PDA

View Full Version : Well, here you all are . . . .

Milly
11-07-2008, 07:04 AM
I've been looking for you! My mistake was looking for the 'Republican' underground. I should have tried the word 'conservative' a couple of days ago. There are just too many RINOs in the Republican Party right now.

I'm a newbie, to these boards at least, though not to the planet. If it's not an oxymoron, I'm a boomer conservative and have been since my college days in the late 60s.

At any rate, I'm done with my mourning period and I'm ready to get to work.

I haven't read all the previous posts yet ( a monumental task), but I'm hoping this forum will allow me to identify the true conservatives in Congress so we can rebuild on what we have left. Quite frankly, I had to hold my nose to vote for Mccain (although voting for Sarah was a delight). I spent so much time trying to derail the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill that I never could get over my revulsion to him as a candidate.

As Ann Coulter says, "When conservatives run on true conservative values, they win." We didn't run on true conservative values this time, I'm afraid.

Back to basics, starting with Congress.

Milly

Phillygirl
11-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Welcome Milly!! A conservative boomer? A rare breed indeed, but not around here. Glad you found us!

Milly
11-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Thank you, Phillygirl. Conservative boomers are not that uncommon in my part of the world (NE Indiana).

I ALMOST titled my frst post "Don't it make my red state blue?", but that was just TOO cute. After all my years reading Mad Magazine song parodies, I'm working on the libretto, though. :)

Exile
11-07-2008, 07:43 AM
At any rate, I'm done with my mourning period and I'm ready to get to work.

Awesome! Welcome from another Noob. We've got work to do.

Milly
11-07-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks to you, too, Exile. Do you live in the racist corner of your state? ;)

PoliCon
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks to you, too, Exile. Do you live in the racist corner of your state? ;) You just reminded me that I need to call Murtha's office again. He still has not apologized for the racist and now the redneck comments.

Milly
11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
And he never will. Democrats are NEVER wrong, so they have no apology gene.

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Welcome, Milly!

Cheesy thread titles are a specialty of the Lounge. Try the veal! :D

LogansPapa
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Welcome, Milly!

Just be aware that Gingersnap hates your music (and my vehicles).;)

Milly
11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Thank you, Gingersnap.

I shall, indeed, spend my share of time hanging out around the Lounge. Is there a collaboration section where those of us who love song parodies can go work on them together?

My favorite of the entire election was "All Hail the Messiah", sung to the tune of the old Soviet national anthem. I'm sure SOMEBODY posted it on this forum. If not, I'll try to go find it on YouTube and link it here.

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 01:13 PM
Thank you, Gingersnap.

I shall, indeed, spend my share of time hanging out around the Lounge. Is there a collaboration section where those of us who love song parodies can go work on them together?

My favorite of the entire election was "All Hail the Messiah", sung to the tune of the old Soviet national anthem. I'm sure SOMEBODY posted it on this forum. If not, I'll try to go find it on YouTube and link it here.

Feel free to begin a collaboration effort on song parodies in the Lounge. (Better start it before the drunks show up tonight, though.) :D

PoliKat
11-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Milly!!! Welcome. I just joined myself this week, and I am a boomer myself. What a ride, eh? I too, finished mourning by the end of the second day, and am fully ready to get moving. I'm rounding up my own posse here in my area, and though it's going to take time, it's about to explode!!!

Milly
11-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi, PoliKat. I really appreciate the warm welcome I've received here. It sorta' feels like home already.

I'm posse-less at the moment. Most conservatives are very busy with work, family, community and/or church affairs. This is , I think, one of conservatism's fatal flaws. Those who should be organizing to protect our world view are already too busy fulfilling it in our daily lives. Obomabots have no such problem, since they generally avoid the aforementioned activities. ;)