PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Enola Gay pilot Paul Tibbets the original terrorist

Banacek
06-20-2016, 06:39 PM
http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples_resource/image/39033

Hiroshima, Japan - During his apology speech at Hiroshima, where the United States dropped the world's first atomic bomb on August 6, 1945, president Obama referred to the pilot of the plane (Enola Gay) that carried the atomic bomb to its destination, Brigadier General Paul Tibbets, as the world's first terrorist.

"A lot of Americans like to toss the word 'terrorist' around towards religious minorities and anyone different from them. They easily forget that the world's first terrorist was an American serviceperson who dropped a terrifying new weapon of unimaginable power onto innocent Japanese civilians in this very city. That man is the shame of our nation," said President Obama.

Shortly after the speech, Obama went on to order that the plane itself be relabeled as a memorial dedicated to all the lives that were unjustifiably taken by U.S. forces during the Second World War, saying, "We should not gloat over the damage that we have done to countless people in Asia and Europe. Instead, we should reflect on what we know today about how we should have handled such problems with diplomacy instead of bombs."

The White House has since announced that Mr. Obama will be traveling to Dresden, Germany, to apologize for the fire bombings that incinerated the metropolitan area between the 13th and 15th of February of 1945.

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/obama-enola-gay-pilot-paul-tibbets-the-original-terrorist-t18005.html

ralph wiggum
06-20-2016, 07:04 PM
Hmmm, what about the Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor?

Apocalypse
06-20-2016, 07:34 PM
Moved to Humor, as The Peoples Cube is a satirical website for humor purposes, and thus this does not qualify as Political News.

SarasotaRepub
06-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Though it was obviously a "joke", it would not surprise me
in the least if oBAMA said it.

ralph wiggum
06-20-2016, 10:34 PM
Though it was obviously a "joke", it would not surprise me
in the least if oBAMA said it.
My thought too. Didn't click the link or familiar with that site.