PDA

View Full Version : Army And Marine Corps Chiefs: “It’s Time For Women To Start Registering For The Draft

Elspeth
02-02-2016, 11:01 PM
From the "Phyllis Shaffley was right" desk. Even without ERA, the feminists pushed their agenda anyway. These young "fainting couch feminists" (as Christina Hoff Sommers calls them) are soon going to find out: there are no "safe spaces" in combat.

Army And Marine Corps Chiefs: “It’s Time For Women To Start Registering For The Draft”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/02/02/army-and-marine-corps-chiefs-its-time-for-women-to-register-for-the-draft/

The top officers in the Army and Marine Corps testified on Tuesday that they believe it is time for women to register for future military drafts, following the Pentagon’s recent decision to open all jobs in combat units to female service members.

Gen. Mark A. Milley, chief of staff of the Army, and Gen. Robert B. Neller, the Marine Corps commandant, both said they were in favor of the change during an occasionally contentious Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on the forthcoming full integration of women in the military. They offered their opinions in response to a question from Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), who said that she also is in favor of the change.

“Senator, it’s my personal view that, based on this lifting of restrictions… every American who’s physically qualified should register for the draft,” Neller said.

After the hearing, Neller added in an short interview that any young American as a rite of passage should have to register for Selective Service.

“Now that the restrictions that exempted women from [combat jobs] don’t exist, then you’re a citizen of a United States,” Neller said. “It doesn’t mean you’re going to serve, but you go register.”

The comments are a first in the Defense Department. Previously, senior defense officials have said only that the issue would need to be researched following Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter’s historic decision in December to open all jobs in the military to women without exception.

Carter’s action allows women for the first time to apply for a variety of physically punishing positions, including Army and Marine Corps infantryman, as well as Special Operations jobs, including Navy SEAL and Green Beret. The Defense Department plans to begin implementing associated changes in training and evaluation by April 1...

freedumb2003
02-02-2016, 11:11 PM
Own it, feminazis!

Elspeth
02-02-2016, 11:14 PM
Own it, feminazis!

Amen.

The problem is that it will affect the daughters of conservatives as well.

Retread
02-02-2016, 11:32 PM
As if the registration will ever amount to anything again. I could get on my soapbox about service to country and the right to vote but..... THWI.

Elspeth
02-02-2016, 11:40 PM
As if the registration will ever amount to anything again. I could get on my soapbox about service to country and the right to vote but..... THWI.

I know. I've heard that argument.

However, don't assume that registration with Selective Service is just a formality. There will come a time when the government debt is so catastrophic that the military will not be able to afford its "volunteer army" with all its bennies. I don't think that time is too far off.

Retread
02-03-2016, 12:18 AM
I know. I've heard that argument.

However, don't assume that registration with Selective Service is just a formality. There will come a time when the government debt is so catastrophic that the military will not be able to afford its "volunteer army" with all its bennies. I don't think that time is too far off.

The way things are going, we won't have n army in another decade.

Elspeth
02-03-2016, 12:21 AM
The way things are going, we won't have n army in another decade.

They certainly seem to be working at destroying morale.

RobJohnson
02-03-2016, 05:25 AM
Own it, feminazis!

:biggrin-new:

noonwitch
02-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Own it, feminazis!

When women's rights are recognized in the Constitution, then they should have to register for the draft. No ERA, no registration.

BTW-my crazy, conspiracy theory fan friend swears that she had to register for the draft in 1982. I told her that girls didn't register. She still believes it.