PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Supreme Court to hear Drew Peterson appeal on ‘12 murder conviction

RobJohnson
03-30-2016, 11:35 PM
CHICAGO — Illinois’ highest court agreed Wednesday to hear an appeal in the case of Drew Peterson, who is asking the court to toss out his 2012 conviction in the notorious murder of his third wife.

“It means that maybe someone’s finally gonna listen,” said Steven Greenberg, an attorney for Peterson. “I don’t think they would say, ‘We’re gonna hear the case,’ if they didn’t think there was a problem. Clearly, they think there was some problem.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/illinois-supreme-court-to-hear-drew-peterson-appeal-on-%e2%80%9812-murder-conviction/ar-BBra1WG

oldcoastie1
03-31-2016, 09:17 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the only problem was too short a prison sentence. Or too long............

noonwitch
03-31-2016, 11:46 AM
We had two recent cases in metro Detroit in which the convicted are going to appeal. The first is a girl who plotted with a boyfriend to kill her family and actually cut her brother's throat, the charges were conspiracy and assault with intent. She was 16, I think, at the time of the crime and was tried as an adult. Her family is supporting her and claims the boyfriend manipulated her. She got 20 years, which I think is pretty fair. She does have a look of serious mental health problems in her expressions and posture, there may be an appellate basis due to it, I don't know. If she hadn't actually cut her brother, I'd be more sympathetic. She took a plea, though, so her appellate rights could be few.

The other one was this scumbag who grabbed and choked a 14 year old girl to death on the Orchard hike/bike trail in the northern townships. He got live without parole, which is the max in MI. His prison life is going to be rough. There are three kinds of people who live in the northern Macomb townships: farmers, former bikers, and the basic townsfolk the you have in every area.

The farmers and the townsfolk had their say on the jury. The bikers will have theirs through their friends in prison. That case pisses me off because the victim looked like my niece.

oldcoastie1
03-31-2016, 12:15 PM
Peterson has been a cocky smartass for the entire time of his custody. He is a scumbag.

ralph wiggum
03-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Peterson has been a cocky smartass for the entire time of his custody. He is a scumbag.
Yep. And IIRC, didn't his first one of his other wives also disappear mysteriously?

RobJohnson
04-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Yep. And IIRC, didn't his first one of his other wives also disappear mysteriously?

Yes, there were one or two others then went missing. A lot of boating accidents. :biggrin-new: