PDA

View Full Version : Is every Black in America going to vote for Obama?

gator
06-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I think every Black in America is going to vote for Obama. I can not see even a Black Conservatives like JC Watts not doing the dirty deed.

This campaign is about race, pure and simple.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080614/ap_on_el_pr/black_conservatives_obama

Black conservatives conflicted on Obama campaign By FREDERIC J. FROMMER, Associated Press Writer
Sat Jun 14, 7:18 PM ET

WASHINGTON - Black conservative talk show host Armstrong Williams has never voted for a Democrat for president. That could change this year with Barack Obama as the Democratic Party's nominee.

"I don't necessarily like his policies; I don't like much that he advocates, but for the first time in my life, history thrusts me to really seriously think about it," Williams said. "I can honestly say I have no idea who I'm going to pull that lever for in November. And to me, that's incredible."

Just as Obama has touched black Democratic voters, he has engendered conflicting emotions among black Republicans. They revel over the possibility of a black president but wrestle with the thought that the Illinois senator doesn't sit beside them ideologically.

"Among black conservatives," Williams said, "they tell me privately, it would be very hard to vote against him in November."

J.C. Watts, a former Oklahoma congressman who once was part of the GOP House leadership, said he's thinking of voting for Obama. Watts said he's still a Republican, but he criticizes his party for neglecting the black community. Black Republicans, he said, have to concede that while they might not agree with Democrats on issues, at least that party reaches out to them.

"And Obama highlights that even more," Watts said, adding that he expects Obama to take on issues such as poverty and urban policy. "Republicans often seem indifferent to those things."

Likewise, retired Gen. Colin Powell, who became the country's first black secretary of state under President George W. Bush, said both candidates are qualified and that he will not necessarily vote for the Republican.

nightflight
06-15-2008, 08:59 AM
I bet Thomas Sowell won't!

Watts said he's still a Republican, but he criticizes his party for neglecting the black community. Black Republicans, he said, have to concede that while they might not agree with Democrats on issues, at least that party reaches out to them.

Huh???? The Democrats are notorious for assuming the black vote is in the bag; and they are always right.
I guess J.C. doesn't mind supporting the party that calls him and other black conservatives "Uncle Toms".

namvet
06-15-2008, 09:43 AM
I think it may be the other way around. many blacks ive talked to are not voting for him. why??? he does NOT reconize them. or the black community. but hey Osama is a 1/2 breed. I think he's relying more on the young white liberals. who are froze in his headlights. weak willed and weak minded.

SarasotaRepub
06-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey, if you want higher taxes and a weaker military, vote Barack Osama Obama.
BOO! :D

LibraryLady
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Not Michael Steele

Michael Steele, the Republican former lieutenant governor of Maryland who lost a Senate race there in 2006, said he is proud of Obama as a black man, but that “come November, I will do everything in my power to defeat him.” Electing Obama, he said, would not automatically solve the woes of the black community. “I think people who try to put this sort of messianic mantle on Barack’s nomination are a little bit misguided,” he said.

namvet
06-15-2008, 11:08 AM

what military???? probably gonna look like the Carter admin. no military..............

Goldwater
06-15-2008, 12:01 PM
People who think racism will be gone or some kind of record will be set if Obama wins are fools.

lacarnut
06-15-2008, 12:26 PM

My guess is that 80 to 90 per cent of civilians will vote for him. Blacks in the military might vote in greater numbers for McCain because of pay and cuts in the military .

Independents are the voters that decide elections. Most blacks and white liberals will vote for a Democrat. One of Obama's biggest problems is appealing to centrist voters who do not like his 100% liberal voting record. Also, Mexicans do not like blacks and vice versa. McCain will get a bigger percentage than any Repub. has. I think it is going to be another slaughter like Dukakis.

Zathras
06-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I think he's relying more on the young white liberals. who are froze in his headlights. weak willed and weak minded.

I can think of one young black voter that fits in with the voters you mentioned...the gutless, cowardly, lying, waste of skin known as Eyelids.

vetwife
06-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh Clarence Thomas won't be.

