PDA

View Full Version : 10 pounds of bat guano found above Fla. official’s desk

SVPete
03-16-2016, 07:48 AM
10 pounds of bat guano found above Fla. official’s desk (http://www.wwltv.com/news/nation-now/10-pounds-of-bat-guano-found-above-fla-officials-desk/79444735)
WWL
2:06 PM. CST March 12, 2016

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — The state agency charged with inspecting Florida's restaurants and hotels has a festering infestation lingering overhead — literally.

Ten pounds of bat feces were found Thursday in the ceiling above the desk of Department of Business and Professional Regulation Secretary Ken Lawson, located in Northwood Centre.

The find comes amid a surprise effort by the Florida Legislature to move 1,500 state employees out of the building this summer after reports of mold and other environmental problems. Pending Gov. Rick Scott's signing of the budget, employees will begin moving out in the coming weeks and months.
Hmmmm ... maybe there's a reason some bureaucrats' regs are ........

SarasotaRepub
03-16-2016, 07:52 AM
Exactly! :biggrin-new:

SVPete
03-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Heard about this story yesterday during my AM commute (Brian Sussman, who occasionally subs for Mark Levin). The irony of bat guano being found above the desk of the official in charge of restaurant and hotel inspection was too great to forego.

The background of this story is that the building is leased, not owned, by the State of FL, and the owners, evidently, have not taken the best care of it.

noonwitch
03-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Heard about this story yesterday during my AM commute (Brian Sussman, who occasionally subs for Mark Levin). The irony of bat guano being found above the desk of the official in charge of restaurant and hotel inspection was too great to forego.

The background of this story is that the building is leased, not owned, by the State of FL, and the owners, evidently, have not taken the best care of it.

My current office is not too bad. We just got new carpet! The building was built in 1998, so it's not that old.

The office I worked at when I was new was just nasty. The building has since been torn down. It was 7 stories, had elevators that constantly broke down, bugs, rats, and they never, ever cleaned out the vents. Every spring when they turned the a/c on and every fall when they turned the furnace on, everyone would get sick. Ear infections, eye infections, etc. Plus, as this building and my current office were rental properties, at that one we had a drunken building manager, who could hardly sit up or walk on most days. We were next to the railroad tracks, so if you had a window seat overlooking them, you could watch the vagrants pee against the building.

SaintLouieWoman
03-17-2016, 03:31 PM
My current office is not too bad. We just got new carpet! The building was built in 1998, so it's not that old.

The office I worked at when I was new was just nasty. The building has since been torn down. It was 7 stories, had elevators that constantly broke down, bugs, rats, and they never, ever cleaned out the vents. Every spring when they turned the a/c on and every fall when they turned the furnace on, everyone would get sick. Ear infections, eye infections, etc. Plus, as this building and my current office were rental properties, at that one we had a drunken building manager, who could hardly sit up or walk on most days. We were next to the railroad tracks, so if you had a window seat overlooking them, you could watch the vagrants pee against the building.

Now I'll never complain about my former office. They built a new, architecturally neat building, but the owner situated it in an area where they gave those good old tax abatements.

I used to complain that I never got a desk with a window view. After they gave me a nice corner office with lots of glass, I then regretted my efforts for that window seat. I started noticing the bullet holes in the windows and became much more efficient in preparing my proposals for the next day. I became the paper work queen as I did NOT want to leave that building when it was dark in the winter. I was out of there---and quickly---after work.

noonwitch
03-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Now I'll never complain about my former office. They built a new, architecturally neat building, but the owner situated it in an area where they gave those good old tax abatements.

I used to complain that I never got a desk with a window view. After they gave me a nice corner office with lots of glass, I then regretted my efforts for that window seat. I started noticing the bullet holes in the windows and became much more efficient in preparing my proposals for the next day. I became the paper work queen as I did NOT want to leave that building when it was dark in the winter. I was out of there---and quickly---after work.

My current office is fine, though, but I don't want to be here after dark. Detroit is really pretty safe in the daylight.

Rockntractor
03-18-2016, 10:21 AM
There are several pounds of shit hanging over the desk of every public official and politician in the country, it is long past time to remove it.