PDA

View Full Version : Here's the perfect answer to "conservatives" who say Obama went to an "Islamic" scho

Elspeth
06-14-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=6357234&mesg_id=6357234

Here's the perfect answer to "conservatives" who say Obama went to an "Islamic" school in Indonesia

They'll ignore the fact that he went to a public school, and not an Islamic madrasa,
so don't even bother with that one.

However, when they start whining about his having been to an "Islamic" school, (and
you know how deep sixth grade indoctrination goes), just tell them that you are greatly
encouraged by the fact that they have FINALLY come around to our view that prayers and
religion do not belong in schools.

Be prepared to duck, just in case.....

FDK
06-14-2008, 03:11 PM
How come the DUmmies never ask why he turned his back on the religion of his father and grandfather?

jinxmchue
06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
just tell them that you are greatly encouraged by the fact that they have FINALLY come around to our view that prayers and religion do not belong in schools.

Uh... huh? If Islamic schools want to have Islamic prayers, that's fine by us conservatives. Your assinine (emphasis on the "ass" part) attempt at pretzel logic is nothing more than a lame distraction from some inconvenient truths about your Obamessiah.

jinxmchue
06-14-2008, 11:55 PM
How come the DUmmies never ask why he turned his back on the religion of his father and grandfather?

Obamessiah claims to be a Christian now, which you'd think would not sit well with the DUmp monkeys. Of course, they know what we all know - that Obamessiah's alleged Christianity is false. That's why they don't have a problem with his religion.

Sonnabend
06-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Here's the perfect answer to "conservatives" who say Obama went to an "Islamic" school in Indonesia

They'll ignore the fact that he went to a public school, and not an Islamic madrasa,
so don't even bother with that one.

Indonesia is practically all Sunni muslim. Barack went to a Muslim school.

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/5354

* "Interviews with dozens of former classmates, teachers, neighbors and friends show that Obama was not a regular practicing Muslim when he was in Indonesia" – implying he was an irregularly practicing Muslim.
* "Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers, a few neighbors said" confirming that he did pray in the mosque.
* "Obama's 3rd-grade teacher at the Catholic school, who lived near the family [said that] ‘Rarely, Barry went to the mosque with Lolo'" – confirming that Obama attended mosque services.

All this matters, for if Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed. Were he elected president of the United States, this status, clearly, would have large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world.

In sum: Obama was an irregularly practicing Muslim who rarely or occasionally prayed with his step-father in a mosque. This precisely substantiates my statement that he "for some years had a reasonably Muslim upbringing under the auspices of his Indonesian step-father."

Therefore, what MMfA calls the "Obama-Muslim falsehood" is in fact confirmed by both articles as truthful and accurate.

Calling this a falsehood is in itself a falsehood.

AmPat
06-15-2008, 01:31 AM
Indonesia is practically all Sunni muslim. Barack went to a Muslim school.

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/5354

a regular practicing Muslim ]when he was in Indonesia" – implying he was an irregularly practicing Muslim.
* "Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers, a few neighbors said" confirming that he did pray in the mosque. * "Obama's 3rd-grade teacher:‘Rarely, Barry went to the mosque with Lolo'" – confirming that Obama attended mosque services.

All this matters, for if Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed. Were he elected president of the United States, this status, clearly, would have large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world.

In sum: Obama was an irregularly practicing Muslim who rarely or occasionally prayed with his step-father in a mosque. This precisely substantiates my statement that he "for some years had a reasonably Muslim upbringing under the auspices of his Indonesian step-father."

Therefore, what MMfA calls the "Obama-Muslim falsehood" is in fact confirmed by both articles as truthful and accurate.

I don't believe a Joe Smith would have any credibilty in the ME claiming he was never a Christian.
Somehow we are expected to buy that Barrack Hussein Obama, raised in predominently muslim Indonesia, was never a muslim.:rolleyes:

vetwife
06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
A very brave person. 1000 posts at DU and actually posting under her DU name...
Wow just Wow !

