PDA

View Full Version : I"m a newbie, too! Posted wrong earlier...

PoliKat
11-06-2008, 05:30 PM
But an on fire for conservatism one. Single mom, two girls, 12 and almost 10; and this morning my 12 year old says to me, "I know more now about politics than I did a year ago!" I thought it was funny, but she was so serious, and she's so interested. I have a degree in PoliSci with a minor in Law, two paralegal certificates and an AA in paralegal studies, with a focus on written communications along with the major/minor.

I mention the education because I went back to school at 40, when my girls were tiny, and finally did it!! I can't think of a better circumstance than yesterday to jump on a wagon that's been going around in my yard now for the past several years. Since finishing my college education, that can now happen. I am enjoying reading the forums and look foward to taking part and being blown apart at times, I'm sure, for whatever it might be that I say that would not sit well with another!

I have enormous respect for our men and women who serve in the military and every chance I get when meeting them they get a shake of hands and a "thank you for serving our country." My girls witness support in many areas for the underdog, the less fortunate, and they are learning that we don't all agree on everything, but somewhere we must find some common ground if we at least want to get along somewhere along the way.

I have found that attempting to resolve in peaceful measures is not always possible; though I do not personally resort to violence as a standard of resolution for what I deal with on a daily basis. My position within the firm I am employed is a minor one, as a conservative, and yes, I was prepared for the newly hired associate (female) to come to my office day after election and say, "Are you okay?" to which I quickly replied, "You know, arrogance is not very becoming on somebody so young."

The written form of communication is my best. There is much to consider after having been in confrontation, and I have learned to take a day or two (have no choice) to think and consider before coming back with a response. So, if I disappear after having been corrected or whatever, just know that it's because I am mulling over what was said in order to respond appropriately instead of react to offense or be forced to speak way out of turn.

Ok, did I say too much now?

It's good to be here...with like-minded (for the most part) individuals (folks). :0)

By the way, who is Bridget?

Shannon
11-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome PoliKat. I was just teasing you with the Bridget comment. She now posts under the name Lanie. She is a lib (bless her heart) who used to make the longest posts imaginable.

PoliKat
11-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Welcome PoliKat. I was just teasing you with the Bridget comment. She now posts under the name Lanie. She is a lib (bless her heart) who used to make the longest posts imaginable.
Well, is it okay if I do it as a Conservative??? I mean, you know, like, say everything possible under the sun, moon, stars and in the entire universe? You get the picture. Just trying a sense of humor. Thanks for letting me know who she is. I'm not a liberal, really. I promise. Swear. Cross my heart and hope to die...blah blah blah...LOL

Gingersnap
11-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Well, is it okay if I do it as a Conservative??? I mean, you know, like, say everything possible under the sun, moon, stars and in the entire universe? You get the picture. Just trying a sense of humor. Thanks for letting me know who she is. I'm not a liberal, really. I promise. Swear. Cross my heart and hope to die...blah blah blah...LOL

Yes, it's okay but stroll on down to the Lounge first where we really appreciate it. We need your input on fashion, puppies, and insane relatives. I also live in Colorful Colorado! :D

Bubba Dawg
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Hello and welcome. :)