PDA

View Full Version : I just joined this morning

Milly
11-07-2008, 07:19 PM
and have been watching the little box to the left giving forum statistics go up and up all day. At this moment the 'Forum Members' stands at 700. That's quite a bit higher than when I joined early this AM.

I have two questions. The first is for the moderators. Do you have any nifty graphs showing how many people joined each week or month or something? I'm just interested because - if the surge worked in Iraq - maybe it can work for us, too. :)

The second question is for the folks who joined after I did. I bit the bullet and introduced myself, so the folks already on here would know I wasn't a troll. But I see very few newbies saying 'Hi" in the Welcome Wagon. Why is that?

JB
11-07-2008, 07:40 PM
If you see a new person, point them in the direction of the Welcome Wagon for an intro. Trolls get smoked out rather quickly. CU management sometimes tolerates them for a little while. Strictly for the humor.

I don't know about the stats thing. Haven't seen it before.

Bubba Dawg
11-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Hello and welcome.

I like to see the numbers go up. Nice.

Check out the music threads we usually have on Friday and Saturday and sometimes Sunday. Not meant to take theplace of discourse, but it's fun.

Again, welcome.

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Uh.....sadly, I don't have access to any nifty graphs on membership. Or maybe that's a good thing. Who knows?

The real value number is the "active members". As with any discussion board, a number of people cruise in, join, post once, and leave.

On question #2: some people are just shy and some are just enthusiastic and want to jump in right away. You will find out more about your fellow members by viewing their replies to my lotion question in the Lounge than by their replies in Economics. :D

To all the n00bs: we're a friendly bunch and tolerant of divergent views (tolerant - not supportive). Run up to Admin Comments and read the rules for the board and take a glance at the rules in the individual forums. They are clear and few. Feel free to start new threads. Friday nights are generally somewhat looser than the rest of week and often less political. Have fun!

LogansPapa
11-08-2008, 12:17 AM
To all the n00bs: we're a friendly bunch and tolerant of divergent views (tolerant - not supportive).

* just remember - she doesn't like 60's rock.;)

SarasotaRepub
11-08-2008, 10:04 AM
We have seen a spike in new members to be sure, started on
Nov. 3rd. :D

Bubba Dawg
11-08-2008, 10:06 AM
* just remember - she doesn't like 60's rock.;)

Do you think it brings back bad memories, you know, flashbacks? :eek:

Ree
11-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Naw...some of it just sux..;)

FlaGator
11-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Naw...some of it just sux..;)

You're just being kind...

LogansPapa
11-08-2008, 04:16 PM

Not at all - she didn't participate and was a perfect image of a "Junior Mommy" and that, being a basic hallmark of human behavior, makes her achingly jealous of those that did.

Somewhat like Republicans feel now. ;)

Ree
11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
You're just being kind...
Me, kind? What are ya drinkin, smokin or both?;)