CLibertarian
06-15-2008, 01:25 PM
My guess is that 80 to 90 per cent of civilians will vote for him. Blacks in the military might vote in greater numbers for McCain because of pay and cuts in the military .

Independents are the voters that decide elections. Most blacks and white liberals will vote for a Democrat. One of Obama's biggest problems is appealing to centrist voters who do not like his 100% liberal voting record. Also, Mexicans do not like blacks and vice versa. McCain will get a bigger percentage than any Repub. has. I think it is going to be another slaughter like Dukakis.

Interesting prediction. Even though I'm not fond of McCain, I'm far less fond of Obama. I hope--sort of-- that your prediction is true.

Goldwater
06-15-2008, 02:18 PM
I think Obama is going to win, as well suited as McCain can be to win a general election, I don't see it happening.

gator
06-15-2008, 03:05 PM

One thing you can give Ron Paul credit for is raising the conscience of a few real Conservatives. I know there were 86,000 of us here in Florida.

These real Conservatives are not going to vote for a big government NeoCon simply because the NeoCon is the lesser of two evils. Not any more.

McCain will lose at least a million conservative votes nationwide that normally would have gone to the NeoCon. I don't know if that will make a difference or not but it could.

lacarnut
06-15-2008, 03:14 PM
One thing you can give Ron Paul credit for is raising the conscience of a few real Conservatives. I know there were 86,000 of us here in Florida.

These real Conservatives are not going to vote for a big government NeoCon simply because the NeoCon is the lesser of two evils. Not any more.

McCain will lose at least a million conservative votes nationwide that normally would have gone to the NeoCon. I don't know if that will make a difference or not but it could.

If you are telling me that a 100% of the folks that voted for Paul will stay home, that is a crock of crap and you know it. My guess is that the majority will vote for McCain or a 3rd party candidate. They sure as hell will not vote for Obama.

lacarnut
06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Interesting prediction. Even though I'm not fond of McCain, I'm far less fond of Obama. I hope--sort of-- that your prediction is true.

I am in the same boat. I don't like McCain either but when push comes to shove many conservatives will vote for McCain. I also think the polls will show on election day that Obama is ahead because the media wants him to win, and also that conservatives are less than enthusiastic about McCain but will pull the lever for him. Even someone like Gator.

gator
06-15-2008, 04:08 PM
If you are telling me that a 100% of the folks that voted for Paul will stay home, that is a crock of crap and you know it. My guess is that the majority will vote for McCain or a 3rd party candidate. They sure as hell will not vote for Obama.

Ron Paul got 1.2 million nationwide with McCain clinching the nomination pretty early.

We will see how many like myself that will not waste our vote on the lesser of two evils.

Lanie
06-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I think every Black in America is going to vote for Obama. I can not see even a Black Conservatives like JC Watts not doing the dirty deed.

This campaign is about race, pure and simple.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080614/ap_on_el_pr/black_conservatives_obama

That was stereotypical.

I know of blacks who are not voting for Obama this November. I also know of blacks who are only voting for Obama because Hillary lost (meaning they voted for Hillary in the primary).

Lanie
06-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey, if you want a man honest enough to admit he doesn't care about the price of gas, vote Barack Osama Obama.

fixed. Hehe.

mike128
06-15-2008, 04:47 PM
I am in the same boat. I don't like McCain either but when push comes to shove many conservatives will vote for McCain. I also think the polls will show on election day that Obama is ahead because the media wants him to win, and also that conservatives are less than enthusiastic about McCain but will pull the lever for him. Even someone like Gator.
Conservatives will not vote for McCain if he selects a liberal like Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or Hutchison as his VP running mate. Myself included.

vetwife
06-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Every black person is not going to vote Obama. However, about 80 percent will.
When another poster talked about the crazy rw taking up arms if Obama wins, then
one must know that there is a possibility of problems if he don't. Either scenerio is not
pretty.

The only way there will not be trouble is if there is a landslide in bibilical proportions r or L and
I don't see that happening.

I have said it before and I will say it again. This is going to be a very unusual year.
I think a black person has as much right to run for the presidency and win as any white person.
I think a woman has a right to as well. Depends on the candidates of choice.
Many people do not see things this way.
If Bush can get elected...anyone can.

lacarnut
06-15-2008, 06:01 PM
SOME Conservatives will not vote for McCain if he selects a liberal like Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or Hutchison as his VP running mate. Myself included.
FIXED

The majority will vote for him including myself. I vote for the top of the ticket like most people.

Space Gravy
06-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Oh Clarence Thomas won't be.

or Dr. Rice.

SarasotaRepub
06-15-2008, 06:38 PM
FIXED

The majority will vote for him including myself. I vote for the top of the ticket like most people.

Yep. Why would Conservatives vote for a POS like Osama Obama? Look at Iraq, Obama made one trip there. He isn't interested in finding out how things are going, he's just interested in using McCains comment about US troops there for 100 years. He's made his mind up on Iraq which is why he hasn't gone back. I would have a little respect for him if he had take McCain up on his offer to visit Iraq together. Instead he did exactly what I thought he'd do and said no.

mike128
06-16-2008, 05:08 PM
FIXED

That's assuming the "lesser of two evils" propaganda from GOP strategists still works as well as it did 10 years ago.

Conservatives have been buying into voting for the "lesser of two evils" Republican candadite argument for more than 10 years now, only to get sand kicked in their faces once the election was over, and it was too late. McCain's first, and most important decision that he will make prior to Election Day, will be who he selects as his VP running mate. This decision will be a clear indication of the direction that McCain wants to take the Republican Party in the future.

Then there's the age issue. I seriously doubt that conservatives are going to rush to the polls to vote for a McCain ticket with some loopy liberal possibly being a single heartbeat away from the presidency, especially given McCain's age.

ralph wiggum
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
or Dr. Rice.

or Walter Williams.

lacarnut
06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
That's assuming the "lesser of two evils" propaganda from GOP strategists still works as well as it did 10 years ago.

Conservatives have been buying into voting for the "lesser of two evils" Republican candadite argument for more than 10 years now, only to get sand kicked in their faces once the election was over, and it was too late. McCain's first, and most important decision that he will make prior to Election Day, will be who he selects as his VP running mate. This decision will be a clear indication of the direction that McCain wants to take the Republican Party in the future.

Then there's the age issue. I seriously doubt that conservatives are going to rush to the polls to vote for a McCain ticket with some loopy liberal possibly being a single heartbeat away from the presidency, especially given McCain's age.

The only conservatives that will base their decision whether they vote for McCain based on the VP are the loopy ones. I would like to see him pick Newt. However, any Repub that he picks for VP is better than a left wing liberal Marxist like Obama.

mike128
06-16-2008, 10:42 PM
The only conservatives that will base their decision whether they vote for McCain based on the VP are the loopy ones. I would like to see him pick Newt. However, any Repub that he picks for VP is better than a left wing liberal Marxist like Obama.
I like Newt too. If Newt gets tapped as McCain's VP, then problem solved. But if McCain decides to tell conservatives to go screw themselves by selecting Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or some other liberal, don't be surprised by just how many conservatives will either sit the election out, or vote the ticket down.

Eyelids
06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Yep. Why would Conservatives vote for a POS like Osama Obama? Look at Iraq, Obama made one trip there. He isn't interested in finding out how things are going, he's just interested in using McCains comment about US troops there for 100 years. He's made his mind up on Iraq which is why he hasn't gone back. I would have a little respect for him if he had take McCain up on his offer to visit Iraq together. Instead he did exactly what I thought he'd do and said no.

You're fucking ridiculous.

If Obama does anything McCain asks him to do suddenly the dialog becomes "Look at how spineless Obama is!" These games the GOP tries to play arent working anymore, and the polls back me there.

lacarnut
06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
I like Newt too. If Newt gets tapped as McCain's VP, then problem solved. But if McCain decides to tell conservatives to go screw themselves by selecting Romney, Rice, Giuliani, Powell or some other liberal, don't be surprised by just how many conservatives will either sit the election out, or vote the ticket down.

Some conservatives express your view but when you consider the alternative and difference between a McCain vs Obama Presidency, I think most conservatives will hold their nose and vote for McCain. Additionally, the election is 6 months off and we will be learning more and more about the magic negro. I don't think we will be surprised at any earth shattering news about McCains background or policies. Not so with Obama.

