PDA

View Full Version : Stunning results in early voting in California. Smile redstaters

megimoo
10-26-2008, 01:43 PM
In the most liberal state in the entire country So with nearly 210,000 people having voted,the Democrats have only a 1,000 vote advantage !"

so far are that 9,000 Democrats sent in their ballots and that 5,000 Republicans did so.And the Democrats have only a 1,000 vote advantage !"

" In the most liberal state in the entire country,the results are that 99,000 Republicans have voted and 96,000 Democrats voted. In the mail-in balloting the results so far are that 9,000 Democrats sent in their ballots and that 5,000 Republicans did so.

California has begun early voting already as well as mail-in balloting. The number of people who have gone in to vote in person has been extensive. The results so far prove what we had always suspected. The polls are being proven as totally unreliable. Although the results of early balloting have not been disclosed,of course,how many Republicans and how many Democrats have voted has been revealed.

The results are simply shocking. The polls showed Barack Obama with an 18 point lead in California just a few days ago. The results thus far are the complete opposite. In the most liberal state in the entire country,the results are that 99,000 Republicans have voted and 96,000 Democrats voted. In the mail-in balloting the results so far are that 9,000 Democrats sent in their ballots and that 5,000 Republicans did so. So with nearly 210,000 people having voted,the Democrats have only a 1,000 vote advantage !

If we take the liberty of assuming that all Republicans will vote for John McCain and all Democrats will vote for Obama,then the race is incredibly close. I'm sure that Obama will eventually win in California,but if he is struggling here after he pushed so hard for early voting,then he will lose the election ! Everybody thought he would win California in a landslide,but so far anyway,it's very tight. That means that in the less liberal states he is in real trouble.

Ignore the pundits. Forget the polls. Get out there and vote for John McCain. The results in California show the wisdom of Yogi Berra who said, "It's not over until it's over."

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redalert/2008/oct/26/stunning-results-in-early-voting-in-californi/

linda22003
10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
I didn't know early voting results were announced early. Are there any news sources other than blog posts which confirm this? Seriously, I thought all results were announced after the election.

Scarlet
10-26-2008, 03:23 PM
They dont start counting the votes till Nov. 4th. That is what I have always belived. I would be pretty pissed of if they counted and anowced results. They keep announcing what party the voters are registered with. Why do they see the need? I knoe my husbands parent voted early for vacation reasons, Reg. dems. Voted McCain. Grandma voted B.O. Wont make a difference in Ca.
________
Ass tits (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/168/tits/videos/1)

xavierob82
10-26-2008, 07:11 PM
A couple of things here:

1. I do not believe California announces their early voting ballots by political party, unlike other states like CO, NM, NV, and Florida. So the link is bogus.

2. Even if this were the case, the vast majority of early voters in the US are conservative--in 2000 and 2004, for example, early voting in Florida was in the neighborhood of 80% Republican, since most early voters are older voters, military absentee voters, physically incapacitated, or people who generally don't like crowds and standing in line, which are all demographic groups that traditionally vote Republican. So the fact that Democrats and Republican are roughly even in early voting this year, is a VERY BAD SIGN for John McSame. It suggests he is about to get pwned on election night.

For complete statistics on early voting for the 2008 Presidential Election, broken down by states and political party, go here:

http://elections.gmu.edu/early_vote_2008.html

megimoo
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Gallup

pwest October 26th, 2008 at 2:11 p.m. CDT (link)

reported that early voting is about 50/50 and this seems to prove it. If early voting is any indidcation, then this election is all about Turn out!

So Turn out, Turn out, Turn out!

And for the love of Pete, stop reading and listnening to these stupid polls. The only thing you need to know about the polls is that Sen. Obama is making a 30 min appeal this week;

that means his staff believes he still needs to close the deal. He may yet if we don't turn out, turn out, turn out![/SIZE]

megimoo
10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Comments :California Early voting

redalert October 26th, 2008 at 5:26 p.m. CDT (link)

Your argument normally would be valid. Republicans normally do vote more by absentee ballots,but the numbers cited are people actually going to vote in person. 210,000 have done so thus far.The reason it is important is that Obama has been pushing VERY hard for his supporters to vote early. Huge numbers of black voters have voted thus far as a result. Another point you fail to remember is that this is California. This is a state that is overwhelmingly Democratic. The two U.S. Senators are Democrats.A vast majority of members of the House of Representatives are Democrats. The mayors of San Francisco,Los Angeles,San Jose and many other cities in the state are Democrats. The fact that it is 50-50 is actually terrible news for Obama since he has made a point of pushing for early voting. In California,he should be running away with the number of Democrats voting thus far. Face it,it's the Bradley effect all over again. People lied to the pollsters. I have no doubt that Obama will win in California,but if the number is only a few percentage points,he is dead in the rest of the country. One reason it is so close is that lots of people will come out to vote against the legalization of gay marriage. Those voters will in all probability vote for McCain.
Thank you

Arturo October 26th, 2008 at 6:50 p.m. CDT (link)

Thank you for reasonably responding to me and not resorting to name calling. I understand the tense political climate, and the corresponding hair-triggers.

