PDA

View Full Version : Fox News on Sarah Palin: A stunning lack of knowledge, tantrums, spending sprees...

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Shocking but not surprising...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZHTJsR4Bc

Sarah 2012! LOL!

Sonnabend
11-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Hate to tell you this, but the election is over, Barack won, nothing to see here...yawn.:)

SaintLouieWoman
11-05-2008, 09:26 PM

Sarah 2012! LOL!

Saw this on Fox and found it distasteful. No use beating the dead horse. The election is over. Do you really have to gloat and rub people's face in it?

Besides, who knows if it's true. Just because some staffer says it doesn't make it true. Haven't you ever worked on a project too closely with fellow co-workers or been with family too long and feel like you're going over the edge?

How about being a bit charitable? In other words, don't be a gloater.

The Night Owl
11-05-2008, 09:26 PM
Hate to tell you this, but the election is over, Barack won, nothing to see here...yawn.:)

By all means... ignore the postmortems coming from your side.

:D

Eyelids
11-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Africa not a continent?!?!

hahahahahahahahahahh

SarasotaRepub
11-05-2008, 10:13 PM
By all means... ignore the postmortems coming from your side.

No one is ignoring them TNO, I saw the interview also. Sen. McCain and Palin are toast and Sen. Obama and Foot in Mouth Biden are our new leaders. (God help us)

Lets not post endless flamebaits...K??? :D

lacarnut
11-05-2008, 10:56 PM

Sarah 2012! LOL!

Your side won. Let's see what the Magic Negro is going to do once in office. I guess a low class asshole like you does not see it that way.

As far as S.P. knowledge of one of the most important aspects of the campaign, energy, she has forgotten more than any of the dunces in DC including Repubs.

Gingersnap
11-05-2008, 11:00 PM
What amuses me is that there are still a lot of people on both sides who actually care what news readers say. I haven't personally seen the value of that since the 90s. :p

Lager
11-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Please tell me why you guys are obsessed with Sarah Palin. She's gone now. You sent her packing. Shouldn't you be creating shrines in your basement for the Obamessiah or writing sonnets to his crushing victory? I don't understand it.

lacarnut
11-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Africa not a continent?!?!

hahahahahahahahahahh

Not nearly as big a f. up as Obama stating there are 57 states in the US. This stupid Negro does not know how many states are in his own country.

lacarnut
11-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Please tell me why you guys are obsessed with Sarah Palin. She's gone now. You sent her packing. Shouldn't you be creating shrines in your basement for the Obamessiah or writing sonnets to his crushing victory? I don't understand it.

I understand it. They are not content with winning the election. Low class trash acts in this manner.

SaintLouieWoman
11-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Greta Van Susteren in her "On the Record" show on Fox tonight really went off on those making fun of Palin. She had gone to Alaska and talked to many people there. Sarah was respected by them and by Greta.

She had one of those little opinion polls on her show. 4% thought Palin was a drag on the ticket; 96% thought she was an asset.

It's over. I think it's crass of the staffers to bring this up. And I think the libs are enjoying this a bit too much. :rolleyes:

AlmostThere
11-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Bush made some screw-ups, but Gawd-almighty, at least the guy knows what loyalty is. Do these ass-holes sit around and think of ways to alienate fellow Republicans? Whatever anonymous source came out with this deserves to get his head AND his butt handed to him. :mad::mad:

The Night Owl
11-06-2008, 01:49 AM
I'm getting flamed for posting a Fox News clip on a conservative site. Hell must have frozen over.

Sonnabend
11-06-2008, 01:57 AM
I'm getting flamed for posting a Fox News clip on a conservative site. Hell must have frozen over.

You're a troll. It's what you live for. You're pathetic.

PoliCon
11-06-2008, 08:54 AM
You're a troll. It's what you live for. You're pathetic.
I only had to look at his pic to know that! lol

noonwitch
11-06-2008, 09:12 AM
I saw some of the Palin trashing on both FOX and on The Today Show this morning. I'm a liberal and I found it offensive, as a woman.

