PDA

View Full Version : Obama rally outside today...

biccat
10-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Apparently the Messiah is speaking to the Moines today at 11:30. I work in one of the buildings overlooking his speech center.

Gates open at 9:30 (central). Looks like there's about 15 people in line right now. :rolleyes:

biccat
10-31-2008, 09:34 AM
The "floodgates" are opening, they're pouring in by the threes now! Crowd size is maybe 200.

In contrast, when Sarah had her rally in Des Moines, the line stretched around the convention center block and down another. That was before the gates even opened at 12:30 (she spoke around 2:30), and more people kept showing up to wait in the line.

BadCat
10-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I think his half hour Husseinathon the other night did him in.
EVERYBODY is burned out on Barack.

biccat
10-31-2008, 09:46 AM
I think his half hour Husseinathon the other night did him in.
EVERYBODY is burned out on Barack.
The venue he picked may fill to capacity, but there's not enough room for the kind of crowd Sarah had. Less than a thousand there now, the space is nearly half full, and the trickle has all but dried up.

Plus it's in the center of a construction zone. Don't expect to see any shots from the air or sweeping panoramic views. Spectators are being fenced away from the heavy construction equipment in the area.

He could not have picked a worse place.

jinxmchue
10-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Got any water balloons and one of those three person launchers?

biccat
10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
Got any water balloons and one of those three person launchers?
Our windows don't open.

If they did, I probably would have a Secret Service agent standing over my shoulder right now.

biccat
10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
He has a freaking flag corps (think High School marching band)!

Who does that kind of crap?

edit: they appear to be German flags. :confused:

BadCat
10-31-2008, 10:34 AM

You didn't expect American flags did you?

linda22003
10-31-2008, 10:55 AM

Show us a picture.

biccat
10-31-2008, 10:57 AM
Show us a picture.
The flaggots are gone now. Looked like your typical "flag girl" flags with a stripe of black on top and orangish towards the bottom.

Also, I'm too far away to get a good picture of individuals

biccat
10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Crap. The BS show has started and I can hear their rants.

Something about "kristallnacht" and "Der ewige Jude."

linda22003
10-31-2008, 11:12 AM
The flaggots are gone now. Looked like your typical "flag girl" flags with a stripe of black on top and orangish towards the bottom.

Halloween colors. Princeton colors. Maybe the colors of the high school in question.

biccat
10-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Halloween colors. Princeton colors. Maybe the colors of the high school in question.
Probably.

Anyway, here's a picture from a few minutes ago (hope it works):
https://www.msu.edu/~sharpfre/IMG00025.jpg

(image copyright me and only me, licensed only for publication at CU and nowhere else. Any reproductions, downloads, or other distribution or publication are unauthorized. Email me and I might give you permission to use it)