PDA

View Full Version : Chipotle Will Shut Down All Stores On February 8th

Apocalypse
01-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Chipotle announced today that it will be closing all of its stores from 11am to 3pm on February 8th.

During the close they will hold team meetings where they will discuss changes to the company to tighten food safety measures.

The shutdown comes after an E.coli outbreak made headlines at the end of October, with mutliple cases reported.

Chipotle reported that a norovirus sickened dozens at a Chipotle in Boston.

Chipotleís sales dropped 30% in December and they expect sales to drop even further to 14.6%.

During an investment conference, the executives reassured investors they are taking extensive measures to prevent another food scare.

Sixty samples of every 2,000 pounds of steak will now be tested before itís sent to stores.

Lawsuits have also been filed on behalf of customers sickened after eating at the chain.

Apache
01-15-2016, 10:14 PM
See what happens when you let the Dems in?

You shut down...\

noonwitch
01-19-2016, 11:05 AM
They just opened one near me, and it's dead most of the time I pass it. Nobody really wants to eat at Chipotle these days. I always like Baja Fresh better, but most of them closed.

Apocalypse
01-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Yea so now the company to battle the bad PR from the e coli mess. They are going to start offering "Free Food" now to get people in their stores.

Sorry, I'll pass on the stuff.

Dlr Pyro
01-19-2016, 02:37 PM
I'm done with that chain. My daughter and her husband ate there about 6 weeks ago on a Saturday and within a few hours were sick the rest of the weekend (their 2 young sons who were with my wife and I that weekend did not eat there and did not get sick).

My son-in-law didn't know about the reports of illness from other stores at the time and called their corporate offices to report that they had become sick after eating there and were given a cold response which basically said that they had not heard any reports from the store they ate at and that they would do nothing for them.

As a result of their uncaring attitude for customers who were giving feedback, they lost several customers for life.

ralph wiggum
01-19-2016, 03:30 PM
They just opened one near me, and it's dead most of the time I pass it. Nobody really wants to eat at Chipotle these days. I always like Baja Fresh better, but most of them closed.
We used to order Baja Fresh in suburban Chicago at work. Haven't seen one in years now, but it was always good. Also miss Boston Market.

SarasotaRepub
01-19-2016, 03:54 PM
We used to order Baja Fresh in suburban Chicago at work. Haven't seen one in years now, but it was always good. Also miss Boston Market.

We still have Boston Markets in FL near us.

SarasotaRepub
01-19-2016, 03:56 PM
I'm done with that chain. My daughter and her husband ate there about 6 weeks ago on a Saturday and within a few hours were sick the rest of the weekend (their 2 young sons who were with my wife and I that weekend did not eat there and did not get sick).

My son-in-law didn't know about the reports of illness from other stores at the time and called their corporate offices to report that they had become sick after eating there and were given a cold response which basically said that they had not heard any reports from the store they ate at and that they would do nothing for them.

As a result of their uncaring attitude for customers who were giving feedback, they lost several customers for life.

Wow, that was an incredibly crass and stupid way to handle that. They damn well
know people are leery at this point.

Dori
01-19-2016, 04:05 PM
It seems strange that this was so wide spread. Did they ever find out which foods were affected? I wonder if there was sabotage at work. Do their suppliers only sell to them and not to other restaurants?

ralph wiggum
01-19-2016, 04:21 PM
We still have Boston Markets in FL near us.
Yeah, they are mostly East Coast locations now. It was just kind of better to occasionally get that chicken/turkey/mashed potatoes/side rather than a burger for lunch.

At least Panera Bread is available. SLW probably remembers when it was called St. Louis Bread Company. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Love their Asiago Cheese bagels still.

noonwitch
01-19-2016, 04:33 PM

They changed their name to Baja Grill. There is still one in Troy, MI. I like them because they have fajitas. Chipotle does not. We have a couple Boston Markets around. I'm not a huge fan of their chicken, but they make a couple of really good sandwiches.

Max & Erma's just closed most of their Michigan locations over the weekend. I hadn't been to one in a while, but I always liked their burgers.

SarasotaRepub
01-19-2016, 05:25 PM
Yeah, they are mostly East Coast locations now. It was just kind of better to occasionally get that chicken/turkey/mashed potatoes/side rather than a burger for lunch.

At least Panera Bread is available. SLW probably remembers when it was called St. Louis Bread Company. [emoji1] [emoji1]

Love their Asiago Cheese bagels still.

They are STILL called St. Louis Bread Company in St. Louis, it's Panera everywhere else.
And I get the Asiagos by the dozen here in FL and MO and freeze em. They are the best!!!

Hawkgirl
01-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Well, I wasn't a regular customer but they had one in the same shopping plaza as my hair dresser, so I usually had one of their burritos after I would get my hair done for dinner. Never got sick, but with all this negative press, I'm staying away.

We also have a Panera's and a Boston Market in my neighborhood...I go to Panera's fairly regularly, BM, not so much....but like their food.

SVPete
01-19-2016, 09:10 PM
Boston Market ... I can think of at least three locations in our area (not close enough to each other to interfere with each other, unlike Subway).

Chipotle ... in our area they do offer fajitas, and have for quite a while. They also offer a protein they call "Sofritas", which is marinated and grilled shredded tofu (it's actually pretty tasty).

I go to a location near my home and another near my work. The latter seems busy, at lunch time at least. The one near my home seems less busy. I've been to both in the past two weeks and had no problem.

My speculation is that between growth and catering to GMO alarmists:

* Their training of management and line workers slipped, very seriously;

* They switched to smaller, more marginal suppliers who weren't as good with food safety, and who had to hire a lot of new people to handle Chipotle's volume, who were inadequately trained.

IOW, IMO, Chipotle let their training slip while growing, and catering to GMO alarmists bit them (and their customers). Their headquarters manglers seem to have been utterly unprepared for handling such a problem, and responded very poorly. My understanding is that they still have not figured out how it all happened, which means their tracking of suppliers/supplies and of who handled what on what shifts in their stores is very poor (I'm not saying those are easy to do, but both are things they should be doing or able to do).