PDA

View Full Version : The Economy Dominates

LogansPapa
11-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Survey: 6 in 10 say economy most important issue

By The Associated Press 1 hour ago

The economy is by far the top issue on voters' minds as Election Day at last arrives. An Associated Press exit poll finds six in 10 voters across the country picked the economy as the most important issue facing the nation. None of four other issues on the list energy, Iraq, terrorism and health care was picked by more than one in 10.

Not surprisingly, voters also have a very sour view of the condition of the nation's economy. About half said it's poor and nearly as many said the economy is not good. The results are based on a preliminary partial sample of nearly 10,000 voters in Election Day exit polls and telephone interviews over the past week for early voters.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g8BsExhV2UVbZa62nYpKgwyqkm5gD948D39G0

Lager
11-04-2008, 07:54 PM
You know, it's funny, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that in the coming days, we're going to learn that the economy isn't quite as bad as everyone thought.

expat-pattaya
11-05-2008, 12:49 AM
You know, it's funny, but I've got a sneaking suspicion that in the coming days, we're going to learn that the economy isn't quite as bad as everyone thought.

I think we are going to discover it is a lot worse and that it was somewhat propped up to get thourgh the election.

I'm expecting at least a 2-3 year period of stagnation/recession. Well, add Obama into the mix and maybe more. :mad:

God I hope I'm wrong. It won't make me feel bad in this case.

Constitutionally Speaking
11-05-2008, 08:36 PM
The economy isn't as bad as people think. We are in a recession and will be on the way out of it by next fall.

This has more to do with the price of oil than anything Bush did or Obama will do, but the Messiah of course will be credited with it.