View Full Version : Wilting Bush: absentee vote for President

11-04-2008, 07:40 PM

Annabel Crabb in Cleveland, Ohio / November 4, 2008

What with all the shopping about for a new president in America, barely anyone has noticed that the existing one has - for all intents and purposes - disappeared.

George Bush is nowhere to be seen on the campaign trail.

According to his office, the President of the United States will not this year observe his usual custom of voting publicly in his home town of Crawford, Texas.

Instead, Mr and Mrs Bush have already lodged absentee ballots and will spend Tuesday night (Washington time) watching the election on television in the White House.

The Bush Administration is so unpopular that endorsement of a candidate by any of its figureheads amounts to a political opportunity for the candidate's opponents.

11-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Pres. Bush still has his job. :D There is no point in expecting him to slack off his work just because it's election day. I wonder...do you suppose he'll "top" Clinton's last few weeks in office? :D

Why aren't you posting articles about Congress wilting? Did you miss the fact that they're approval rating is lower than the President's? :D

11-04-2008, 08:20 PM
His BDS has gotten so bad he needs to go to Australian papers just to make his jab. How sad, really.

11-04-2008, 08:24 PM
You've been trashing him for eight years. He is taking the night off with his family, and probably looking forward to a rest after the kind of days you'd never be able to handle.

Presidents often do eighteen hour days and short on sleep and high on stress

Give it, and us, and him a rest.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

11-04-2008, 09:05 PM
You ignored me yesterday (as usual) on this topic so I guess I'll have to repeat myself:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- President Clinton kept mostly out of the public eye on election eve

Asked whether the president (Clinton) was anguished about not being out campaigning Monday, White House spokesman Jake Siewert said, "I don't know. He seemed very pleased last night ...

His only public event of the day was a bill signing for third-world debt relief before an appreciative crowd of advocates in the White House East room.Clinton was just as MIA in 2000. Your gotcha's suck balls.