PDA

View Full Version : Game 5...time for the Phils to close the deal!!

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Bring on the Tampa Bay devilettes!!

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Phillies!!! Phillies!!!

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
I doubt you were around when Tug McGraw, Steve Carlton, Pete Rose, MIKE SCHMIDT and company won in 80. Beat the Royals in six. Great series.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
I doubt you were around when Tug McGraw, Steve Carlton, Pete Rose, MIKE SCHMIDT and company won in 80. Beat the Royals in six. Great series.

I was around. But I hated Pete Rose. I was in Cincinnati when he was there, then I moved here and he followed!! :eek: I was a Johnny Bench fan back then. Had the battery operated Johnny Bench game (yeah, my dad wanted a boy earlier than he got one!) :)

SarasotaRepub
10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Bring on the Tampa Bay devilettes!!

Booo! :mad:

I can't believe the Rays even got to the WS. :D

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
I was around. But I hated Pete Rose. I was in Cincinnati when he was there, then I moved here and he followed!! :eek: I was a Johnny Bench fan back then. Had the battery operated Johnny Bench game (yeah, my dad wanted a boy earlier than he got one!) :)

You had a crush on Johnny Bench!!!!!

I liked 'em both. Charlie Hustle. You bet.

Johnny Bench,
Tony Pérez,
Joe Morgan,
Pete Rose,
Dave Concepción,
George Foster,
César Gerónimo,
Ken Griffey,

Nice.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
You had a crush on Johnny Bench!!!!!

I liked 'em both. Charlie Hustle. You bet.

Johnny Bench,
Tony Pérez,
Joe Morgan,
Pete Rose,
Dave Concepción,
George Foster,
César Gerónimo,
Ken Griffey,

Nice.

I totally crushed on Johnny Bench!!! :)

This team has a lot to choose from! I'm trying to figure out whose autographs to get...I don't want to appear too starstruck. Luckily, I have lots of nephews and a niece I can say I'm asking for! :)

Chase Utley
Victorino

Last go round I hearted the Krukster! And Dalton, of course!

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Incoming stupid question....

How come I never knew John Hall of Hall and Oates was black?

patriot45
10-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Go Rays, last chance! Gotta believe!!!

Its been fun being with a team since thier beginning, even if they lose this is just the start! Go Rays!

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Incoming stupid question....

How come I never knew John Hall of Hall and Oates was black?

I think his dark skin comes from his Spanish background. Moorish maybe? I read that somewhere.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Go Rays, last chance! Gotta believe!!!

Its been fun being with a team since thier beginning, even if they lose this is just the start! Go Rays!

Gonna be a good game. If the Rays win tonight, the door is wide open.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I think his dark skin comes from his Spanish background. Moorish maybe? I read that somewhere.

Perhaps. Maybe he had on a lot of makeup tonight. I looked up some pictures of him on google, and he definitely looked different tonight than he did in his heyday. Did a great job of the anthem. Still has a nice voice.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Perhaps. Maybe he had on a lot of makeup tonight. I looked up some pictures of him on google, and he definitely looked different tonight than he did in his heyday. Did a great job of the anthem. Still has a nice voice.

Don't people in PA get darker as they age? :p

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 07:45 PM
Don't people in PA get darker as they age? :p

I have been noticing that my Irish skin isn't burning as much these days! :D

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 07:45 PM
The Phillies crowd is wild tonight. I almost feel sorry for the devilettes.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Victorino gets an RBI!!!!

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Utley makes a key double play. Whoot!

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Utley makes a key double play. Whoot!

That was a great play. Got him on the foot. Really good.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:00 PM
My God the weather is bad.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 09:09 PM
My God the weather is bad.

Yes, it is. I'm actually glad I didn't get tickets. I'm a baby. No need to freeze my butt off in the rain and then fight the mobs trying to get out of there. I have 2 hearings first thing in the morning. Crawling in at midnight would not have been helpful.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Yes, it is. I'm actually glad I didn't get tickets. I'm a baby. No need to freeze my butt off in the rain and then fight the mobs trying to get out of there. I have 2 hearings first thing in the morning. Crawling in at midnight would not have been helpful.

I've played ball in really bad weather but rain with temps around forty it is miserable. I can't imagine pitching in weather ilke this. I can't pitch anyway, but i can throw a baseball and when the weather is cold like this, it's hard to do. Your fingers are numb.

This is miserable for all concerned.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I've played ball in really bad weather but rain with temps around forty it is miserable. I can't imagine pitching in weather ilke this. I can't pitch anyway, but i can throw a baseball and when the weather is cold like this, it's hard to do. Your fingers are numb.

