PDA

View Full Version : Happy Guy Fawkes Day

SENATOR FOGHORN
11-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Dear readers,
May I wish you and yours a happy Bonfire Night!
No, we are not burning Liberals, but celebrating the failed GUNPOWDER PLOT (qv) on November 5,1605. A Catholic (Mr Gatesby) hatched a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliment in the UK and duped a zealot (Guy Fawkes) into doing the deed. It was uncovered just in time to protect James 1 and the MOP's. The holiday is celebrated by BONFIRES and HANGING GUY FAWKES in EFFIGY.
Now, we KNOW that no right thinking zealot would even think of doing that sort of thing in the 21st Century.......

Regards,
Senator Filibuster Foghorn
The Great State of

ABC
11-05-2015, 11:16 AM
"Regards,
Senator Filibuster Foghorn
The Great State of"

The Great State of Confusion? At least for me this morning ...

I must be more tired than I thought I was. :biggrin-new:

Two questions Retread:

(1) Does this really belong in the "Humor" section?

(2) Or ... Am I losing it by thinking that something is afoot here?

Retread
11-05-2015, 11:33 AM
ABC - I am reserving judgement for the moment. But I am suspicious that your last sentence is correct. If/when the illustrious Senator continues to post we will see if his/her 'humor' quotient improves.

As our famed leader has said, put the good and bad jokes here. The question remains - where to put the bad jokers.

ABC
11-05-2015, 11:48 AM
ABC - I am reserving judgement for the moment. But I am suspicious that your last sentence is correct. If/when the illustrious Senator continues to post we will see if his/her 'humor' quotient improves.

Oh Mercy! Does that mean that you agree that I AM losing it, or what? (Joke) :biggrin-new:

As our famed leader has said, put the good and bad jokes here. The question remains - where to put the bad jokers.

Oh my! Ha! Ha! :smile-new:

Thanks for getting back to me!

Retread
11-05-2015, 04:11 PM
OPPS!!!!! big time apology - what i remembered was "something is afoot here?" with which I agreed.

Mea culpa fasciculum

ABC
11-05-2015, 08:07 PM
OPPS!!!!! big time apology - what i remembered was "something is afoot here?" with which I agreed.

Mea culpa fasciculum

I knew that darlin' ... was just joshin' you! :smile-new:

Rats! My high school Latin (which I loved,) is failing me at the moment ...

And will have to look up the word "fasciculum." Is making me sing Jimmy Buffet's line in one of his old songs "Mea culpa, mea culpa ... mea MAXIMUS culpa etc."

Retread
11-05-2015, 10:02 PM
I knew that darlin' ... was just joshin' you! :smile-new:

Rats! My high school Latin (which I loved,) is failing me at the moment ...

And will have to look up the word "fasciculum." Is making me sing Jimmy Buffet's line in one of his old songs "Mea culpa, mea culpa ... mea MAXIMUS culpa etc."

"fasciculum" according to google translate is latin for the country boy phrase "a whole bunch of"

the Mea maximus culpa would have been far more proper.

SENATOR FOGHORN
11-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Suh ,
As this was my first post in your illustrious forum, I refrained from anything more exciting until I see wherein the wind bloweth....
I have been asked by my constituents to "tone down" the fro-fah.

Regards,
Senator F.Foghorn

Rockntractor
11-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Suh ,
As this was my first post in your illustrious forum, I refrained from anything more exciting until I see wherein the wind bloweth....
I have been asked by my constituents to "tone down" the fro-fah.

Regards,
Senator F.Foghorn
I say I say don't run of son!http://i.imgur.com/d3vTtIg.jpg

ABC
11-11-2015, 09:32 PM
Suh ,

Regards,
Senator F.Foghorn

The name of the site "Conservative Underground" should have given you your first clue.

As Rock wrote, "Don't run off son" ...

I too, will keep reading your posts, as I am still reserving judgement on whether or not you are a DEM troll.

At this stage of the 2016 election, it is not unusual to expect a few to sign up to this site and attempt to play around with it's members.

SarasotaRepub
11-11-2015, 11:13 PM
HA!!!

oldcoastie1
11-12-2015, 11:35 AM
ABC, I had my fasciculum surgically removed when I was in the Coast Guard.

Dori
11-12-2015, 12:34 PM
How did I miss Fawkes Day?

Isn't he the idol of the occupoopers?

ABC
11-12-2015, 12:52 PM
ABC, I had my fasciculum surgically removed when I was in the Coast Guard.

YOWCH! ... :blue:

I looked up the medical definition: a bundle of skeletal muscle cells/nerve fibers.

Hope and trust you are the better for it!