The liberal media will come after McCain along with the loons on the left. That may backfire and make people sympathetic towards him. Look what happens when Bush is attacked unfairly. I am not a fan of Bush but get pissed when the media dumps on him or fabricates incidents.

lacarnut
06-16-2008, 11:12 PM
You're fucking ridiculous.

If Obama does anything McCain asks him to do suddenly the dialog becomes "Look at how spineless Obama is!" These games the GOP tries to play arent working anymore, and the polls back me there.

Obama is too chickenshit to go to Iraq; fyi, the polls are meaningless at this stage. You are not very good at this are you?

Eyelids
06-17-2008, 02:18 AM
Obama is too chickenshit to go to Iraq; fyi, the polls are meaningless at this stage. You are not very good at this are you?

The polls can be off 6-8% in either direction from June 16th to November:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3019/2579252924_b23343ff7d_o.png

Its never meaningless to gauge the opinion of the American people.

Aklover
06-17-2008, 03:59 AM
All about pigment to them. The doublestandard continues unabaded.

AmPat
06-17-2008, 05:47 AM
If all Whites will vote for McCain we can win this thing. Maybe we can all band together and at least 90% of the registered White voters vote for McCain then Obama is a historical footnote.:rolleyes::cool:

Gee, doesn't sound so good coming from the "White" angle does it? Blacks voting for Obama because of his color are BIGOTS. BIGOTS I say!:eek:

jeskibuff
06-17-2008, 06:09 AM
If all Whites will vote for McCain we can win this thing.But if Obama figures out how to unite the African-Americans, the blacks and the negroes, that's a force to be reckoned with! :D

lacarnut
06-17-2008, 11:47 PM
But if Obama figures out how to unite the African-Americans, the blacks and the negroes, that's a force to be reckoned with! :D
Browns do not like blacks so the Mexicans are going to vote for McCain in huge numbers. That's the wild card that these polls are not taking into consideration. It is going to be a slaughter.

Zathras
06-18-2008, 01:04 AM

Heh heh, and we're the ones they call racists.

vetwife
06-18-2008, 10:12 AM
I fear the scary white man a lot more than the black man.:rolleyes:
We are in the 21st century. This should not even be about race. But yet
here we are......and Jim Crow politics again raises it ugly head. Colin Powell by the
way is contemplating voting Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280115,00.html

Molon Labe
06-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I bet Thomas Sowell won't!

Huh???? The Democrats are notorious for assuming the black vote is in the bag; and they are always right.
I guess J.C. doesn't mind supporting the party that calls him and other black conservatives "Uncle Toms".

I'll bet Shelby Steele will not either

Sowell and Steele are two of the best examples of what the black community lacks with regards to strong leadership. Unfortunately they are left with the bottom dwellers such as Sharpton and Jackson as the voices of the black community..

AlmostThere
06-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Ron Paul got 1.2 million nationwide with McCain clinching the nomination pretty early.

We will see how many like myself that will not waste our vote on the lesser of two evils.
I know you are a hard-core RP supporter. Fine. But when one evil is so much worse than another, you can consider a vote for either a waste? If Obama wins, we will relish the good old days of the Carter administration. Love McCain or hate him, he can't be worse than the alternative. One of those two men will be the most powerful man on this planet. I personally can see the sense of choosing the lesser of two evils.

AmPat
06-18-2008, 11:03 PM
I fear the scary white man a lot more than the black man.:rolleyes:
We are in the 21st century. This should not even be about race. But yet
here we are......and Jim Crow politics again raises it ugly head. Colin Powell by the
way is contemplating voting Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280115,00.html

I believe you are missing the point. The point is that THIS Black man is a FLAMING LIBERAL. I don't give a rat's red (you know what) his color is,,,,,,,,,His politics SUCK!

He is a populist shiny object that6 has no business presuming he can run this country. He is wet behind the ears and has a flawed world concept (based upon the "poor-pitiful-Black-Man" world view).

