PDA

View Full Version : Assassination fears surround Barack Obama

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24608199-38198,00.html

HE has already been the target of two assassination plots and delivered a victory speech from behind bulletproof glass.

Although US President-elect Barack Obama will not take office until January, he will be guarded as he prepares to move into the White House.

In May 2007, fears for his life lead to him being the most heavily-guarded US presidential candidate ever, when he was placed under Secret Service (http://search.news.com.au/search//0/?us=ndmnews&sid=38198&as=news&ac=ninews2&q=Secret%20Service) guard.

And the media is silent on the large number of death threats against President Bush over the last eight years.

You sick fucking HYPOCRITES :mad::mad::mad:

ralph wiggum
11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
The absolute last thing we need now is some whackjob to try to assassinate Obama. Let him get into office, and then we can tear into his ideas and policies.

And yes, I understand your point about the lack of coverage on W, Sonna.

wulfpaw
11-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, he's historic.. lets just hope he's not biblical, as in end-time prophesy. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/499980/spin.gif

americangirl
11-05-2008, 04:18 PM
24 probably scared him.
And yes he does send out Anti-Christ vibes.

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 04:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af9EHtQMMc4

wulfpaw
11-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Lol, that would be good with that head-switch thing they did with the candidates dancing that time.http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/499980/thumbsup.gif

FlaGator
11-05-2008, 04:37 PM
The absolute last thing we need now is some whackjob to try to assassinate Obama. Let him get into office, and then we can tear into his ideas and policies.

And yes, I understand your point about the lack of coverage on W, Sonna.

I've posted something about this in the past. If some idiot succeeds I fear it will tear this country apart. Unfortunately a race war is exactly what some would like to see happen. I pray God keeps a hand of protection on President-elect Obama.

Eyelids
11-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Sonnabend is losing his grip.

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Sonnabend is losing his grip.

Nope, just pointing out the obvious. Something you seem to miss all too often.

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 05:18 PM
And the media is silent on the large number of death threats against President Bush over the last eight years.

You sick fucking HYPOCRITES :mad::mad::mad:

Feel free to point out any death threats the media was silent about.

jinxmchue
11-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Feel free to point out any death threats the media was silent about.

Should we start with DU?

jinxmchue
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
24 probably scared him.

Nah. I don't get from Revelation that the Antichrist is a buffoon like Obama is. (That's one of the things that most bugged me about the Left Behind books. The Antichrist - both before and after being indwelt by Satan - was portrayed as a completely incompetent buffoon.)

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
24 probably scared him.

I see. And what makes you an authority on Anti-Christ vibes?

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Should we start with DU?

Start wherever you like.

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Start wherever you like.

Oh look what the cat dragged in...:rolleyes:

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh look what the cat dragged in...:rolleyes:

Perhaps the cat will drag in some evidence to substantiate your post.

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Halifax man accused of making death threats against President George W. Bush
Canadian Press via Yahoo news ^ | Fri Sep 10, 6:17 PM ET | World Canadian Press

Posted on Monday, September 13, 2004 2:31:23 AM by trussell

Halifax man accused of making death threats against President George W. Bush

Fri Sep 10, 6:17 PM ET

HALIFAX (CP) - A man in Halifax has been charged with making death threats against U.S. President George W. Bush (news - web sites) over the Internet.

Timothy George Andrew, 28, has been remanded for a psychiatric assessment and is due back in court next week, the ATV news network reported Friday.

Threats allegedly found on an Internet message board included: "Death to the president of the U.S.A. and destruction to that nation's Babylon" as well as "The president of the U.S.A. is king of terror" and "The president of the U.S.A. is going to be killed and will never stand again."

RCMP said its investigation with the U.S. Secret Service started last October and ended late last month, resulting in charges of making threats and threatening Bush.