This is miserable for all concerned.

Agreed. I played lacrosse in this kind of weather. Damn it hurts when you get checked and your fingers are already hurting from the cold.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:19 PM
You can play football and soccer in any weather. Baseball in this kind of weather is difficult. For everyone.

It is now an official game so if it's called it's over.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
You can play football and soccer in any weather. Baseball in this kind of weather is difficult. For everyone.

It is now an official game so if it's called it's over.

I was worried about Cole Hamels' hand after that screwed up bunt attempt.

It would not be a good ending if it's called for weather. I don't like asterisks.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:27 PM
I was worried about Cole Hamels' hand after that screwed up bunt attempt.

It would not be a good ending if it's called for weather. I don't like asterisks.

Me too. Unless the conditions become impossible, the umps won't call the game in what would or could be a final game of the world series. And Rightly so.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
The field is becoming impossible.

Bad Deal. It is an official game so if it's called the Phillies win by default.

Not the way a series should end.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:37 PM
I would like to see it, if it becomes a tie, for the game to be called and resumed in better weather.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 09:38 PM
I would like to see it, if it becomes a tie, for the game to be called and resumed in better weather.

I was just thinking that may be the thought. But if the Rays now score a winning run and then they call the game, that will really bite!!

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:42 PM
I was just thinking that may be the thought. But if the Rays now score a winning run and then they call the game, that will really bite!!

Tied now at the bottom of the inning.

I'm a traditionalist. I love the game.

At best, play the bottom of the inning. If it's still tied, call it for weather.

For the integrity of the game.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Rain Delay. Thank God.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Maybe it will be called and resumed. Suspended game.

Right call. Pick it up where we left off.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Rain Delay. Thank God.

Clearly timed to coincide with the tie. TB ought to thank their lucky stars. It gave ML an out.

I'm sooo glad I'm not there. How long do you think the fans will wait out the delay?

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Clearly timed to coincide with the tie. TB ought to thank their lucky stars. It gave ML an out.

I'm sooo glad I'm not there. How long do you think the fans will wait out the delay?

In Philly? Til Hell freezes over 3 times.

Phillygirl
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM

In Philly? Til Hell freezes over 3 times.

Yep, probably.

Last week I was in town for the game. Far away from the stadium...the streets were still hilarious when we left the bar at the end of the game. Everybody is friends after that. It was quite humorous.

I had to laugh at my game mates. 4 of us still in our suits (2 of the guys are each about 6'5'', so we kind of stoof out anyway), in a Thai/Asian place (that has wings at the bar for game night!), with 5 asian guys and 2 black guys at the bar by closing time.

I don't know why, but I found the whole thing humorous. The City of Brotherly Love.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh Man. The forecast is for more rain.

May be til tomorrow before this is over. This may not end tonight. May be best that it doesn't. Play the game. Whatever the conditions may be.

Play the game.

Bubba Dawg
10-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I just heard they will pick it up tomorow at 8:00 pm in the sixth.

Good.

Play the game. Who wins wins.

See ya tomorrow.

ralph wiggum
10-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I just heard they will pick it up tomorow at 8:00 pm in the sixth.

Good.

Play the game. Who wins wins.

See ya tomorrow.

Postponed until Wednesday night now. :eek:

The conditions last night were abominable. I can't believe they kept playing as long as they did.

JB
10-28-2008, 04:15 PM
First off, if the Phils were ahead 2-1 after the top of the sixth and the game did not restart, they would have been MLB Champs. No asterisks or anything of that nature. That's the rule of the game. Once it's official, it's official.

Bud Selig is the second biggest douche in the world. The guy was making it up as he went along last night. Threw the groundscrew and the weatherfolk under the bus. Then lied out his ass when he said that he told both teams beforehand that he would not allow a World Series game to end short. I don't particularly care for him hijacking the rules like that but I understand why.

The Rays players felt the pressure in the top of the sixth. They were all under the impression that if they did not score, they might lose a rain-shortened game. I wonder what Bud would have done if the Rays took the lead at that time? Call the game and give the Rays the win or put it in an indefinite rain delay like he said he was going to do if the Phils were ahead? What an ass.

patriot45
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
First off, if the Phils were ahead 2-1 after the top of the sixth and the game did not restart, they would have been MLB Champs. No asterisks or anything of that nature. That's the rule of the game. Once it's official, it's official.

