PDA

View Full Version : Political calls to the home

SaintLouieWoman
10-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Have only folks from the toss-up states been getting never ending calls? Just got a call from the Obama campaign. It was "Debby". I took the call and didn't allow herto get into her spiel. Just told her to have my name removed from
the list, that I can't stand him, and he will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get my vote. I
said to stop the calls, they're annoying.

We usually just hang up when caller ID shows it's the Obama campaign. I couldn't resist telling them to leave me alone.

Missouri is a swing state. Anyone else being deluged with calls (from either candidate?)

linda22003
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Our phone doesn't even ring if the caller isn't identified.

Gingersnap
10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
We've been using the old fashioned but highly effective "Don't Pick Up The Phone - Wait For Voice Mail To Pick Up" technique.

We'd never get a thing done lately if we didn't.

LogansPapa
10-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I canít believe anyone in this day and age of high technology cell phones can still allow themselves to get calls from people they donít know or donít want to speak with. :rolleyes:

Constitutionally Speaking
10-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Have only folks from the toss-up states been getting never ending calls? Just got a call from the Obama campaign. It was "Debby". I took the call and didn't allow herto get into her spiel. Just told her to have my name removed from
the list, that I can't stand him, and he will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get my vote. I
said to stop the calls, they're annoying.

We usually just hang up when caller ID shows it's the Obama campaign. I couldn't resist telling them to leave me alone.

Missouri is a swing state. Anyone else being deluged with calls (from either candidate?)

I had an Obama caller on the phone with me for about 25 minutes!!! :D

I figured if he wasn't making calls to vulnerable people, it was a good thing. I just kept asking questions about policies - most are volunteers and feel they have to convince people. I did not go for the kill (although it was very tempting) because if they know you are not persuadable, they SHOULD (if they are managing their calling lists properly) drop you from the list anyway.

I figured if they want to keep wasting money trying to convince ME to vote for Obama, I'll let them keep wasting money and time.

I just put the phone on speaker mode, continued what I was doing (surfing the net) and asked questions to keep him on the phone.

:D

SaintLouieWoman
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM

I figured if he wasn't making calls to vulnerable people, it was a good thing. I just kept asking questions about policies - most are volunteers and feel they have to convince people. I did not go for the kill (although it was very tempting) because if they know you are not persuadable, they SHOULD (if they are managing their calling lists properly) drop you from the list anyway.

I figured if they want to keep wasting money trying to convince ME to vote for Obama, I'll let them keep wasting money and time.

I just put the phone on speaker mode, continued what I was doing (surfing the net) and asked questions to keep him on the phone.

:D

That's the best idea yet. They're calling my home land line, not the cell. I'm greytful they don't have the cell #.

SarasotaRepub
10-28-2008, 01:04 PM
That's pure eeeeeeeeeeeevil CS!!! :D

Well done!!!

M21
10-28-2008, 01:14 PM

I've done the same a couple of times. I just keep them tied up for as long as possible wasting their time. You can have great fun with them. :)