I considered myself a Democrat until I moved to Maryland about three months ago and now consider myself unaffiliated. Sen. McCain is who I am voting for. I may not agree with him on everything, but based on his long record and his service to this country I know that he would do a good job.

Sen. Obama has run a masterful campaign and he may win, but I cannot in good conscience vote for the most inexperienced, unknown candidate in American history for the highest office in the land. I do not get a 'sense' of what he would be like in office seeing as he has no record to show. I do get a sense of what McCain would be like in office, and this is why I'm voting for him.

Again, thank you for not resorting to name calling. Kind of rare these days.
You are welcome. And thanks so much for

janis October 26th, 2008 at 6:57 p.m. CDT (link)

recognizing Obama's lack of credentials and experience and therefore choosing to vote for John McCain. It is a signal achievement on Obama/Pelosi/Reid's part this year that, in a year custom made for Dems to win, they have managed to totally bollix it up. First by their own incompetence in running things for the past two years, and then in indulging in identity politics by giving the nod to someone as inexperienced as Obama with a murky past that no one will speak out about.

But, hey, he's part black and that's what counts for them to the exclusion of common sense or common decency.
Keep telling yourself that Arturo.

Tim_Schieferecke October 26th, 2008 at 6:34 p.m. CDT (link)

The narrative this year is how much more motivated the Ds are than the Rs. If this is true, how in the h e double toothpicks are the number of early voters even within 10 points of each other in Cali? Obama is going to lose this election. Watch for the polls to tighten and go McCain before this is all over with. Obama is the Tower of Babel and he's built on sand instead of bedrock.

What happened to the lead?

redalert October 26th, 2008 at 7:11 p.m. CDT (link)

What he means is that in ALL the polls in California Obama had a huge lead. Most of the polls had him leading by more than 15 points. I saw one poll where Obama was leading 56 to 34. That's a 22 point margin that should mean a landslide in California. However,now that people have actually voted we are not seeing that. Obama has frightened a lot of black voters into believing that on election day there will be a plot to discard their votes. So he has been pushing them to vote early. Where are they? Why is it 50-50 right now? Obama has also registered a lot of new voters. Where are they? Did you see what I wrote earlier to another person? More Republicans than Democrats have also voted in Florida. By a large margin. That's usually true in early voting as you said earlier,but with Obama stressing voting as soon as possible,it's a bad sign that they are not listening to him.
http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redalert/2008/oct/26/stunning-results-in-early-voting-in-californi/

cat714
10-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't rely on polls, pundits, blogs, etc for any election, especially this one. California hasn't been red since Reagan and Obama should win this state. HOWEVER, being native to this state, I will tell you that many people on all political sides are sick and tired of paying high taxes. We pay some of the highest taxes in the country and it's friggin expensive to live here. If we aren't being taxed for something, we pay a surcharge for it. We are tired of picking up the tab for illegal aliens which costs us 11 billion per year. We are tired of all the wasteful spending. While it's a long shot, McCain just might win the "Toilet State" (used to be known as The Golden State).

megimoo
10-26-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't rely on polls, pundits, blogs, etc for any election, especially this one. California hasn't been red since Reagan and Obama should win this state. HOWEVER, being native to this state, I will tell you that many people on all political sides are sick and tired of paying high taxes. We pay some of the highest taxes in the country and it's friggin expensive to live here. If we aren't being taxed for something, we pay a surcharge for it. We are tired of picking up the tab for illegal aliens which costs us 11 billion per year. We are tired of all the wasteful spending. While it's a long shot, McCain just might win the "Toilet State" (used to be known as The Golden State).I was led to believe that the state bird was changed and was going to be the Gobbler Turkey at least in the Bay Area !The land of the Gay/Progressive/Maoist .

Odysseus
10-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I don't rely on polls, pundits, blogs, etc for any election, especially this one. California hasn't been red since Reagan and Obama should win this state. HOWEVER, being native to this state, I will tell you that many people on all political sides are sick and tired of paying high taxes. We pay some of the highest taxes in the country and it's friggin expensive to live here. If we aren't being taxed for something, we pay a surcharge for it. We are tired of picking up the tab for illegal aliens which costs us 11 billion per year. We are tired of all the wasteful spending. While it's a long shot, McCain just might win the "Toilet State" (used to be known as The Golden State).
I lived there for eight years, and was more than happy to leave.It's as if the government there considers people who work for a living a nuisance.

