PDA

View Full Version : McCain Advisor Half Right

Cold Warrior
10-29-2008, 07:09 AM
They're all positioning themselves for 2012.

John McCain admits tensions with running mate Sarah Palin
Senator John McCain has admitted there have been tensions between him and running-mate Sarah Palin.

By Toby Harnden in Washington
Last Updated: 11:40AM GMT 29 Oct 2008

Speaking about the Republican campaign at a rally in Pennsylvania he said "when two mavericks join up, we don't agree on everything, but that's a lot of fun".

The presidential candidate gave one of his now trademark awkward grins as he made the remark standing in front of her at a joint appearance.

The comments followed days of proxy war carried out by aides through the media.

Accusations between McCain advisers and those close to Sarah Palin, the vice-presidential nominee, have become very heated.

A senior McCain adviser was quoted as describing Mrs Palin as "a whack job". Others called her a "diva" and complained she had been "going rogue".

Mrs Palin has made clear she believes she was the victim of a botched "roll out" plan in which the McCain campaign initially kept her cosseted from the media.

To the anger of senior McCain staff, she recently went off script to point out that she had not chosen the $150,000 (95,000) of designer clothes.

She privately blames the Republican National Committee for damaging her down-to-earth image.

More... (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/3275361/John-McCain-admits-tensions-with-running-mate-Sarah-Palin.html)

patriot45
10-29-2008, 07:14 AM
Ha,ha, learn another trick.

I heaqrd different on Hannity last nite.

Cold Warrior
10-29-2008, 07:16 AM
Ha,ha, learn another trick.

I heaqrd different on Hannity last nite.

I'm sure. However, the Telegraph is not the Guardian and when campaigns say something bad, there's always attempts to "smooth it over."

Phillygirl
10-29-2008, 08:19 AM
I have no doubt there there is some tension. The political handlers screwed up and I'm sure there is finger pointing going on.

megimoo
10-29-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm sure. However, the Telegraph is not the Guardian and when campaigns say something bad, there's always attempts to "smooth it over."Keep on trying CW .I'm sure if you dig deep enough that garbage heap you will find something to smear on your beloved Sara Paulin !How about this is she mean to the esquimaux seal hunters ?:D

Cold Warrior
10-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Keep on trying CW .I'm sure if you dig deep enough that garbage heap you will find something to smear on your beloved Sara Paulin !How about this is she mean to the esquimaux seal hunters ?:D

But you're wrong there. I don't care if they buy her a wardrobe for the campaign, I don't care if she hunts moose, I don't take her to task for obvious misspeaks (is that a word?), as I recognize that she's on the campaign 24/7, I don't care if she told a second-grader that the VP was "in charge" of the Senate. All of those things are understandable and pretty unremarkable.

I care that she was picked to assuage the right-wing base, that her views on "social issues" seem to date from the cro-magnum period, and that she has demonstrated minimal competency regarding foreign policy, economics, and the judicial system.

All the other stuff is silly noise, similar to Obama's Icelandic heritage and the scoop of the century that still remains hidden, Biden's daughter's confrontatation with the police in Newark, DE.

Sonnabend
10-29-2008, 09:03 AM
I care that she was picked to assuage the right-wing base, that her views on "social issues" seem to date from the cro-magnum period,In all your worldly travels, has anyone ever told you that its spelt Cro-Magnan?

A magnum is either a gun calibre, an ice cream or a bottle of bubbly.

And there was no Cro-Magnan period.

Cro-Magnans lived from about 45,000 to 10,000 years ago in the Upper Paleolithic period of the Pleistocene epoch.

and that she has demonstrated minimal competency regarding foreign policy, economics, and the judicial system.She worked with a multi billion dollar budget. Obama just voted "present"

According to the Alaska Office of International Trade, during her 21 months as governor Palin has:

— Attended 11 meetings with Canadians, almost all to discuss a proposed oil and gas pipeline that would take Alaska oil through the prairie province of Alberta to Chicago.

— Held diplomatic courtesy calls with American-based representatives of five other countries: Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan and Israel.

— Spoken at or attended four events that included foreign representatives: the International Whaling Commission, the Conference of Arctic Parliamentarians and, on two occasions, the annual Alaska Fur & Ice event.

— Met last October with the president of Iceland, Olafur Ragnar Grimsson. He told the AP they discussed how Iceland's geothermal generation system, which heats and powers his nation, could be applied in Alaska, especially using existing geothermal resources in the Mount Spurr area near Anchorage.

One of Palin's Canadian counterparts, Yukon Premier Dennis Fentie, said she came to the table well-informed for the talks on oil and natural gas issues.

"She obviously had done her homework before we met," he said. "I found Gov. Palin has some of the fundamental principles required for good foreign policy, and that is dedicated approach and a firm commitment to collaborating with other jurisdictions, in this case Yukon."What's Obama done?

Cold Warrior
10-29-2008, 09:29 AM
In all your worldly travels, has anyone ever told you that its spelt Cro-Magnan?

A magnum is either a gun calibre, an ice cream or a bottle of bubbly.

And there was no Cro-Magnan period.

Cro-Magnans lived from about 45,000 to 10,000 years ago in the Upper Paleolithic period of the Pleistocene epoch.

She worked with a multi billion dollar budget. Obama just voted "present"

What's Obama done?

Sorry, didn't bother to look up "cro-magnan." although when I do I get "cromagnum" as an alternative spelling, but specifically relating to the species, not the period. Live and learn.

I don't really care what Obama's done, as I'm not voting for Obama, either.

LogansPapa
10-29-2008, 09:36 AM
What's Obama done?

Become more famous and powerful than Tiger Woods. ;)

patriot45
10-29-2008, 01:13 PM

Hey if Obama can play a round of golf and have the same score as he did bowling, he would trump Woods!! :D

ralph wiggum
10-29-2008, 01:16 PM

No one is more famous and powerful than Tiger Woods ;)

Sonnabend
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
You know why they call it golf?

Because s*** and f*** were already taken. :D:D:D