PDA

View Full Version : DC#BlackLivesMatter: We Call For ‘Defunding, Disorganizing And Dismantling The Police

Elspeth
01-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Well, they're finally being honest about their goals.

DC #BlackLivesMatter: We Call For ‘Defunding, Disorganizing And Dismantling The Police’
http://www.weaselzippers.us/248688-dc-blacklivesmatter-we-call-for-defunding-disorganizing-and-dismantling-the-police/

It’s like a cult-encounter group. It’s all about emotional reaction to conspiracy theories and lies that have been disproven.

Via Breitbart:

Black Lives Matter protesters held a rally Thursday night to protest the lack of indictment in the Tamir Rice and Sandra Bland cases. The rally of about 100 people blocked streets in DC’s Chinatown area, which is only a few blocks east of the White House.

One protester told local CBS affiliate WUSA9, “I hope to interrupt enough people’s New Years so they understand that this is serious. That Tamir Rice should have gotten justice. That Sandra Bland should have gotten justice.”

Video of the rally uploaded to YouTube shows one protest organizer, identified as Marybeth Onyeukwu, saying the lack of an indictment in the death of Sandra Bland was proof there is no hope for justice under the current system:

We’re talking about a system. The whole damn system is guilty as hell. There is no justice for us in this current system. So we’re not just protesting we are demanding a new world. And a new world means, I want you all to hear me, a new world means defunding, disorganizing and dismantling the police. It means defunding, disorganizing and dismantling the police.

This is not the first call to defund the police made by groups connected with Black Lives Matter. Last month an organizer for the Chicago chapter of the Black Youth Project appeared on MSNBC and said, “One of our major demands is that police be defunded and that that money used to fund police be used to fund black futures and be used to fund things our communities and things that we need.”

Retread
01-03-2016, 01:25 AM
Go for it! Shut down all law enforcement, send the guys and gals with the riot gear, shotguns and nightsticks over to the next city, county or state that actually respects them and then set up a set of publicly available street cams for the rest of us to watch as your neighborhood gets leveled.

Laoshi
01-03-2016, 06:55 AM
The telling statement for me was:
''The whole damn system is guilty as hell. There is no justice for us in this current system. So we’re not just protesting we are demanding a new world.’’
Which is what all this protesting is about – their parents were demanding the same thing in the 60s.

FlaGator
01-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Let the entire police force go on vacation for two weeks so they can see what things would be like after dismantling the police.

Dori
01-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Go for it! Shut down all law enforcement, send the guys and gals with the riot gear, shotguns and nightsticks over to the next city, county or state that actually respects them and then set up a set of publicly available street cams for the rest of us to watch as your neighborhood gets leveled.

I'm on board with that. Let them police themselves.

jediab
01-04-2016, 12:00 PM
I'm on board with that. Let them police themselves.

The funny thing is if they did try to police themselves, they would quickly discover that the new police would become worse than what they claim they had before.

Dori
01-04-2016, 12:21 PM
The funny thing is if they did try to police themselves, they would quickly discover that the new police would become worse than what they claim they had before.

Exactly. But I suspect that they would find some other "strawman" to blame for their predicaments.

Dan D. Doty
01-04-2016, 12:30 PM
Well, they're finally being honest about their goals.

DC #BlackLivesMatter: We Call For ‘Defunding, Disorganizing And Dismantling The Police’
http://www.weaselzippers.us/248688-dc-blacklivesmatter-we-call-for-defunding-disorganizing-and-dismantling-the-police/

It’s like a cult-encounter group. It’s all about emotional reaction to conspiracy theories and lies that have been disproven.

Via Breitbart:

Black Lives Matter protesters held a rally Thursday night to protest the lack of indictment in the Tamir Rice and Sandra Bland cases. The rally of about 100 people blocked streets in DC’s Chinatown area, which is only a few blocks east of the White House.

One protester told local CBS affiliate WUSA9, “I hope to interrupt enough people’s New Years so they understand that this is serious. That Tamir Rice should have gotten justice. That Sandra Bland should have gotten justice.”

Video of the rally uploaded to YouTube shows one protest organizer, identified as Marybeth Onyeukwu, saying the lack of an indictment in the death of Sandra Bland was proof there is no hope for justice under the current system:

We’re talking about a system. The whole damn system is guilty as hell. There is no justice for us in this current system. So we’re not just protesting we are demanding a new world. And a new world means, I want you all to hear me, a new world means defunding, disorganizing and dismantling the police. It means defunding, disorganizing and dismantling the police.

This is not the first call to defund the police made by groups connected with Black Lives Matter. Last month an organizer for the Chicago chapter of the Black Youth Project appeared on MSNBC and said, “One of our major demands is that police be defunded and that that money used to fund police be used to fund black futures and be used to fund things our communities and things that we need.”

Some people have no sense of reality ; they're under the delusion the cops cause crime the same way flies cause sh*t.

NJCardFan
01-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Question: If a police commissioner of a police department in a city like Detroit or Baltimore or NY came out today and said that as of right now they will no longer be patrolling in predominantly black neighborhoods, what do you think the reaction from BLM or the NAACP would be?

Elspeth
01-04-2016, 07:24 PM
Question: If a police commissioner of a police department in a city like Detroit or Baltimore or NY came out today and said that as of right now they will no longer be patrolling in predominantly black neighborhoods, what do you think the reaction from BLM or the NAACP would be?

Oh, I don't know. "Racism!!!" perhaps?

Deadliest Year In Baltimore History Ends With 344 Homicides
http://www.weaselzippers.us/248894-deadliest-year-in-baltimore-history-ends-with-344-homicides/

Thanks, Mayor Stephanie ‘Space To Destroy’ Rawlings-Blake!

Via Baltimore Sun:

Blood was shed in Baltimore at an unprecedented pace in 2015, with mostly young, black men shot to death in a near-daily crush of violence.

On a per-capita basis, the year was the deadliest ever in the city. The year’s tally of 344 homicides was second only to the record 353 in 1993, when Baltimore had about 100,000 more residents.

The killings were on pace with recent years in the early months of 2015 but skyrocketed after the unrest and rioting of late April. In five of the next eight months, killings topped 30 or 40 a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QLV1I4J_HU

Dori
01-04-2016, 08:37 PM

Isn't that what they want?