PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Dick Durbin's daughter dies

SarasotaRepub
11-01-2008, 08:34 PM
(CNN) -- The daughter of Sen. Dick Durbin died Saturday from a congenital heart condition, the Illinois Democrat's office said.

"Chris Durbin, 40, fought a heroic lifelong battle with heart disease and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Durbin family," said Durbin's spokesman, Joe Shoemaker.

Linky (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/01/dick.durbin.daughter/index.html)

Bubba Dawg
11-01-2008, 08:45 PM
I didn't know. God he must be in agony. I can only imagine.

Prayers for the family. May she rest in peace.

megimoo
11-01-2008, 08:45 PM
(CNN) -- The daughter of Sen. Dick Durbin died Saturday from a congenital heart condition, the Illinois Democrat's office said.

"Chris Durbin, 40, fought a heroic lifelong battle with heart disease and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Durbin family," said Durbin's spokesman, Joe Shoemaker.

Linky (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/01/dick.durbin.daughter/index.html)
Poor guy .As much as I hate his political life I wish him peace and mercy in his and the rest of his family's anguish .RIP Chris Durbin !

Goldwater
11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I echo Megimoo's sentiments.

jediab
11-01-2008, 09:29 PM
That is my worst fear as a new parent. Living long enough to see your child die. Horrible to think about. My prayers to the family.

Eyelids
11-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Luckily for Durbin his seat is wrapped up and he wont have to do any campaigning over the next couple of days...

Terrible that this happened.

Bubba Dawg
11-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Luckily for Durbin his seat is wrapped up and he wont have to do any campaigning over the next couple of days...

I appreciate that he won't have to worry about his seat...but I have a sense that his political position is of little consequence to him now.

Such a loss has to put everything else, including politics, into perspective.

There was a day when she was his little girl. And she always was and always will be.

Nothing else matters.

marinejcksn
11-02-2008, 12:18 AM
RIP. May her family find peace and know she's in a much greater place then this.

PoliCon
11-02-2008, 10:19 AM
wait . . . . aren't we supposed to celebrate and wish him death too like they do on DU?

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord and may the perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and all the souls of the faithfully depart, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

Elspeth
11-02-2008, 10:40 AM
wait . . . . aren't we supposed to celebrate and wish him death too like they do on DU?

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord and may the perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and all the souls of the faithfully depart, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

Thank God you don't do that here.

He has got to be in such pain right now.

MrsSmith
11-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Losing a child at any age is the worst thing that can happen to the parents...and I'm sure there are many other family members and friends that are grieving. May God grant them peace in their hearts.

d_va
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Warm thoughts and heartfelt condolences to the Durbin family over their loss.

biccat
11-02-2008, 06:55 PM

Is this really the time to be political?

Best wishes for the Durbin family, I hope they get through this. Losing a child has to be one of the most difficult situations ever.

40 is far too young. :(

Eyelids
11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
His job shouldn't be put in jeopardy because his daughter died...

PoliCon
11-02-2008, 09:22 PM
nope. You're right.

His job should be in jeopardy because he's a slime bag.

Eyelids
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
very classy.

Troll
11-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Prayers, Senator.

PoliCon
11-02-2008, 11:03 PM
very classy.what because his daughter dies he should get re-elected? I feel for his loss - but I'd feel better if he had a different loss - a loss of power.

YupItsMe
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I appreciate that he won't have to worry about his seat...but I have a sense that his political position is of little consequence to him now.

There was a day when she was his little girl. And she always was and always will be.
Nothing else matters.

Thanks. Damn now I seem to have something in my eyes.

PoliCon
11-03-2008, 09:00 PM

Nothing else matters.
You gotta be careful projecting human feeling onto a leftist like this. YES we can hope that this is what he thinks and feels . . . . but with the left you can never be certain.

crockspot
11-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Durbin's daughter, Obama's granny.... who has Lord Rove chosen for the third? The Wellstone Ray always works in threes....

PoliCon
11-04-2008, 01:10 PM
:eek: rotfl!