To refuse to vote like some have said: "for the lesser of two evils" is self destructive. You might as well give this liberal the W.H. now.

gator
06-19-2008, 06:57 AM
I know you are a hard-core RP supporter. Fine.

Why do you say that?

I reluctantly voted for him in the Florida Primaries. I did that more as a protest against the fact that there were no other Conservatives on the ballots. Just Liberals and big government NeoCons.

I don’t really think he would have made a good President and I disagree with him on several major issues but at least he understands the problems. That is more than you can say for the Liberals and big government NeoCons. They don't have a clue.

Elspeth
06-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Not Michael Steele

I'm surprised he hasn't been called a self-hating black and a traitor. Or just plain racist.

Molon Labe
06-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Its never meaningless to gauge the opinion of the American people.

How do you think the American people will react this time since the Democrats were elected in 06' to Congress to, specifically, end the war... and did no such thing. Think there will be some retribution?.... I do.

AlmostThere
06-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Why do you say that?

I reluctantly voted for him in the Florida Primaries. I did that more as a protest against the fact that there were no other Conservatives on the ballots. Just Liberals and big government NeoCons.

I donít really think he would have made a good President and I disagree with him on several major issues but at least he understands the problems. That is more than you can say for the Liberals and big government NeoCons. They don't have a clue.

I've gotten the impression you were a Ron Paul supporter, all the way. If not, my bad. :o

willat
06-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Obama is a mulatto, half black and half white. Though it seems that he and the media want it to be assumed that he is black, they hardly ever state (if at all) that he is as much white as he is black.

Maybe they think that blacks may not vote for him if they think he is not one of them? They love to tout how he is the first black this and the first black that. It would kind of ruin it if they said he's the first mulatto this and the first mulatto that. Would not really inspire the black vote, they might actually resent him.

du freeper
06-21-2008, 09:00 PM

Not so much of a "crock of crap" as you would imagine. I would personally say more like 95% will stay at home or do a "write in" as I plan to do. I was a life long NeoCon republican. I am a Ron Paul supporter who will not vote for the likes of McCain. I will not vote the "lesser of two evils" any more. You underestimate the resolve of the Ron Paul supporters not to be satisfied with the status quo any longer.

AlmostThere
06-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Not so much of a "crock of crap" as you would imagine. I would personally say more like 95% will stay at home or do a "write in" as I plan to do. I was a life long NeoCon republican. I am a Ron Paul supporter who will not vote for the likes of McCain. I will not vote the "lesser of two evils" any more. You underestimate the resolve of the Ron Paul supporters not to be satisfied with the status quo any longer.
I've got to ask. How exactly will you writing in a candidate's name that will not win, change the status quo ante bellum? It may make you feel better, but what else?

lacarnut
06-24-2008, 01:22 AM

That is a pretty lame excuse for not voting for McCain in my opinion. If you are okay with this country being in grave danger from terrorist attack with Obama as Prez or that your taxes will go up considerably, then go for it. I for one do not want a repeat of an 9/11 attack or a repeat of the Carter years. If you think it can not happen again, suffer the consequences if Obama is elected.

xavierob82
06-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Yeah, because blacks voted 90% for Al Gore and John Kerry, for no other reason except that Gore and Kerry are black men.

Racist bastards.

AmPat
06-26-2008, 02:20 AM
Yeah, because blacks voted 90% for Al Gore and John Kerry, for no other reason except that Gore and Kerry are black men.

Racist bastards.

NEWS FLASH:

AL Gore and John Kerry are not Black and are not running this year. Do try to keep up will you?

Aklover
06-26-2008, 02:46 AM

Racist bastards.

They have always went Democrat for as long as they have been allowed to vote. The same is probably true of women too just not to that proportion. However there has never been a credible black candidate, thus I bet more blacks vote in this election by a wide margin when compared to previous elections.

99.99% will be for Obama and no one will be shocked as to why. People who are easily offended by the truth are weak. I end up discussing politics quite often I have yet to find an Obama supporter with any clue or substance in argument in person. But it is interesting to pint out that once you frag a few layers of bullshit arguments out of the way and force someone to spit out the truth of why they support him the argument stops dead. To end racism in America you have to do away with double-standards no ifs, ands, or buts.