One small squib.

http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/26/du-refuses-secret-service-request-for-info-on-death-threat-posters/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=364&topic_id=2487403&mesg_id=2487403

kinner ADMIN (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Oct-26-06 02:43 PM
Original message
We think you should be aware that the Secret Service contacted us today. Updated at 11:43 AM

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Fri Oct-27-06 03:21 PM by Skinner
In the five-plus years since Democratic Underground was started, we have had legal issues arise on a fairly regular basis. When that happens, we almost never make any sort of public comment about it, mostly because we think giving would-be legal adversaries any unearned publicity would only encourage them. But an issue has come up this week which we feel we should probably share with you, because we think you should know what we are doing to protect your personal information.

In other words: they did all they cpuld to ensure those responsible got away with it.

From the media: silence

WAVE 3 TV Louisville, KY | Teen Made No Direct Threat Against ...
A 13-year-old who police had said was accused of threatening President Bush in an e-mail did not make a direct threat against the president,

Buried.

http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php?id=191596

A US man who claims to be a vampire has been jailed for making threats against US President George Bush.

Jonathan Sharkey - who also threatened a judge - fled Minnesota to escape the charges, but was discovered after he began trying to make a name for himself on the vampire scene in Tennessee.

Sharkey was arrested last week after telling neighbours he was the 'Imperial King of Vampires' and planned to turn a plot of land into a commune for fellow 'blood suckers'

Not one of these stories was ever featured on any main media outlet, WaPo,. NYT..none of them.

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 05:43 PM
http://www.sacunion.com/pages/sacramento/articles/8643/

SACRAMENTO-- United States Attorney McGregor W. Scott announced today that a federal grand jury returned a ten-count indictment, yesterday, charging Michael Lee Braun, 51, of Elk Grove, with one count of threatening the President of the United States, one count of sending threatening communications to an individual, and eight counts of providing false information and perpetrating hoaxes. This case is the product of an extensive investigation coordinated by the Joint Terrorism Task Force, comprised of federal, state, and local law enforcement, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Secret Service, United States Postal Inspection Service, and Sacramento Metro Fire.

Ad last but not least, the film "Death of a President".

Case closed.

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 06:04 PM
One small squib.

http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/26/du-refuses-secret-service-request-for-info-on-death-threat-posters/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=364&topic_id=2487403&mesg_id=2487403

In other words: they did all they cpuld to ensure those responsible got away with it.

From the media: silence

Buried.

http://www.javno.com/en/world/clanak.php?id=191596

Not one of these stories was ever featured on any main media outlet, WaPo,. NYT..none of them.

You claimed that the media has remained silent about "a large number of death threats" against President Bush and yet you've cited only two so far.

llongoria
11-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I am worried about all this. I have been physically sick since he won last nite. I hope is becoming president of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA doesnt kill me. I will sue him.

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 06:09 PM
http://www.sacunion.com/pages/sacramento/articles/8643/

Fail. A sampling of news reports about Michael Lee Braun...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0610/03/ltm.04.html

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=6020875

http://cbs3.com/national/Prosecutors.President.Bush.2.273343.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369707,00.html

The list stands at two threats not reported on.

MrsSmith
11-05-2008, 07:11 PM
How fitting, TNO over here to gloat. :D

And I believe Sonna's point is proven by your oh-so-few links. Obama already has nationwide coverage with no actual threat being presented.

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 08:26 PM
How fitting, TNO over here to gloat. :D

And I believe Sonna's point is proven by your oh-so-few links. Obama already has nationwide coverage with no actual threat being presented.

I don't think that anything I've posted here can be fairly described as gloating... which isn't to say that I'm above gloating. :D

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Then get lost. Go gloat on DU.

And I cited FIVE...there were at least three from DU and more if I was to take the time and dig them all up.

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Then get lost. Go gloat on DU.

And I cited FIVE...there were at least three from DU and more if I was to take the time and dig them all up.

You are padding. Only two are legitimate. Learn that exaggerating never works on the Internet because everyone on it has access to the same information.

YupItsMe
11-05-2008, 09:15 PM
You claimed that the media has remained silent about "a large number of death threats" against President Bush and yet you've cited only two so far.

