PDA

View Full Version : OC Register: O.C. suspicions over Obama's citizenship continue

cat714
10-27-2008, 02:35 AM
:eek: OMG, the Orange County Register (aka: OC Times) is a lefty newspaper like the LA Times and I can't believe they have picked up the story. I'm sure they won't get any interviews with Obama.

Friday, October 24, 2008
O.C. suspicions over Obama's citizenship continue
Allegations about the Democrats' birth certificate haven't gone away despite the widespread acceptance in both parties that his documents are valid.
By MARTIN WISCKOL
The Orange County Register
Comments 133| Recommend 9

Even some supporters ofJohn McCain are dismayed with fellow Orange County Republicans who think Barack Obama was born outside of the U.S. and does not meet the requirements to be president.

An OC Political Pulse poll found that a third of responding Republicans thought Obama was born outside of the 50 United States. One GOP participant then wrote me to say she suspected those results were caused by non-Republicans gaming the poll, presumably to make Republicans look kooky.

But online reaction to a Total Buzz blog item on the poll and e-mail from participants I know make it clear that there are people who are genuinely suspicious of Obama's citizenship. Additionally, the partisan tallies of the Pulse poll come from registered members of the poll.

Full Story (http://www.ocregister.com/articles/obama-born-poll-2205923-republicans-pulse)

IonaTrailer
10-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Regarding the speculation about Obama's citizenship:

1) He was born at Kapiolani Hospital in 1964 in Honolulu. Hawaii became a state in 1951, before that it was a territory of the US.

2) Obama's mother was a United States citizen. That grants him US citizenship, even if he were born outside the US and his father was not a citizen. Regardless of his mother's age.

3) Is anyone so paranoid and delusional to imagine that the Democratic Party would take a chance and risk this election if Obama were not a citizen of the United States of America? Seriously.

linda22003
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM

1) He was born at Kapiolani Hospital in 1964 in Honolulu. Hawaii became a state in 1951, before that it was a territory of the US.

How odd. Obama thinks he was born in 1961, and I think Hawaii became a state in 1959.

Rebel Yell
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM

3) Is anyone so paranoid and delusional to imagine that the Democratic Party would take a chance and risk this election if Obama were not a citizen of the United States of America? Seriously.

That is what makes me skeptical of this birth certificate stuff. Of course, Obama's blocking the release is what keeps me from completely discounting it.

IonaTrailer
10-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Whatever - his mother was a citizen and that is all that he needs to qualify.

It is irrelevant where he was born.

duh.

IonaTrailer
10-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Yes - Hawaii became a state on August 21, 1959.

Rebel Yell
10-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes - Hawaii became a state on August 21, 1959.

You will soon learn (if you stick around long enough) to get your facts straight before posting. Linda90210 never misses a mistake, and never fails to point it out.Bless her heart.

Nice name, from real trailer trash.