Junebug68
06-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I don't believe a Joe Smith would have any credibilty in the ME claiming he was never a Christian.
Somehow we are expected to buy that Barrack Hussein Obama, raised in predominently muslim Indonesia, was never a muslim.:rolleyes:

If anyone believes that, I got a nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell them :rolleyes:

vetwife
06-15-2008, 12:19 PM
The unamed site and you dare to use your DU name. Again I am amazed.

vetwife
06-15-2008, 12:21 PM

Because it isn't real except in the extreme right wing and Shillary supporters minds.

enslaved1
06-16-2008, 09:56 AM
There are so many, much better reasons to not want Obama in the White House, why should we waste time arguing with libs over his religious background?

Eyelids
06-16-2008, 01:26 PM

Because in America people are allowed to believe whatever they want?

linda22003
06-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Uh... huh? If Islamic schools want to have Islamic prayers, that's fine by us conservatives. Your assinine (emphasis on the "ass" part) attempt at pretzel logic is nothing more than a lame distraction from some inconvenient truths about your Obamessiah.

I agree. The best school of all would be one that can teach students to spell "asinine".

Teetop
06-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Because in America people are allowed to believe whatever they want?

True, but I also believe, when running for the highest office in the country, one should be honest and not lie. Like SnObama has.

Sonnabend
06-17-2008, 10:57 AM
I agree. The best school of all would be one that can teach students to spell "asinine".

hey, I know that one.

You spell it E-Y-E-L-I-D-S

linda22003
06-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Well, you certainly don't spell it with a double "s", as the previous poster did!

jinxmchue
06-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Wow. You're not really sharp, are you?

linda22003
06-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm not? You're the one who didn't get it right. Your school failed you.

patriot45
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Well, you certainly don't spell it with a double "s", as the previous poster did!

Sum of has got diffurent dictionaries!!:D

1. Assinine 43 up, 9 down

Stupid, dim-witted, pointless
"This biology homework is so assinine."
by yeah, whatever Nov 15, 2003 email it 0 comments
2. assinine 34 up, 10 down

1. Extremely stupid/foolish.
2. Of or relating to the ass.
Stop bending over, it's assinine!
by Windex Dec 11, 2004 email it 0 comments
3. ASSinine 3 thumbs up

Something so stupid it makes a person look like a complete ass, despite whatever misguided good intentions they believe they have.
getting involved in political discussions on the internet is a great way to be shown to be ASSinine.

linda22003
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Where did you get that? I naturally double checked dictionary.com before posting. ;)

jinxmchue
06-17-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm not? You're the one who didn't get it right. Your school failed you.

Siddhartha H. Buddha! Let me clarify for the slower people:

"Your assinine (emphasis on the "ass" part)"

I use Firefox with automatic spellcheck. Any misspelled words show up underlined in red. (Want a screenshot as proof?)

patriot45
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Where did you get that? I naturally double checked dictionary.com before posting. ;)

Dangling participles (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=assinine)

I left one out!

4. assinine 7 up, 7 down

A girl with a great body but an unattractive face.

From the redneck phrase, "I only gave her face a 2, but I gave her assinine!"

linda22003
06-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Looks like some sort of internet game, not a dictionary. If your point is that there are others on the internet who are as compromised in their literacy as the poster here, you'll get no argument from me.

patriot45
06-17-2008, 12:01 PM
[
QUOTE=jinxmchue;9274]Siddhartha H. Buddha! Let me clarify for the slower people:

"Your assinine (emphasis on the "ass" part)"

I use Firefox with automatic spellcheck. Any misspelled words show up underlined in red. (Want a screenshot as proof?)[/QUOTE]

Chuck Norris does not use spell check. If he happens to misspell a word, Oxford will simply change the actual spelling of it. :D

linda22003
06-17-2008, 12:03 PM
The person we're talking about is hardly Chuck Norris. Ultimately, the point is, why dabble in rumors about the candidate which appeal to the "easily frightened" part of Americans, when there are so many substantive reasons not to support him?

jinxmchue
06-17-2008, 02:49 PM
The person we're talking about is hardly Chuck Norris. Ultimately, the point is, why dabble in rumors about the candidate which appeal to the "easily frightened" part of Americans, when there are so many substantive reasons not to support him?

Icing on the cake, my dear.