Math not your strong suit. I counted 5. The DU reference was not a direct citing of the threat, but Skinner's warning for DU members to cool it. In reality it probably represents more. Of the four actual cases cited, I haven't heard squat on any of them and I'm a news junkie. But I did hear plenty about two deranged white supremists (sp) . I say Sonna has a point.

YupItsMe
11-05-2008, 09:23 PM
To be honest, I think the Secret Service should be more concerned with Obama's safety. Most of the threats on Bush are probably keyboard commandos. The Secret Service has probably asked many a mother where little Johnny is only to be shown his apartment down in the basement. What are they going to do throw Cheetos at him. Most of them wouldn't know which end of a gun to hold and would probably pee themselves at any real confrontation.

The white hate groups, Skinheads et al. They are a different story. This has nothing to do with politics. Most of these boneheads are to stupid to vote, but they do know how to use a rifle and hate has been preached into them.

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Math not your strong suit. I counted 5. The DU reference was not a direct citing of the threat, but Skinner's warning for DU members to cool it. In reality it probably represents more. Of the four actual cases cited, I haven't heard squat on any of them and I'm a news junkie. But I did hear plenty about two deranged white supremists (sp) . I say Sonna has a point.

The 13 year old? The vampire guy? The filmmaker? Come on.

noonwitch
11-06-2008, 09:00 AM

When I was in Close Up in high school, we went on a field trip to the municipal building in downtown Grand Rapids. One of the hearings we sat in on was a crazy guy who had made threats against then President Reagan. It was a criminal hearing, but the guy probably got sent to the mental hospital, not to the prison.

My best friend, who is black, called me at about 11 pm on Tuesday, happy about the election, but scared that someone is going to kill Obama. I told her that I had confidence in the Secret Service, as no one has come close to killing a President since Reagan was shot. I think that law enforcement has people inside the major hate groups that would be the obvious people to worry about, so I told her that, too.

There are some dangerous people out there, though, and that's why Colin Powell didn't run for president in 2000-his wife was scared someone would kill him.

Rebel Yell
11-06-2008, 09:32 AM
24 probably scared him.

When the Anti-Christ comes, there won't be a thousand emails warning everyone.

biccat
11-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh please, look at some of the things that they have used for death threats against Obama. The "white tuxedos" who were just going to drive up to Obama's house with a load of guns, and a guy who happened to be driving near Obama's campaign with a rifle in his car.

I'm not saying all threats against a President shouldn't be taken seriously, but to ignore the threats against Bush and pretend that Obama is the first to deal with this type of problem is asanine.

bluemeenie
11-06-2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af9EHtQMMc4

Soonabend.....that is so on target it is almost scary :)

bluemeenie
11-06-2008, 12:19 PM

maybe it's just me....but how can you cite something that is not reported by the media or any source.

DarkHalo
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
maybe it's just me....but how can you cite something that is not reported by the media or any source.

I was sorta scratching my head at him asking such a stupid question too.

Sonnabend
11-06-2008, 12:55 PM

Compare the incidences I have shown you and drawn your own conclusions. Front page news of a "possible threat" to Obama, real threats against Pres Bush and not one word on any of them.

Not in the last eight years have I seen ONE of the incidents I have listed (or any others for that matter) on the front page.

Figure it out.

LogansPapa
11-06-2008, 01:05 PM
This situation is a very large nuclear weapon with a hair trigger. Everybody needs to recognize the reality that some folks of a limited life experience, not traveling far from home, meeting people from various cultural backgrounds, etc., can be easily swept away by ideals in their very small circle of life.

An assassination of a President at any time is a horrendous thing for our society and right now - with many hurt feelings and frayed nerves - could threaten the Union.

Tread very lightly and understand that this forum is open to a variety of sources and perspectives - some sane, some not so much.

Being a Secret Service agent right now can not be easy. :cool:

GrumpyOldLady
11-06-2008, 03:35 PM
The devil won't let anything happen to his boy for a long time.
The anti-christ has a ~ a 7 year reign. It hasn't even started yet.

