PDA

View Full Version : The point where democracy fails......

Rebel Yell
11-05-2008, 11:07 AM
.....is when there are more stupid people than smart people.

I don't like the esult of the Presidential race, but I'm not bitter. Get all of Obama that you can. I'm already broke, I'll save a seat at the poor folks table for the rest of y'all.

Where stupidity comes into play is the congressional races. In the last two years Congress' approval rating went down to 9%. That 92% disapproval crosses into R's and D's. Yet somehow the American people decided the way to fix the Democrat controlled congress is to vote in more Democrats?

LogansPapa
11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
The people are the people, and they have spoken. Deal with it.

Rebel Yell
11-05-2008, 12:20 PM
The people are the people, and they have spoken. Deal with it.

Great thing about me is, I can deal with most anything. I'm not whining, the sun still came up this morning, and it will tomorrow. I've already congradulated 'Lids in another thread, and I'll congradulate you.

Point is, don't bitch about a congress and then vote in more of the people you're bitching about. You're a business owner, if you had a slight majority of non English speaking people who were hindering production because of a lack of communication skills, would you hire more non English speaking people to fix the problem?

LogansPapa
11-05-2008, 12:26 PM
You're a business owner, if you had a slight majority of non English speaking people who were hindering production because of a lack of communication skills, would you hire more non English speaking people to fix the problem?

Legally, canít. So for me: non-issue. But I see your point.

Rebel Yell
11-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Legally, canít. So for me: non-issue. But I see your point.

There's plenty of stupid to go around. People who vote based on race and email rumors are stupid. People who vote to feel good about themselves are stupid. People who dont really know the difference between conservative and liberal are stupid. People who think Obama is a centrist are stupid. People who think McCain is a conservative are stupid. Unfortunatley, that is the majority of Americans.

mikedetejas
11-05-2008, 04:25 PM
The majority of the people don't want freedom. They want the government to wrap them in a cocoon where responsibility and grit and courage are someone else's worry. As long as the govt takes care of them, they will follow like sheep. Democracy fails when people fail to take responsibility for their own lives and cede that to the govt.