Bud Selig is the second biggest douche in the world. The guy was making it up as he went along last night. Threw the groundscrew and the weatherfolk under the bus. Then lied out his ass when he said that he told both teams beforehand that he would not allow a World Series game to end short. I don't particularly care for him hijacking the rules like that but I understand why.

The Rays players felt the pressure in the top of the sixth. They were all under the impression that if they did not score, they might lose a rain-shortened game. I wonder what Bud would have done if the Rays took the lead at that time? Call the game and give the Rays the win or put it in an indefinite rain delay like he said he was going to do if the Phils were ahead? What an ass.

That weather was pretty bad n the 5th, he should have had them put the tarp down then. It wouldn't have ben an official game then. That was football weather!!!

GO RAYS!!! :D

Cold Warrior
10-28-2008, 05:10 PM
This thread is about American cr.... baseball, correct? :D

LogansPapa
10-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Anything to the story that the Ray’s lost their hotel rooms last night and the handlers had to call 14 different places and ended up bussing the team out of town for hotel rooms?

Phillygirl
10-28-2008, 05:31 PM
This thread is about American cr.... baseball, correct? :D

Don't say any sport other than baseball in this thread, or I will call for your banning.

Oh...and root for the Phils.

JB
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Anything to the story that the Ray’s lost their hotel rooms last night and the handlers had to call 14 different places and ended up bussing the team out of town for hotel rooms?It's true. Not sure about the 14 places part but The Rays checked out of their hotel before they went to the game and couldn't get the rooms back. They bussed it down I-95 about 30 miles and are holed up in Wilmington, DE.

JB
10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Don't say any sport other than baseball in this thread, or I will call for your banning.

Oh...and root for the Phils.I'm ignoring his commie ass until this thing is over.

philly, I ALMOST drove passed the stadium last night to see if anyone was willing to part with their ticket stub so I could go to the last 3 innings of the game when it resumes.

I called my friend that works there to ask anyone that walked by whether or not they were going to come back to the game and if not to grab their stub. Got his freaking voicemail and he was home by the time he got the message. Freaking useless.

Cold Warrior
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM

Oh...and root for the Phils.

Actually, I am (since the Red Sox aren't in it). :D

BadCat
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Hmmm....root for a team from the ugliest city in America
or
root for a team from a city that feels like you're living in an armpit...

I'll pass on both. We have Thursday night football this week (AMERICAN football, CW).

JB
10-28-2008, 06:24 PM
We have Thursday night football this week (AMERICAN football, CW).That would make you a resident of the most uniformed city in America.

No Thursday football until next week (11/06).

BadCat
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
That would make you a resident of the most uniformed city in America.

No Thursday football until next week (11/06).

They don't tell us much out here.

Cold Warrior
10-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Hmmm....root for a team from the ugliest city in America
or
root for a team from a city that feels like you're living in an armpit...

I'll pass on both. We have Thursday night football this week (AMERICAN football, CW).

Well, Arsenal plays Tottenham on Wednesday afternoon.

Phillygirl
10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm going to delete all posts from this thread that don't have to do with the Phils winning the series...and then put all the offenders in time out.

Cold Warrior
10-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm going to delete all posts from this thread that don't have to do with the Phils winning the series...and then put all the offenders in time out.

Not me!! I'm rooting for the Phillies. I hope Dave Schultz hits a grand slam!

Phillygirl
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM
I'm ignoring his commie ass until this thing is over.

philly, I ALMOST drove passed the stadium last night to see if anyone was willing to part with their ticket stub so I could go to the last 3 innings of the game when it resumes.

I called my friend that works there to ask anyone that walked by whether or not they were going to come back to the game and if not to grab their stub. Got his freaking voicemail and he was home by the time he got the message. Freaking useless.

That sucks. I doubt you'll be able to buy the stubs for anything reasonable. There's free parking tomorrow for those that go back. I have a feeling, absent inability to do so, everybody is going back.

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Good job there CW. Hell hath no fury like a Phillie scorned. :D

Cold Warrior
10-28-2008, 07:05 PM

Well, I hope he, at least, gets a hat trick!

Phillygirl
10-28-2008, 07:06 PM

You've been warned, commie!!

Phillygirl
10-28-2008, 07:07 PM

You joining the list, Bubba?

Bubba Dawg
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
You joining the list, Bubba?

:eek:

Yay Phillies!! Woot Phillies!! Go Phillies!! :D

JB
10-29-2008, 05:43 PM
We interrupt this commie talk for...

Less than 2 hours + 3 innings until Championship time.