The tax bite was apalling, but what really drove me nuts was how expensive it was to live there. Housing was becoming prohibitively expensive and the quality of life in Los Angeles was wretched. The obvious solution to the traffic congestion was more mass transit and additional freeway capacity, but the anti-growth idiots made that impossible. The bureaucratic obstacles to building more housing were also enfuriating, and yet LA has a massive homeless problem that they won't address except through the kinds of giveaways that make it an attractive place to be a vagrant. Santa Monica had daily food distribution which attracted huge numbers of them, who then hung around and the surrounding community miserable, and yet every time someone tried to do something about it that didn't involve more handouts, they were attacked and fined. Businesses weren't allowed to deny them service, which drove out customers who did regularly bathe. I really tried to like it there, but it just wasn't possible.

I was led to believe that the state bird was changed and was going to be the Gobbler Turkey at least in the Bay Area !The land of the Gay/Progressive/Maoist .
I'm not going to speculate on what gay progressive Maoists gobble. :eek:

Molon Labe
10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
I didn't know early voting results were announced early. Are there any news sources other than blog posts which confirm this? Seriously, I thought all results were announced after the election.

Yeah...they don't count them this early

Megimoo...where do you get this malarky?

I hope you're right. but I wouldn't hold my breath.

LogansPapa
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM

Are you questioning "Megi-math ($425,000 for every American tax-payer) -little girl gets her head cut off by Mexicans?" COME ON!

megimoo
10-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah...they don't count them this early

I hope you're right. but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Early Voting Update: Democratic Voters Get the Edge

Almost 11 million voters already have cast ballots in the 2008 elections, and Democrats seem to have cast the majority of them, according to incomplete information compiled by George Mason University Professor Michael McDonald.

McDonaldís Web site, which he says he will update continuously between now and Election Day, reports that 2.1 million Florida voters have cast early ballots, with registered Democrats casting 45% of them, Republicans casting 40% and independents casting 15%.

Likewise, registered Democrats account for 55% of the 97,000 ballots already cast in New Mexico; 55% of 1.2 million ballots cast in North Carolina and 50.1% of 300,000 cast in Iowa. Registered Republicans cast less than one-third of the ballots in those three states.

In Nevada, registered Democrats accounted for 55% of 211,000 votes already cast in Clark County and 52% of 51,000 cast in Washoe County, the stateís two large population centers.

In Colorado, registered Democrats account for 39% of the early votes, Republicans account for 38% and independents for 23%.

In California, voters in 51 of the stateís 58 counties have cast almost 2 million votes, but those arenít reported by party registration. Some 1.1 million Texans also have cast early ballots, but again, those ballots arenít reported by party registration.

Many states donít register voters by party, which means there also is no way to calculate turnout by party. Many states also donít offer early voting, leaving big gaps in McDonaldís data. State Web sites supply much of his data, but in California, a helpful voting official is doing the tabulating for him, McDonald says.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/10/27/early-voting-update-democratic-voters-get-the-edge/?mod=googlenews_wsj

megimoo
10-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Any chance California goes from blue to red?*
The polls have shown California to be Obama country for months. And the pundits are still predicting a sea of blue. But there has been a lot of chatter on the political blogs about an interesting finding on early voting in the state.

According to RedState.com, 104,000 Republicans have voted early or by mail-in ballot, compared with 105,000 Democrats.

The polls showed Barack Obama with an 18-point lead in California just a few days ago. The results thus far are the complete opposite. ... With nearly 210,000 people having voted, the Democrats have only a 1,000 vote advantage! If we take the liberty of assuming that all Republicans will vote for John McCain and all Democrats will vote for Obama, then the race is incredibly close.

At the Atlantic, Marc Ambinger offers this analysis: "Early voting is very popular in California, and Republicans tend to vote at higher rates than Democrats. More conservative areas of the state tend to vote early; Los Angeles County traditionally has the lowest early-voting rate. Don't know if the above statistics are correct, but if they are, they're not usual for that state... More importantly though, if Republicans believe that the party breakdown of who is voting early is indicative, then what do they think about what is going on in Nevada, Iowa, New Mexico, Ohio, Indiana, and North Carolina? Verdict: Nothingburger."

*Updated: The Real Clear Politics average of California polls shows Obama with a huge lead: 58.7% compared to 34% for McCain. The Rasmussen spread is even larger.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2008/10/any-chance-cali.html