PDA

View Full Version : History Question

AlmostThere
10-28-2008, 10:29 AM
I, for one, thank Ronald Reagan for being the driving force in defeating the Soviet Union without firing a shot. If Obama is elected president and the Dims strengthen their hold on the House and get a filibuster proof lead in the Senate, who will we be able to "thank" in a few years for the destruction of America without the need of even firing a single shot?

I really want to know who to thank. :mad:

LogansPapa
10-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I really want to know who to thank. :mad:

Those that negotiated previously and will negotiate in the immediate future, the hundreds of billions in loans with mainland China - allowing that nation to feed upon ours - with endless electrons flowing between our banks and their government.

noonwitch
10-28-2008, 12:04 PM
What if Obama turns out to be a better president than anyone here thinks he will be?

FlaGator
10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
What if Obama turns out to be a better president than anyone here thinks he will be?

I pray for him... I also pray that you are right.

enslaved1
10-28-2008, 12:17 PM

That still wouldn't be saying much.

Granted, it is possible that the present economic crisis and something really drastic happening to the Dem majority in Congress, or even unforeseen future events could prevent the Barrockstar from causing too much damage during his term.

MrsSmith
10-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I pray for him... I also pray that you are right.

I second that...and I pray for our country. Of all the talk of lost freedoms under Pres. Bush, I, for one, do not miss the freedom to call a terrorist in a Middle Eastern country and discuss bombing the US. I do desperately miss the freedoms lost before 2000, and wonder what all we'll lose if Obama is elected.

AlmostThere
10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
How often did the left lament about the spying on U.S. citizens and invasions of privacy? I wonder what Joe the Plumber thinks about that argument right now? That man asked a question that wasn't on the itinerary and look what they did to him. And to think, Obama doesn't even have the power yet. It's gonna be a helluva ride.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-29-2008, 02:57 AM

Short term, he will be better than many here think- though not because of anything he did. Long term the effects will be devastating.

AmPat
10-29-2008, 04:35 AM

That would mean a complete turn-around in his core belief system, unlikely. The worst part of this is the very public he is poised to screw is going to enthusiastically vote for him like gushing school girls at a pep rally.
Fools all!

3rd-try
10-29-2008, 06:20 AM
How often did the left lament about the spying on U.S. citizens and invasions of privacy? I wonder what Joe the Plumber thinks about that argument right now? That man asked a question that wasn't on the itinerary and look what they did to him. And to think, Obama doesn't even have the power yet. It's gonna be a helluva ride.

Please! I want to hear the left's answer to this one....Please!