PDA

View Full Version : For Fired-Up Electorate,

LogansPapa
11-04-2008, 12:45 PM
It's Duty, Honor, Country On Chaotic Decision Day

By RICK KLEIN with HOPE DITTO / Nov. 4, 2008

My friends, it's time to turn the page. You betcha, literally.

From Wasilla to Wilmington, whether you're a plumber or a superdelegate, a Wright or a Wurzelbacher, a hopemonger or a pitbull or Miss Congeniality, That One or The One or Joe Sixpack, it's all over but the voting now.

That would be 19 hours of voting -- with the first polls having opened at 6 am ET in eastern states (and long lines forming early) and the last polls closing at 1 am ET Wednesday in Alaska. (Alas, no one votes at 3 am.)

From mavericks to "my friends," plumbers to pigs wearing lipstick, the longest and most expensive... Expand
From mavericks to "my friends," plumbers to pigs wearing lipstick, the longest and most expensive campaign in history has finally reached its end. All that remains is a definitive answer as to who will reside at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. on January 21, 2009. Collapse

Your bitter fundamentals: 35 Senate races, 435 House races, 11 governor's contests, ballot initiatives from a ban on gay marriage in California to a ban on the income tax in Massachusetts -- and a little big thing known as the presidency being decided in 50 states plus the District of Columbia.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/TheNote/story?id=3105288&page=1