.

Several McCain advisers have suggested to CNN that they have become increasingly frustrated with what one aide described as Palin "going rogue."

A Palin associate, however, said the candidate is simply trying to "bust free" of what she believes was a damaging and mismanaged roll-out.

McCain sources say Palin has gone off-message several times, and they privately wonder whether the incidents were deliberate. They cited an instance in which she labeled robocalls -- recorded messages often used to attack a candidate's opponent -- "irritating" even as the campaign defended their use. Also, they pointed to her telling reporters she disagreed with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan. VideoWatch why the campaign is fighting

A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/25/palin.tension/

Ree
10-26-2008, 02:20 PM
it's about time....Some of us are old enough to remember what can happen to a VP when the "handlers" take over...

BadCat
10-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Good for her.
About time somebody started calling a spade a spade in this election.

Bubba Dawg
10-26-2008, 03:08 PM
The 'handlers' are the ones who are losing this election.

Something needs to be done to shake up this campaign.

LogansPapa
10-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Something needs to be done to shake up this campaign.

It sure does - with less than 240 hours before it runs out. :rolleyes:

Cold Warrior
10-26-2008, 03:48 PM

Don't worry! The shocking expose of Biden's drunken daughter and her encounter with police in Newark is going to come out in 24 more business hours. Just ask Sonna and LL.

JB
10-26-2008, 03:48 PM
with less than 240 hours before it runs out.It will be nice when the election is finally over.

The Election 2008 forum will be shut down. Since the majority of eyeFire's posts are in this forum, while he adds nothing to the rest of CU, I imagine he'll just fade away.

You on the other hand need to hang around because I need a Cowboys punching bag.

Cold Warrior
10-26-2008, 03:49 PM
It will be nice when the election is finally over.

The Election 2008 forum will be shut down. Since the majority of eyeFire's posts are in this forum, while he adds nothing to the rest of CU, I imagine he'll just fade away.

You on the other hand need to hang around because I need a Cowboys punching bag.

The Gunners won today, while Chelski lost and ManU drew. Is there a baseball game today? :D

Shannon
10-26-2008, 03:52 PM

Shut up. Don't encourage him.

JB
10-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Shut up. Don't encourage him.He's just the crazy older guy that lives down the street.

Hi Mr. LP, how's it going? Oh, you kept the kids ball again that went into your yard, good for you.

Yeah, I know. The loud radios bother me too. Okay, gotta run. No, I didn't see anyone suspicious walking around last night. Yes, the government are a bunch of bastards. Bye now.

eyeFire is the guy that screams "Freebird" at every concert you've ever been to. Even Job would twist that freaking guys head off.

Speedy
10-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Well, the McCain campaign has sensed a big shift in Michigan and are headed back there. Is that a big enough shake up for you?

Eyelids
10-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Well, the McCain campaign has sensed a big shift in Michigan and are headed back there. Is that a big enough shake up for you?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/mi/michigan_mccain_vs_obama-553.html

There has been a big shift there, Obama's up by 15-20% now as opposed to the 5-% a few weeks ago when the McCain campaign left. Big shift occured in Michigan where almost every undecided voter possible gave up on McCain.

Goldwater
10-26-2008, 04:38 PM
eyeFire is the guy that screams "Freebird" at every concert you've ever been to. Even Job would twist that freaking guys head off.

I hate that guy!

Eyelids
10-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I have never willingly listened to Lynyrd Skynyrd. That's how awesome I am.

Speedy
10-26-2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/mi/michigan_mccain_vs_obama-553.html

There has been a big shift there, Obama's up by 15-20% now as opposed to the 5-% a few weeks ago when the McCain campaign left. Big shift occured in Michigan where almost every undecided voter possible gave up on McCain.

McCain's internals must be showing something else. As cash strapped as he is, he is going back for something.

InspiredHome
10-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I have never willingly listened to Lynyrd Skynyrd. That's how awesome I am.

Blasphemy!

JB
10-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I hate that guy!We all do, Goldwater. We all do.

Eyelids
10-26-2008, 04:46 PM
McCain's internals must be showing something else. As cash strapped as he is, he is going back for something.

Do you have a link to prove he's going back? (Note: cant be a blog)

McCain should be focusing on Virginia more than anywhere else. Oh well.

Cold Warrior
10-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Do you have a link to prove he's going back? (Note: cant be a blog)

McCain should be focusing on Virginia more than anywhere else. Oh well.

One hopes he's not going back to Michigan (although I understand Palin objected to pulling out there). Since he's almost certain to lose some (or all) of CO, NM, and NV, all of which Bush won, he's got to hold VA, OH, and FL and take a big one (PA is really the only candidate).

Of course, he could sweep NJ, that bastion of covert Republicans! :rolleyes: :D

InspiredHome
10-26-2008, 06:21 PM
One hopes he's not going back to Michigan (although I understand Palin objected to pulling out there). Since he's almost certain to lose some (or all) of CO, NM, and NV, all of which Bush won, he's got to hold VA, OH, and FL and take a big one (PA is really the only candidate).

Of course, he could sweep NJ, that bastion of covert Republicans! :rolleyes: :D

The only absolute certainty of Obama winning here in Colorado is in the People's Republic of Boulder (or maybe even Denver). The rest is pretty Republican friendly.

AmPat
10-26-2008, 08:14 PM
What? Palin's a Maverick? What a shock! Of course we could all just succumb to the calling of the collective like:

"I watched a show about human behavior on the discovery channel. It was about human need for acceptance of other in groups. The test consisted of 10 college age students (only 1 was not aware of what the test was really about), and an instructor. The instructor would hold up cards with pictures on them. He went around the room asking all of the students, such as, which color bar is the longest. (He let the unknowing student answer last). Every student that was involved with the test purposely answered wrong. By the time they got to the study student, he had a baffled look on his face, hesitated, but then answered the same way the other students answered knowing it was the wrong answer! The test was done many times, and 90% of the test students did the same, and answered wrong, just to go along with the others in the room. The scientist said that it is a human need to feel accepted by a group. That need is stronger than announcing right from wrong, or even reacting the correct way. This to me explains why Obama is concentrating on college students. He knows if he can get a small group to support him, natural peer pressure will take over, and eventually He will have an average of 90% of all college students voting for him. So please don't take offense when you college age kids are called SHEEP! In this world, there are Leaders, and Followers. What are you? A Leader? Or a Follower? "

(Source Fox News)

LogansPapa
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM

:mad: Yeah? Well you know what I have to say about that? Um..........................:cool:

LogansPapa
10-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Some of the highest unemployment and highest urban crime in the nation: What miracle is John going to pull out of his empty bag of tricks for the people there? A half-hour spot on TV? Oh, sorry.:o

Shannon
10-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Some of the highest unemployment and highest urban crime in the nation: What miracle is John going to pull out of his empty bag of tricks for the people there? A half-hour spot on TV? Oh, sorry.:o

I know, right? Obama will absolutely make it so that everyone (who wants to be) is employed and guarantee that there will never be crime again. All hail the new Messiah.

Zathras
10-27-2008, 02:14 AM
I have never willingly listened to Lynyrd Skynyrd. That's how lacking in musical taste I am.

Fixed....:)

cat714
10-27-2008, 02:58 AM
I think it's refreshing for a candidate to be themselves and speak freely. Who the hell wants to be programed. Some people don't do well when they are scripted...it goes against their personal honor code. I think Palin is the type of person that speaks from the heart and that she is genuine about her role in politics. I feel this way about McCain.

Eyelids is probably a closet republican and will vote McCain...LOL!

Eyelids
10-27-2008, 08:32 AM
What? Palin's a Maverick? What a shock! Of course we could all just succumb to the calling of the collective like:

"I watched a show about human behavior on the discovery channel. It was about human need for acceptance of other in groups. The test consisted of 10 college age students (only 1 was not aware of what the test was really about), and an instructor. The instructor would hold up cards with pictures on them. He went around the room asking all of the students, such as, which color bar is the longest. (He let the unknowing student answer last). Every student that was involved with the test purposely answered wrong. By the time they got to the study student, he had a baffled look on his face, hesitated, but then answered the same way the other students answered knowing it was the wrong answer! The test was done many times, and 90% of the test students did the same, and answered wrong, just to go along with the others in the room. The scientist said that it is a human need to feel accepted by a group. That need is stronger than announcing right from wrong, or even reacting the correct way. This to me explains why Obama is concentrating on college students. He knows if he can get a small group to support him, natural peer pressure will take over, and eventually He will have an average of 90% of all college students voting for him. So please don't take offense when you college age kids are called SHEEP! In this world, there are Leaders, and Followers. What are you? A Leader? Or a Follower? "

(Source Fox News)

Maaavverrickkk...

I can poke so many holes in this little "test" that was supposedly run, and I would guarantee you the results would be the same in the workforce and military.

jinxmchue
10-27-2008, 10:57 AM

So obviously you think presidential campaigns continue after Election Day if the candidate wins (since you are expecting your Obamessiah to win and didn't say his campaign runs out in less than 240 hours).