I'm not even a fan of Palin, but I can see what's going on. The old boys behind McCain (but not McCain himself) can't accept that their candidate lost, so they want to blame it all on the woman who was the #2 spot on the ticket. McCain lost, not necessarily Palin. I don't ever plan on voting for Palin, but that kind of treatment of her after the fact pisses me off on a sisterhood level.

So, she tried to save the campaign and they call her a "Diva" for having ideas. The campaign guys tell her she needs a new image and give her lots of money to buy new clothes, then they trash her for buying them. Hell, I'd love to go on a $150,000 shopping spree! Who wouldn't?

What lost McCain the election is this-he came across as old and out of touch on many issues, especially the economy. He didn't handle the debates well, and was running against a young, handsome, smooth, intellectual who ran a masterful campaign.

Rebel Yell
11-06-2008, 09:22 AM

Because they have to hate something.

d_va
11-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Election post-mortems always have these sour grapes staffers peeiing down our backs and telling us it's raining.

What's disgusting is watching Carl Cameron drool all over himself with his "scoop". Thank goodness for Greta's ethics as a journalist and standing up to her own network for this:

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/11/05/more-emails-pouring-into-on-the-record-show-account/

lacarnut
11-06-2008, 09:31 AM
I saw some of the Palin trashing on both FOX and on The Today Show this morning. I'm a liberal and I found it offensive, as a woman.

I'm not even a fan of Palin, but I can see what's going on. The old boys behind McCain (but not McCain himself) can't accept that their candidate lost, so they want to blame it all on the woman who was the #2 spot on the ticket. McCain lost, not necessarily Palin. I don't ever plan on voting for Palin, but that kind of treatment of her after the fact pisses me off on a sisterhood level.

So, she tried to save the campaign and they call her a "Diva" for having ideas. The campaign guys tell her she needs a new image and give her lots of money to buy new clothes, then they trash her for buying them. Hell, I'd love to go on a $150,000 shopping spree! Who wouldn't?

What lost McCain the election is this-he came across as old and out of touch on many issues, especially the economy. He didn't handle the debates well, and was running against a young, handsome, smooth, intellectual who ran a masterful campaign.

Well said. I am a male and the petty bashing of S.P./women really pisses me off also. If McCain did not look like warmed over death, Gov. Palin credentials would not have been so important. Many conservatives including me wished that she would have been at the top of the ticket rather than a RINO. She will be a force in 2012.

After Obama screws everything up, Repubs will be ready for a real conservative like her or Jindal, etc.

Speedy
11-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I have been pouring cold water on gloating Obama supporters at work since the election. I point out to them, that if 100% of the Black, Latino and all other minority voted for Obama, 60% of the white vote beats them. I point out to them WHITE PEOPLE got Obama elected, the whole Black vote, including the dead ones would never have gotten them shit. White people gave them a Black President just like they have given them everything else. Talk about handing them a downer!

lacarnut
11-06-2008, 09:37 AM

Because everyone can see right thru you for the gloating asshole that you are!

GrumpyOldLady
11-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Honestly, I think a lot of this is made up to help Senator McCain save face.
They can blame the loss on Palin.
Even though Palin is the one that solidified the conservative base.

It's good ol' boys .. men .. pointing at the woman and saying it's her fault.

Space Gravy
11-06-2008, 10:53 AM
If the statements about not knowing who is in NAFTA and thinking Africa is a country are true.......I'm going to have a hard time backing someone who is that much of a hammerhead in 2012. Time to start reading up on who else is out there.

LogansPapa
11-06-2008, 11:41 AM
How'd you like to be a moose in Alaska right now? :eek:

Molon Labe
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
If the statements about not knowing who is in NAFTA and thinking Africa is a country are true.......I'm going to have a hard time backing someone who is that much of a hammerhead in 2012. Time to start reading up on who else is out there.

The Democrats would be salivating at us nominating her. There are much better options.

Goldwater
11-06-2008, 02:07 PM
If it is true she didn't know Africa was a continent...

Holy moly...

