PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Seeks to Pull Plug on Brain-Dead Boy, 12

AlmostThere
11-06-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,447753,00.html

I guess we'll find out if all religions are equal under the law.

noonwitch
11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Are the parents paying for the kid's care? Not that it matters in a moral sense, but if they are, then the hospital really doesn't have the right to ask a court for permission to disconnect the life support. Can they move the kid to a nursing home? I'm fairly certain that there are nursing homes run by and for orthodox jews.

biccat
11-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I guess we'll find out if all religions are equal under the law.

Based on this comment I figured the kid was a Muslim.

Unfortunately, he's Jewish, and therefore, like Christians, not entitled to special treatment.

Poor kid :(

Rebel Yell
11-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Are the parents paying for the kid's care? Not that it matters in a moral sense, but if they are, then the hospital really doesn't have the right to ask a court for permission to disconnect the life support. Can they move the kid to a nursing home? I'm fairly certain that there are nursing homes run by and for orthodox jews.

That was the first question that popped in my head.

AlmostThere
11-07-2008, 02:56 AM
I looked at the hospital's site. They have a whole page on how you can pay for your care. It ain't free, thats for sure. Been there six months already. Insurance probably stopped a while back. Poor kid is right. Thats a helluva way to go for anyone much less a kid. :(