PDA

View Full Version : Kid brag

Phillygirl
06-15-2008, 07:43 PM
My middle nephew (11) pitched his first baseball game last week. 12 strikeouts and 2 walks. They shut out the other team. Perhaps Aunt Philly may be able to retire when he hits the majors!!

Brag on your kids here!

Space Gravy
06-15-2008, 08:07 PM
My middle nephew (11) pitched his first baseball game last week. 12 strikeouts and 2 walks. They shut out the other team. Perhaps Aunt Philly may be able to retire when he hits the majors!!

Brag on your kids here!

If he's lefthanded expect scouts at his next game.

Phillygirl
06-15-2008, 08:20 PM
If he's lefthanded expect scouts at his next game.

No, he's righthanded, although he does do some things left-handed. Poor kid...he is very shy so having everyone focused on him the whole game was unnerving to him. I'm not even allowed to yell out his name if he's playing.

Shannon
06-15-2008, 08:26 PM

Brag on your kids here!

You don't get to brag on other peoples kids. Have your own damn brat.:rolleyes:

Phillygirl
06-15-2008, 08:29 PM

All the good stuff about "my kids" is because of me...the rest of the crap is because of their parents.

SaintLouieWoman
06-15-2008, 08:34 PM
All the good stuff about "my kids" is because of me...the rest of the crap is because of their parents.
Being an aunt is one of the greyt pleasures in life. Philly, those kids are lucky.

Brag, my little Gwen, my niece's little princess, is finally learning to eat food other than peanut butter and jelly and sweets and chocolate milk. :D My very smart niece and her very intelligent doc decided on bribery. The kid gets $1 each time she eats something new and good for her. The doc told her she needed to start with green stuff. Recently she added broccoli to her diet, as well as spinach. :)

Shannon
06-15-2008, 08:38 PM
My very smart niece and her very intelligent doc decided on bribery. The kid gets $1 each time she eats something new and good for her.

Whatever happened to beating the child?:confused: Bribing them to eat? I'm at a loss here.

Jumpy
06-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh wow! He must have quite an arm, and very good focus. Good for him!!

Phillygirl
06-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh wow! He must have quite an arm, and very good focus. Good for him!!

I guess (I don't know much about baseball). He usually plays 3rd base. On Friday night they put him in as relief pitcher for 2 innings. The next day they had him as start off pitcher. Since it ended up being a shut out (10 run limit) and a no-hitter I guess he did pretty well. I wonder where they'll play him for the all-star game.

Oh...and his younger brother finally got a hit during that same game...hit a double and was the rbi for the winning run. So they both had a good game.

DarkScribe
06-15-2008, 09:49 PM

Yeah, what she said! (Well, I am only a STEPdad...but still...):D

DarkScribe
06-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Whatever happened to beating the child?:confused: Bribing them to eat? I'm at a loss here.

Wire hangers...???

BSR
06-15-2008, 09:50 PM
My wonderful 2 year old decided to give everyone in our church a shout of encouragement during worship at church this morning. After we we done singing the first song he screamed "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa" at the top of his lungs and started clapping his hands. About 500 people turned around at started laughing. My wife wanted to die, but I thought it was the funniest thing he has ever done.

:D

SaintLouieWoman
06-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Won't go into it in public, but the little one has special challenges. it's serious for the parents. She's the best, most special, beautiful, intelligent child in the world to me and to her family. Sorry you're at a loss. Be very thankful for the "brat"and his health. My niece does a spectacular job with her child, I'm very proud of her.

Shannon
06-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Won't go into it in public, but the little one has special challenges. it's serious for the parents. She's the best, most special, beautiful, intelligent child in the world to me and to her family. Sorry you're at a loss. Be very thankful for the "brat"and his health. My niece does a spectacular job with her child, I'm very proud of her.

Oh no. I'm so sorry.:o

BSR
06-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Oh no. I'm so sorry.:o

Dont you hate it when you're kidding around and you do something like that? I cant count how many times this has happened to me.

Shannon
06-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Dont you hate it when you're kidding around and you do something like that? I cant count how many times this has happened to me.

I'm horrified. I know I'm going to Hell now.

BSR
06-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm horrified. I know I'm going to Hell now.

You get use to it. My foot has a permanent home in my mouth..So your not alone..

Shannon
06-15-2008, 10:39 PM
You get use to it. My foot has a permanent home in my mouth..So your not alone..

I assume you mean "used" to it? I also assume you mean "you're" not alone?:p

lurkalot
06-15-2008, 10:40 PM
My kid won the father's day fishing derby for five and under. ;)
Then refused to eat the fish when I cooked it!

Shannon
06-15-2008, 10:42 PM
My kid won the father's day fishing derby for five and under. ;)
Then refused to eat the fish when I cooked it!

Smart kid.

BSR
06-15-2008, 10:43 PM
I assume you mean "used" to it? I also assume you mean "you're" not alone?:p

Glad you could bounce back so quickly. :rolleyes:

lurkalot
06-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Smart kid.

yup, you're going to hell :p

Shannon
06-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Glad you could bounce back so quickly. :rolleyes:

You know I love you, kiddo!:D

BSR
06-15-2008, 10:48 PM

Don't you have a bus to hell you have to catch? :p

lurkalot
06-15-2008, 10:49 PM

You say that like its a good thing :D

Shannon
06-15-2008, 10:58 PM
You say that like its a good thing :D

It's time for an LOL Cats thread.

BSR
06-15-2008, 11:02 PM
It's time for an LOL Cats thread.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-cat-invisible-pickle-jar.jpg

Shannon
06-15-2008, 11:05 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/funny-pictures-cat-invisible-pickle-jar.jpg

Ha! That one was next in my thread.:p

Sonnabend
06-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Shannon....remember to engage brain before snarking.....:D:D