PDA

View Full Version : I just went OFF in a Starbucks

Teetop
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Go DUmpster diving. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4331784)

ejbr (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-29-08 04:48 PM
Original message
I just went OFF in a Starbucks
Advertisements [?]I am doing my best to compose myself during this election cycle, particularly since Obama is doing well in the polls. But this asshole flirting with some woman near me sent me over the top.

First, he approaches and begins talking about innocuous things. Fine. Then, he asks her about the election. She demonstrates awe at its ferocity. Again, innocuous. He then proceeds to state that both candidates are awful. I flinch, but accept his point of view that the candidates don't speak to him. However, he then begins this diatribe about how Obama supporters are more or less braindead and are being fooled by Obama's hypnotizing speech.

I could have taken the high road and asking him not to talk politics as it is a touchy subject for me (after 8 years of Bush, come on..) or point out that figures such as Colin Powell, Donald Trump and the Eisenhower girl are supporting Obama.

Nope! Instead, I turn around and yell "Get the fuck away from me!" to which he says, "I'm talking to her." as if this allows him to insult me within ear shot. "I said, I don't give a fuck. You're talking shit and ruining people's days. You should know better than to talk this shit in public!!" He then says, "well, we disagree." To which I begin screaming while pointing at him, "YOU'RE the fuckin' idiot!" (alluding to his comments that begin my coniption) At this point, my veins are bulging. He backs down, I turn around, and get this, put on my ear phones so that I can't hear him anymore! He probably thought, "why didn't you do that to begin with." Why? Because assholes need to be put in their place. I suspect he is a repig who is disappointed in the direction of the campaign. Seeing an African American within earshot, he thought he could get away with his passive aggressive bullshit. Au fuckin' contraire "my friend". I feel better now, thanks for being there and letting me share fellow DUers!

GO OBAMA!!

:rolleyes: And then the fool woke up...

OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-29-08 04:58 PM
Response to Original message
9. You Likely Looked Insane To Everyone In There.
Way to make us look rational and intelligent.

I'm amazed at what some here applaud.

:D I really like OMC!

bijou
10-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Hmmm.

sfexpat2000 (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-29-08 05:16 PM
30. How does losing control of yourself in public further the campaign?
I'm glad you feel better but, seriously, this isn't the way to go to gain respect for your candidate.
When sfexpat is a voice of reason you know you were out of control.

chimpsrsmarter (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-29-08 05:18 PM
Response to Reply #30
31. i'm hoping this whole story is a bouncy one.

:D:D

Terran (1000+ posts) Wed Oct-29-08 05:21 PM
36. good grief, another "I pwned a repub" thread
Seriously, the guy was not even talking to you, and you yelled at him to "get the fuck away" from you? Sorry, but that sounds self-indulgent, at best, not to mention incredibly rude. All this insulting of total strangers that people are proudly relating in the past couple of days is WAY off base. Do you think Obama would approve?

Even DU is fed up of bouncy tales.

Perilloux
10-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Wow! What a freaking moonbat.

:eek:

:D

Sparky
10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Barking moonbats barking in public - score one for our side!!!

JB
10-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Even DU is fed up of bouncy tales.The DUmp is tearing him up a bit.

Moonbat loses his mind while even-tempered other dude is macking some chick. My first thought was "chill out c*blocker". :p

M21
10-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I imagine the guy was just laughing at her. I wonder if she realizes that she just jumped up and illustrated the guys point for him.

GrumpyOldLady
10-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Freakwad. Scary freadwad.

I would have called the cops and had them haul him in with 'drunk and disorderly' or something.

crockspot
10-29-2008, 05:36 PM
A McCain win would add so much entertainment value to our lives. :D

movie buff
10-29-2008, 05:37 PM
:D I really like OMC!

Yeah, OMC's a good guy. How someone as mostly rational as him managed to stay on the DUmp for as long as he has without getting tombstoned I'll never know.
"I would have called the cops and had them haul him in with 'drunk and disorderly' or something."
I think an outburst like that would qualify as Harassment and possibly Disturbing the Peace, since it's a public setting.
Oh, and I find it pretty suspicious that when the OP exploded like that, none of the Starbucks employees walked up to her and asked her to either calm down or get the hell out.

crockspot
10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah, OMC's a good guy. How someone as mostly rational as him managed to stay on the DUmp for as long as he has without getting tombstoned I'll never know.
"I would have called the cops and had them haul him in with 'drunk and disorderly' or something."
I think an outburst like that would qualify as Harassment and possibly Disturbing the Peace, since it's a public setting.

I believe OMC WAS tombstoned in the past, and ended up over here. I could be thinking about someone else though.

BadCat
10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
I believe OMC WAS tombstoned in the past, and ended up over here. I could be thinking about someone else though.

I don't think he got the granite. I think he did come over and thank us for the kind words when his wife passed away, since the DUmmies were, let's say...unfriendly, about it.

Goldwater
10-29-2008, 06:16 PM
The DU guy sounds pretty insane from his own story, so reality was probably much worse.

SarasotaRepub
10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
A McCain win would add so much entertainment value to our lives. :D

Holy smoke...if this happens...the "revolution threads", "I'm leaving the country threads"...it will be comedy gold X 1000. :D

Doc Savage
10-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I read it fast and thought it said "I got off in Starbucks". I imagined some newlywed with his new partner going at it in the corner in front of a church group or something, but alas, it was only a bouncy......

marinejcksn
10-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Oh, and I find it pretty suspicious that when the OP exploded like that, none of the Starbucks employees walked up to her and asked her to either calm down or get the hell out.

I know, right? Regardless of political views, standing up and screaming profanity would've gotten them tossed on their ear in my neck of the woods. Especially swearing when females and kids are present....I'm in the military where we cuss a blue streak and even I know that goes without saying. :p

cat714
10-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Didn't Obama encourage his supporters to yell and get in the faces of those who oppose him??? LOL!

If this story is true, this idiot took a chance by acting this way. You never know how people are going to react and this person could have gotten their ass kicked...although it would be justified IMO. :D Obviously this @$$ clown has no respect for other peoples' opinion and he/she should have just minded their own business. I have gone to places where people were talking crap about McCain and I would just migrate somewhere else if I didn't want to hear it.

Coffee shops are where the liberal cockroaches like to hang out. I went into a Starbucks tonight and I felt like I was in hippieville.

Constitutionally Speaking
10-30-2008, 05:29 AM
OMC is what the Democratic party USED to be.

Pro- America and patriotic. Wrong - but still patriotic.

That party has died and we are worse off for it.

Scarlet
10-30-2008, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=cat714;72428]Didn't Obama encourage his supporters to yell and get in the faces of those who oppose him??? LOL!

Yes he did. Argue. Yell. Get in thier face. He also said, if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun. Hate speech. He sounds like a thug from the southside.:D
________
Pregnant masturbation (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/916/masturbation/videos/1)

YupItsMe
10-30-2008, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=cat714;72428]Didn't Obama encourage his supporters to yell and get in the faces of those who oppose him??? LOL!

Yes he did. Argue. Yell. Get in thier face. He also said, if they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun. Hate speech. He is a thug from Chicago.:D

Fixed for accuracy