Woot.

jawilljr
10-29-2008, 05:52 PM

In that case GO RAYS!!!

Jerry

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Countdown to the resumption of the game. 30 minutes give or take.

Okay, it's not snowing or raining or anything else, right?

Space Gravy
10-29-2008, 06:39 PM
I'll stir the pot too. GO RAYS!

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Countdown to the resumption of the game. 30 minutes give or take.

Okay, it's not snowing or raining or anything else, right?

The game won't start until about 8:30 (no pre-game tonight!).

No snow or rain, but it's cold (42 degrees about 1/2 hour ago on my drive home from work)

ralph wiggum
10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
The game won't start until about 8:30 (no pre-game tonight!).

No snow or rain, but it's cold (42 degrees about 1/2 hour ago on my drive home from work)

Gee, I wonder why there's no pre-game? :rolleyes: :D

I heard a radio show this morning discussing when they would be cutting off beer sales. At most parks, they stop serving alcohol after the 7th inning or so, or by a certain time.

Anyone here know what the case is tonight?

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Gee, I wonder why there's no pre-game? :rolleyes: :D

I heard a radio show this morning discussing when they would be cutting off beer sales. At most parks, they stop serving alcohol after the 7th inning or so, or by a certain time.

Anyone here know what the case is tonight?

After 7 played innings, they will shut it off. :cool:

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 07:43 PM
And Jenkins starts us off with a double...a bunt puts us on third!!

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 07:47 PM
And the Phils are back in the lead!!! Whoot!!

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Nicely done. The infield was in so that ball dropped.

Shannon
10-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Tied now.:p

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Tied now.:p

Shut up!!:mad:

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Nice play at home.

Shannon
10-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Shut up!!:mad:

Okay...unless The Rays win.:D

Shannon
10-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Eh, y'all have it.

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Top of the ninth and the Rays have a runner in scoring position.

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Ball Game. Nicely done Phillies.

Good Game Rays. Nicely Played.

patriot45
10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Congrats, we were outplayed. Good one Phillies!!!

Next year, GO RAYS!:D

Shannon
10-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Good Game Rays. Nicely Played.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Congrats, we were outplayed. Good one Phillies!!!

Next year, GO RAYS!:D

Heck of a season. I remember when the Braves went from worst to first and lost in the series to the Twins. The next season was their year.

Good on ya Rays.

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Whoot!!!!:d:d

Shannon
10-29-2008, 09:05 PM

Alright, leave the sports forum now. Run along, run along.

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:06 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey, If Da Phillies hadna won, I'd want it to be da Rays.....

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:07 PM

Congrats Philly. :D

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
They just booed Bud Selig. Gotta love Philly!!! :D

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Bud Selig. First time I've ever seen the lips move on a corpse.

Phillygirl
And then they booed Tampa Bay!! :eek:

Mayor Nutter gets booed next!

Bubba Dawg
They just booed Bud Selig. Gotta love Philly!!! :D

I do. :D

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
And then they booed Tampa Bay!! :eek:

Mayor Nutter gets booed next!

Yo. It's Philly. Wadaya expect?

ralph wiggum
10-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Congrats to the Phils! Finally, the team I was rooting for won! :cool:

Space Gravy
10-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Boooooooo!

Lucky bastards.

Space Gravy
10-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Real Philly Sports Fans are already past this and are bitching about the Eagles, Flyers and Sixers.

Bubba Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Real Philly Sports Fans are already past this and are bitching about the Eagles, Flyers and Sixers.

Oy. Da Eagles.....:(:mad::D

marinejcksn
10-29-2008, 10:35 PM
We won? What happened, I just got in.

JB
10-30-2008, 02:02 AM
Phinally.

SarasotaRepub
10-30-2008, 06:21 AM
Bah! The Sports Media was obviously in the tank for the Phillies. :mad::D

Congrats!

marinejcksn
10-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Bah! The Sports Media was obviously in the tank for the Phillies. :mad::D

Congrats!

The drive-by media goes crazy over this guy:
http://www.hobartpulp.com/website/april/phanatic1.jpg
:D

LogansPapa
10-30-2008, 12:18 PM
For Shannon:

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:skck4qyJ8zjIFM:http://www.swimsunvalley.com/files/Photos/Go_Rays_Sign.jpg

;)

LogansPapa
10-30-2008, 01:19 PM
For Phillygirl:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20081030/i/r1841552773.jpg?x=400&y=286&q=85&sig=Cul9ctUqZRA9hgIguGAETw--