PDA

View Full Version : Some mayhem, arrests after Obama rally

bijou
11-06-2008, 02:43 PM
At least five people were arrested across the city after Barack Obama's rally in Grant Park, including a woman who slapped a Chicago police officer, saying police couldn't arrest her anymore, prosecutors said today.

Most of the others celebrated the historic occasion with gunfire.

Celita Hart, 19, stood silently in court today when she appeared for a bond hearing.

Prosecutors said Hart, who is black, yelled " 'White [expletive], [expletive] McCain--you white police can't do nothing anymore.'" With that, she reached through the window of a squad car and slapped a white male officer in the face, according to Assistant State's Atty. Lorraine Scaduto.

...link (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/11/some-mayhem-arrests-after-obama-rally.html)

Celita seems to have been rapidly disabused of her notion. :D

YupItsMe
11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
link (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2008/11/some-mayhem-arrests-after-obama-rally.html)

Celita seems to have been rapidly disabused of her notion. :D

I hope they tazed the bitch.

Teetop
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
And it's only the begining....

:D

edit to add;This thread is worthless without her pic.

LogansPapa
11-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Wow. A virtual city of 200,000 people out there and 5 get arrested. Now thatís news. 0.000025% evil factor. Heavy. :rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
11-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow. A virtual city of 200,000 people out there and 5 get arrested. Now thatís news. 0.000025% evil factor. Heavy. :rolleyes:

Obama supporters just acted like their team won the Super Bowl. "I'm so happy, I feel like tearing shit up!":D

Sonnabend
11-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Whoever they were, firing a gun in a crowd is the sheerest idiocy...the guy was also on parole for wespons offences...dumb...very dumb.

Slapping an officer???...oh you stupid bitch. NEVER assault an officer.:rolleyes:

I agree wholeheartedly that they are not representative of anyone but themselves..I just hope this wont be a common mentality.

And it wont. Reality will come soon enough.

expat-pattaya
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm trying to put this into perspective. The last time at a GOP victory celebration the number of people who were arrested and slapped officers thinking they could now get away with it because a person of their race won the election was, mmm, lets' see now.............zero? :rolleyes:

Elspeth
11-06-2008, 11:31 PM
It is a tiny group of nutballs that seem to have gotten in trouble. But boy are they nutty.

And I wonder how many people (like Celita) think that Obama's election means that laws and/or bills have been suspended. On the PUMA board I frequent, a regular poster had lunch with a bank manager. According to this bank manager, a woman came into the bank this morning, convinced that Obama was going to "take care of my mortgage."

PoliCon
11-07-2008, 01:36 AM
I believe the traditional term here is upity. Me - I just call it crass and stupid. I don't care what color you are - you need to respect the boys in blue. They put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Are they perfect? Hells no. But we should assume that each of them is above reproach until it is proven otherwise.

AlmostThere
11-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Scaduto said he told the officers he was "shooting to celebrate Obama as president."

Narada Thomas, 23, of the 1200 North Central Avenue, allegedly gave a similar explanation after he was arrested with a handgun near his home. "He said he had the gun because he wanted to celebrate Obama becoming the first black president," Scaduto said.

Kenneth Smith, 24, of the 6700 block of South Ada Street, was arrested after he allegedly fired a handgun outside his home. Smith, who is on parole for a previous weapons conviction, told authorities that "the police only arrested him because a black man won for president," Scaduto said.

Weird, but this actually makes sense to me. You've got people who think the inmates run the asylum now. I'd worry if they didn't try this crap. :rolleyes:

marinejcksn
11-07-2008, 03:50 AM
Kenneth Smith, 24, of the 6700 block of South Ada Street, was arrested after he allegedly fired a handgun outside his home. Smith, who is on parole for a previous weapons conviction, told authorities that "the police only arrested him because a black man won for president," Scaduto said.

The police only arrested him because a black man won for president?

...fired a handgun outside his home.

I'm pretty sure THIS ^^^ is why he was arrested.

And not to mention:

Smith, who is on parole for a previous weapons conviction

Dumbass already on parole for gun charges, DISCHARGES A FIREARM IN PUBLIC and then complains about it?

Here's your sign.:rolleyes:

movie buff
11-07-2008, 07:32 AM
What do you think Celita's DU name is?

linda22003
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM
On the PUMA board I frequent, a regular poster had lunch with a bank manager. According to this bank manager, a woman came into the bank this morning, convinced that Obama was going to "take care of my mortgage."

This is what happens when people aren't really paying attention. Jim Gilmore was elected as the conservative Republican governor of Virginia several years ago on the promise that he would work to rescind the property tax on cars. Right after the election, when property taxes were due, people insisted they didn't have to pay them because Gilmore had been elected - never mind that none of the related legislation had been drafted, let alone passed.

PoliCon
11-07-2008, 09:10 AM
And this is one of the things that KILLS me about the American populace. We have been trained to look at our executives as monarchs. The president can't lower or raise taxes and neither can a governor - that's not in their job description. The Legislature has the power of the purse.

Odysseus
11-07-2008, 10:35 AM
And this is one of the things that KILLS me about the American populace. We have been trained to look at our executives as monarchs. The president can't lower or raise taxes and neither can a governor - that's not in their job description. The Legislature has the power of the purse.

When David Dinkins became NYC's first black mayor, race relations actually got worse, as it became a common assumption that you could get away with anything now that "the man" was no longer in charge. The crime rate skyrocketed and the radicals dominated every public debate. Koch had been voted out because of two incidents, one in Howard Beach, one in Bensonhurst, in which two black men were killed, total, and only one incident was actually racially motivated, and everyone involved was prosecuted to the full extent of the law, but the perception among liberals was that the city needed to "heal." By the time Dinkins left office, there had been an antisemitic riot in Crown Heights and a vicious boycott against Korean businesses, all led by the same agitators. When Dinkins lost his bid for reelection, it was blamed on the racism of white voters who had put him in office four years earlier, and Giuliani was constantly attacked by the racial arsonists for having simply beaten Dinkins.

Elspeth
11-07-2008, 10:36 AM
This is what happens when people aren't really paying attention. Jim Gilmore was elected as the conservative Republican governor of Virginia several years ago on the promise that he would work to rescind the property tax on cars. Right after the election, when property taxes were due, people insisted they didn't have to pay them because Gilmore had been elected - never mind that none of the related legislation had been drafted, let alone passed.

Good Lord! People can be extraordinarily stupid.

Did Gilmore ever rescind the tax?

linda22003
11-07-2008, 10:45 AM
He got partway there. Quite a bit of it did disappear, but some remains. And yes, people can be quite stupid, and it doesn't seem to be based on party, amazingly enough.