The Night Owl
11-06-2008, 06:09 PM
The devil won't let anything happen to his boy for a long time.
The anti-christ has a ~ a 7 year reign. It hasn't even started yet.

:rolleyes:

MrsSmith
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
You are padding. Only two are legitimate. Learn that exaggerating never works on the Internet because everyone on it has access to the same information.

The fact that there are so few links proves that the media has ignored them. Even libs should be able to figure that out.

lacarnut
11-06-2008, 09:03 PM

How many does it take to act on a successful hit job on the Prez.. Answer, one you idiot.

lacarnut
11-06-2008, 09:05 PM

Stupid comes to mind for the Night Owl loon.

zBoots
11-06-2008, 09:48 PM
bah,

he'll probably be OK. I'll spend my time worrying about other more worthy things, like where to scratch myself.

Bubba Dawg
11-06-2008, 10:41 PM
This situation is a very large nuclear weapon with a hair trigger. Everybody needs to recognize the reality that some folks of a limited life experience, not traveling far from home, meeting people from various cultural backgrounds, etc., can be easily swept away by ideals in their very small circle of life.

An assassination of a President at any time is a horrendous thing for our society and right now - with many hurt feelings and frayed nerves - could threaten the Union.

Tread very lightly and understand that this forum is open to a variety of sources and perspectives - some sane, some not so much.

Being a Secret Service agent right now can not be easy. :cool:

Well stated and true.

Anyone old enough to remember the assassinations of JFK, RFK, MLK and others knows this.

Rodney King? That was something. But....These others I mentioned. They are of a completly different order. A whole other level.

Pray to or by whatever is holy that nothing like those assassinations ever happens again.

You don't want to see it.

Bubba Dawg
11-06-2008, 10:43 PM
bah,

he'll probably be OK. I'll spend my time worrying about other more worthy things, like where to scratch myself.

Why don't you go off somewhere, by yourself, and cut your useless throat?

You Pigshit Cocksucker.

zBoots
11-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Why don't you go off somewhere, by yourself, and cut your useless throat?

You Pigshit Cocksucker.

Hey, its not like I was wishing for any harm towards our skinny little tire burning islamic marxist newest Meca bowing bestest buddy and newly selected big toe. Jeez. Some people are some sore winners.

Bubba Dawg
11-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Hey, its not like I was wishing for any harm towards our skinny little tire burning islamic marxist newest Meca bowing bestest buddy and newly selected big toe. Jeez. Some people are some sore winners.

Thank God you don't wish him any harm. Truly.

No. Not a sore winner. I'm a sore loser.

But, Some shit is beyond the pale. I'm just sayin'....

On my worst day or best day, you decide, i want to beat the policies of this man. I want to beat them into the ground.

But....

Don't consider it lightly what can hapen when the worst that can happen actually happens. It's ugly.

Thing is, ....We got plenty of good reasons to fight and to win. The fight goes on and on.

Scratch where it itches, noble mon. But consider carefully how we say what we say, and how we fight.

Keep the faith.

deadon
11-07-2008, 02:14 AM
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24608199-38198,00.html

HE has already been the target of two assassination plots and delivered a victory speech from behind bulletproof glass.

Agree big time, press doesn't say crap about the number of death threats against Bush.

zBoots
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Thank God you don't wish him any harm. Truly.

No. Not a sore winner. I'm a sore loser.

But, Some shit is beyond the pale. I'm just sayin'....

On my worst day or best day, you decide, i want to beat the policies of this man. I want to beat them into the ground.

But....

Don't consider it lightly what can hapen when the worst that can happen actually happens. It's ugly.

Thing is, ....We got plenty of good reasons to fight and to win. The fight goes on and on.

Scratch where it itches, noble mon. But consider carefully how we say what we say, and how we fight.

Keep the faith.

No worries bro! We are in the same ball park at least. I would agree that it would not be good. I probably wouldnt say, as you do, that its "the worst that can happen", but its definitely somewhere on my "bad things I dont want to happen" list. Probably between "Leave lid off deodorant" and "license plate light bulb goes out".