Goldwater
11-06-2008, 02:17 PM

Oh so you're a feminist now? Please, she was a controversial pick for a lot more than her sex.

Molon Labe
11-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Honestly, I think a lot of this is made up to help Senator McCain save face.
They can blame the loss on Palin.
Even though Palin is the one that solidified the conservative base.

I personally don't think it's just "her fault" McCain was a pretty poor choice. No different than irrellevant Bob Dole was.
I started thinking about how much more salient Romney would have been....even though I didn't really like him, but he was more conservative than McCain....and alot more even tempered.

Sonnabend
11-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Y'know I just checked..this is Loseweek...the same bozos that caused the chaos over that fake Koran / toilet story.

I smell a rat.

Constitutionally Speaking
11-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Not nearly as big a f. up as Obama stating there are 57 states in the US. This stupid Negro does not know how many states are in his own country.

Not only that, but this is simply accusations from the same people who keep telling us we need to nominate moderates to win elections.

Unfounded and baseless.

Zeus
11-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Let's add some context to the Carl Cameron (http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/06/video-fox-news-drops-another-load-of-dirty-laundry-on-palin/) and Newsweek airing of rumors (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/shared-blogs/ajc/politicalinsider/entries/2008/11/06/newsweek_on_hackers_john_lewis.html) from anonymous McCain/Palin staffers. The most controversial claims, all of which come without names attached because the purveyors are apparently determined to stick around to undermine future campaigns and candidates, are that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent as opposed to a country, and that she didn't know who the members of NAFTA were.

Let's start with NAFTA. If folks want to believe Gov. Sarah Palin did not know even the most basic facts about NAFTA, they have to believe a couple other improbable things.

Before she became governor, Palin's husband Todd's commercial fishing business on Bristol Bay accounted a decent percentage of the family's income. The couple reported about $46,000 from the business last year on a license Todd purchased from his grandfather in the 1970s. He has been a lifelong commercial fisherman and she has often been his partner both in the business and literally on the boat.

Surely while the two were working in the commercial salmon fishing industry in post-NAFTA Alaska, they would not have missed the effect farmed-salmon imports from Canada had on the industry, causing the number of fisherman, the size of the harvest, and the value of permits to go down significantly in Alaska. According to a 2003 AP article:

"This loss of equity, which for self-employed fishermen is equivalent to retirement accounts, will continue to reverberate throughout the Alaska economy in coming years," Gilbertsen said.
The economic losses have ricocheted through coastal communities as fewer fishermen have caused a decline in both crews and shore-based services. Monthly employment in the state's seafood processing industry fell from 11,200 in 1992 to 7,400 in 2002.
Chile and Canada are the two major suppliers to the U.S. market of farm-raised salmon. The two countries accounted for 94 percent of the Atlantic pen-reared salmon, valued at $818 million.
Canada is a partner in the North American Free Trade Agreement, which removed certain trade barriers, and Chile has fewer environmental regulations and cheap labor, the analysis showed.
"The fact that Canada is a NAFTA partner, and that the U.S. has just approved a bilateral free trade agreement with Chile, would seem to indicate that these imports will continue to grow," Gilbertsen said.
So, let's say for argument's sake the couple missed that bit of information. They would also have had to miss the fact that in 2002, the federal government decided to make commercial salmon fisherman on Alaska's Bristol Bay eligible for Trade Adjustment Assistance under the North American Free Trade Agreement due to the impact Canada's farmed-salmon had on the industry. From a 2002 AP brief:

The U.S. Department of Labor has certified about 200 commercial salmon fishermen in the Bristol Bay area as eligible to apply for transitional adjustment assistance under the North American Free Trade Agreement.
The certifications cover Sept. 5, 2001, to Nov. 25, 2004. Workers laid off or reduced to part-time work during that time may be eligible for extra benefits and services.
The Labor Department found that major customers for Bristol Bay salmon increased their reliance on imports of salmon from Canada, adversely affecting fishermen.
NAFTA authorizes assistance to cover workers affected because of increased imports from Mexico or Canada or shifts in production to those countries.
After they are certified as eligible, workers may apply for benefits at a state employment service office. They may receive retraining services, career counseling, job placement assistance and income support.
On the flip side of the coin, Canada is within the top three of Alaska's trading partners, a position it moved into in the increased trade years after NAFTA was passed. It's a huge market for seafood and metals mined in Alaska. (http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-5425974/Good-friends-and-good-trading.html)
Disgruntled McCain staffers not only require you to believe that the chief executive of the state of Alaska knew nothing about one of her state's most important trading partners, but that she was equally oblivious to the economic winds affecting the industry that provided her very own livelihood. Perhaps they should head to the NYT next, which has a history of employing anyone who has a penchant for writing slam books about Republicans.

This accusation didn't pass the smell test to begin with, but because McCain staffers are requiring us to defend our popular former vice presidential nominee against NYT-like attacks, there are some facts to consider.

Posted by Mary Katharine Ham at 04:30 PM (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/11/a_few_things_youd_have_to_beli.asp)
Election 2008 (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/election_2008/)| E-mail the author (wws@weeklystandard.com) | E-mail article (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/11/a_few_things_youd_have_to_beli.asp#email)

The Weekly Standard.com The Blog (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/TWSFPView.asp)

PoliCon
11-07-2008, 01:23 AM
No no zues. You can't confuse the issue with facts. The press hates her. McCains left leaning staff hate her. The rino's and republican elites hate her - so it MUST be true.

This just goes to show how stupid the political class see the rest of us. I knew it was bad on the left - but I guess I blinded myself about how much the republican political class feels the same way. Once again, it's time to call for term limits.

Zeus
11-07-2008, 04:32 PM
No no zues. You can't confuse the issue with facts. The press hates her. McCains left leaning staff hate her. The rino's and republican elites hate her - so it MUST be true.

This just goes to show how stupid the political class see the rest of us. I knew it was bad on the left - but I guess I blinded myself about how much the republican political class feels the same way. Once again, it's time to call for term limits.

I don't think term limits is the answer. That's akin to throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Accountability is the problem. seldom is anyone in politics or the press held accountable for actions or statements known to be lies or just plain ol undesirable for the masses. WE THE PEOPLE already have the power to correct that. Do WE THE PEOPLE have the fortitude to do so is the question. People get away with what others let them get away with and letting them do so signals approval for them to do more of the same. It's time to send out some stop signals.

GrumpyOldLady
11-07-2008, 04:34 PM
It's either the sore losers from the Mccain camp pointing their MAN fingers at the woman and blaming her ... OR ... it's people from Romneys camp who know that Palin is very popular with the base and so they are trying to discredit her now so that their guy Romney will have a clear shot in 2012 (well... clear except that Crist is a better choice :D )

Zeus
11-07-2008, 04:40 PM
It's either the sore losers from the Mccain camp pointing their MAN fingers at the woman and blaming her ... OR ... it's people from Romneys camp who know that Palin is very popular with the base and so they are trying to discredit her now so that their guy Romney will have a clear shot in 2012 (well... clear except that Crist is a better choice :D )

I don't think it was any other politicians per se ie Romney,Clinton etc. My guess it was just dishonorable professional campaign advisor's/workers trying to maintain employability by passing the buck.

OwlMBA
11-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Lack of political knowledge? Tantrums? Spending Sprees?

Lets put it more simply...

SHE IS A WOMAN!

:eek::D

MrsSmith
11-07-2008, 08:06 PM

SHE IS A WOMAN!

Thank god men never throw temper fits or buy $8000 lawn tractors or $40,000 convertibles they don't need. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Elspeth
11-07-2008, 08:14 PM

SHE IS A WOMAN!

I hope you meant that saracastically.

In all seriousness, these attacks on Palin are gendered and were, I think, planned that way. They used her this election cycle but the GOP doesn't want her to get any ideas, so they are trashing her character along gendered lines.

Ree
11-07-2008, 10:38 PM

No...you're gettin "flamed" for bein the asshole ya always are....
We know how much of a hard on ya have for Sarah...:rolleyes: