PDA

View Full Version : Hello Newbies! How Did You Find CU?

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 08:30 PM
We've got a number of new and highly interesting members at the moment.

How did you find CU? What are you looking for in a discussion board? What do you like about political discussion boards? What do you hate about them?

Tell us what you think and feel free to ask questions. :)

RednReady
11-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I was listening to Shawn Hanity on Sirus radio and he mentioned the CU so I am just checking it out to see what it's all about. Since the messiah has returned I have nothing else to look forward to.:eek: Just looking for a place to be able to help rebuild the conservative party.

Straightforward
11-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I found out about this through "A Great American", Sean Hannity. I have never done anything quite like this, although I do have a myspace. I'm just here to share thoughts, and possibly help my understanding of political affairs.

Phillygirl
11-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I was listening to Shawn Hanity on Sirus radio and he mentioned the CU so I am just checking it out to see what it's all about. Since the messiah has returned I have nothing else to look forward to.:eek: Just looking for a place to be able to help rebuild the conservative party.

Welcome! While we're rebuilding the conservative party, we also, thanks to Ginger, have a pretty good handle on all news regarding missing body parts; glue mishaps, and now, body lotion! Jump in!

Shannon
11-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I was listening to Hannity the other day and heard him mention something about being a conservative underground now. LOL! I knew that would drive up traffic.:D

JB
11-07-2008, 08:42 PM
What do you hate about them?I don't want to hijack your thread but I hate lurkers a lot. :p

I'm glad they're signing up to post.

Back to the new folks. Good to have you.

Bubba Dawg
11-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Welcome! While we're rebuilding the conservative party, we also, thanks to Ginger, have a pretty good handle on all news regarding missing body parts; glue mishaps, and now, body lotion! Jump in!

Yes Gingersnap is good at that. And really, there have been 182 views of about six CU females discussing body lotion.

That thread is strictly for prurient interest. THANKS GINGER!!!!!

She really knows how to grease the skids.

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
LOL! CU has been around long before Sean made his mention. Truthfully, I don't really think he was talking about us in particular - just conservatives reinventing themselves in a general sense.

But we're glad to have all of you aboard anyway! We have a lot of fun here and we have a lot of serious discussion here (just not so much on Friday nights). We have a lot of forums and I hope you check them all out.

Yes, I do attempt to keep the Lounge current on detached body parts, puppy cams, explosives, and vaguely erotic skin care products. No, I don't have pics of detached body parts being eaten by silky, exploding puppies.

Yet.

BSR
11-07-2008, 09:08 PM
For the love of God, run newbs, while you still have a chance to break free from this place. Ginger makes us clean for hours and I wont tell you the sick twisted things Shannon does to "Entertain" herself.

It's too late for us, but not for you!! Save yourselves !!!!

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 09:11 PM
For the love of God, run newbs, while you still have a chance to break free from this place. Ginger makes us clean for hours and I wont tell you the sick twisted things Shannon does to "Entertain" herself.

*throws Johnny a bottle of lotion*

It puts the lotion on it's skin.......

Shannon
11-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Who let Johnny out of the basement?:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM

He had the dog. Again.

Bubba Dawg
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
*throws Johnny a bottle of lotion*

It puts the lotion on it's skin.......

Ha Ha Ha....Johnny's in The Well tonight.

BSR
11-07-2008, 09:14 PM

Please.. No more pine cones and sweetcakes.. :eek:

I'll be good again, I promise.

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 09:24 PM
We're scaring the newbies. This isn't 'Animal House', we aren't all lotion pervs, many of us have actual real jobs and families. I mean the non-inflatable kind. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
11-07-2008, 09:30 PM
We're scaring the newbies. This isn't 'Animal House', we aren't all lotion pervs, many of us have actual real jobs and families. I mean the non-inflatable kind. :cool:

Ginger's right. The only Lotion perv here is me.

I know because i have tried to start a Lotion Perv Club and so far, I'm the only one in it.

It's still active....

BSR
11-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Ginger's right. The only Lotion perv here is me.

I know because i have tried to start a Lotion Perv Club and so far, I'm the only one in it.

It's still active....

Dont out your DU screen name.

Bubba Dawg
11-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Dont out your DU screen name.

Silly, I am sooooo discreet.....

Okay, i'll tell you.....it's udder balm....all lower case......

SarasotaRepub
11-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Welcome Newbies! May Teh Force be with you.
:D

franksolich
11-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh my.

I guess this moves me up from the bottom of the seniority ladder now, with all these new members.

usayall
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
I also heard about CU from Hannity and Lucianne website. It might take me awhile to find my way around. Forgive me while I snoop around.

Schadenfreude
11-07-2008, 10:00 PM
*snicker*

This thread is ridiculous.

Bubba Dawg
11-07-2008, 10:03 PM
*snicker*

Therefore it makes perfect sense.......

Jumpy
11-07-2008, 10:03 PM
*snicker*

Why is it? The op seems legit..with newbs showing up all over the place.

Schadenfreude
11-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Why is it? The op seems legit..with newbs showing up all over the place.

Precisely. ;)

Schadenfreude
11-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Therefore it makes perfect sense.......

Have I ever not championed the absurd or the sublime?

BSR
11-07-2008, 10:11 PM

Who the hell is Johnny?

Schadenfreude
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Who the hell is Johnny?

And to think that Johnny was rumored to be Rob Johnson. Laffing. :D

Bubba Dawg
11-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Who the hell is Johnny?

The Guy in the Basement.

Do try and keep up.....

BSR
11-07-2008, 10:15 PM
And to think that Johnny was rumored to be Rob Johnson. Laffing. :D

Yeah.

Cold Warrior was CONVINCED I was his nemesis.

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 10:18 PM
*snicker*

Schade, you have a home. If you find our activity risible or absurd here in the Lounge, you have several Forum outlets for that, okay?

Schadenfreude
11-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Schade, you have a home. If you find our activity risible or absurd here in the Lounge, you have several Forum outlets for that, okay?

That's bizarre, for even you to say. You have become way too soft around here. Some good old ribbing not only keeps you competitive, it keeps you vivacious. Trust me, I should know about vitality.

That said, I do know when I am not welcome nor appreciated, so I will return to my ....home...:p

FlaGator
11-07-2008, 10:35 PM
This is a lot better than the Great Ron Paul invasion of '07. Not many survived that skirmish.

BSR
11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
This is a lot better than the Great Ron Paul invasion of '07. Not many survived that skirmish.

I think this place in going to surge with Conservatives looking for other pissed off Conservatives.

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Or possibly for the exploding puppy value. Who knows really? :D

BSR
11-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Or possibly for the exploding puppy value. Who knows really? :D

I just watched those puppies jump their mother for some dinner. It was so sweet I had to get an insulin shot just to keep from going into a coma.

Ree
11-07-2008, 11:02 PM
Who the hell is Johnny?
Crazy Uncle Johnny...:p

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
I think that's what the scotch is for. I could be wrong on that. I'm more of a craft brew type.

BSR
11-07-2008, 11:05 PM

Nah, it was my name before SR changed it to my original BSR. I was giving her crap cause now it doesnt show up. :D

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 11:12 PM

No, that guy hasn't been around since the Big Crash. I miss him. We always saw eye-to-eye on raw milk and organic veggies.

Ree
11-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Nah, it was my name before SR changed it to my original BSR. I was giving her crap cause now it doesnt show up. :D
So there's no crazy old coot to make fun of now? I do enjoy a good incoherent rant, every once in awhile...:D

BSR
11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
So there's no crazy old coot to make fun of now? I do enjoy a good incoherent rant, every once in awhile...:D

What happened to Crazy Uncle Johnny? I miss our fights on who's a better running back LT or Walter Payton.

patriot45
11-07-2008, 11:24 PM
What happened to Crazy Uncle Johnny? I miss our fights on who's a better running back LT or Walter Payton.

Glad you brought that up. I miss the maniac too. Nothing got him riled up more than saying anything good about the Yankees!:D
And he missed my conversion to the Rays!:D

patriot45
11-07-2008, 11:37 PM

How did you find CU? What are you looking for in a discussion board? What do you like about political discussion boards? What do you hate about them?

That was quite the influx! Do you remember how some of us old timers found this place!?
Believe it or not I found CU from a hunting site that used to make fun of DU back in 2002- or 03.
It was HuntAmerica .com, I also think I heard about it from the Nuge Board!. Gosh I'm old!!! :D

ginad3248
11-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey I am new member and also new to this whole internet forum site thing. I am what I consider myself to be a conservitive. I am also a registered rebublican. I voted for McCain/Palin on tuesday. I CANNOT stand Obama for many reasons some of which are his stances on comprehensive immigration reform, defense cuts, the fairness doctorine( i will die w/out my talk radio!!), estate tax increase,liberal judical appoitments, the global poverty tax....my gosh, I could go on forever.
I just need some advice on what "we" (all those who don't agree w/ the new elected pres) should do now.
the first thing did this week was join the NRA. I want to protect my 2nd ammendment right before that goes away! I just feel lost!!! any suggetions.
my belief is that the goverments goal is to preserve, protect our god given right of freedom.
and we as individuals have a responsibility to insure our prosperity.
Where do we all go now????

Gingersnap
11-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Hey I am new member and also new to this whole internet forum site thing. I am what I consider myself to be a conservitive. I am also a registered rebublican. I voted for McCain/Palin on tuesday. I CANNOT stand Obama for many reasons some of which are his stances on comprehensive immigration reform, defense cuts, the fairness doctorine( i will die w/out my talk radio!!), estate tax increase,liberal judical appoitments, the global poverty tax....my gosh, I could go on forever.
I just need some advice on what "we" (all those who don't agree w/ the new elected pres) should do now.
the first thing did this week was join the NRA. I want to protect my 2nd ammendment right before that goes away! I just feel lost!!! any suggetions.
my belief is that the goverments goal is to preserve, protect our god given right of freedom.
and we as individuals have a responsibility to insure our prosperity.
Where do we all go now????

We're glad to have you!

Right thiis minute, most of us are going to bed but we'll see you tomorrow. :D

ginad3248
11-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Thank you! I feel so welcome! I too heard about the CU on Hannity and this is what came up in my Google search. Not sure if it is right place? I like what I see and am reading so i think i'm gonna stay!

BSR
11-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Thank you! I feel so welcome! I too heard about the CU on Hannity and this is what came up in my Google search. Not sure if it is right place? I like what I see and am reading so i think i'm gonna stay!

Any place where we can get together and regroup is the place to be.

Welcome.

DarkScribe
11-08-2008, 06:05 AM
I was listening to Hannity the other day and heard him mention something about being a conservative underground now. LOL! I knew that would drive up traffic.:D

Umm, hello? I mentioned this FIRST to you, remember? I get credit for this, dammit...:p

DarkScribe
11-08-2008, 06:08 AM

I know...I miss him too...usually if you picks on the Patriots (Patsies, I call 'em) he suddenly appears...or used to. But we got Logan's Papa...he gets all crazy when you pick on the Cowgirls, um, Cowboys, I mean! :D

DarkScribe
11-08-2008, 07:38 AM

Welcome back, JV <coughs>, I mean, BSR...how ya been? :cool:

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 07:49 AM
new people? hey, y'all hear about the great ass rash of 'o8? :o

Defiant1
11-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi all. Not a newb just one that went wandering.

Especially after SR abandoned us in Florida.

I'm a staunch conservative and a Republican. We can rebuild. It won't be easy but we have to start now.

linda22003
11-08-2008, 08:48 AM

Just Megimoo. Granted, a pale imitation of Johnny.

DarkScribe
11-08-2008, 09:01 AM

Oh Dear Lord...lurk, the idea is not to scare them AWAY!!!:eek::eek:

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh Dear Lord...lurk, the idea is not to scare them AWAY!!!:eek::eek:

the most eventful moment of 2008 and you want to hide it under the covers? some sort of press black out? :eek:

Bubba Dawg
11-08-2008, 09:40 AM

Which was great, the rash or the.....:p

Bubba Dawg
11-08-2008, 09:41 AM
the most eventful moment of 2008 and you want to hide it under the covers? some sort of press black out? :eek:

More like a gag order. :D

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Which was great, the rash or the.....:p

certainly not the rash :D
and I don't mean great as in large either...(just in case Shannon is prowling)

DarkScribe
11-08-2008, 10:38 AM
BD...that gives me a GREAT idea for a new horror story...let's collab on it...Night of the Butt Rash Horror:eek:!

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 10:42 AM
BD...that gives me a GREAT idea for a new horror story...let's collab on it...Night of the Butt Rash Horror:eek:!

:mad:
I better get royalties on that :rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
11-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi all. Not a newb just one that went wandering.

Especially after SR abandoned us in Florida.

I'm a staunch conservative and a Republican. We can rebuild. It won't be easy but we have to start now.

LOL!!! Sorry but SLW was up here and so was a better job. :D

And for God's sake Lurky, stop with the butt rash stuff, you have to
be creepin people out. :eek::D

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 11:14 AM

au contraire my friend, I am encouraging membership of the more sympathetic, caring, educated amongst us who have an opinion on America's current health care issues...

you say tomato..I say... ASS RASH
HA
:D

BSR
11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Welcome back, JV <coughs>, I mean, BSR...how ya been? :cool:

I'm good. How you doin? ;)

Gingersnap
11-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Bumping for the few newbies who haven't been terrified by the ass rash discussion. ;)

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Bumping for the few newbies who haven't been terrified by the ass rash discussion. ;)

No need to thank me for weeding out the wussies :cool:
I consider it community service :D

Gingersnap
11-08-2008, 01:54 PM
No need to thank me for weeding out the wussies :cool:
I consider it community service :D

Did you get that crate of Gold Bond Triple Action Ass Rash Lotion I sent you? We'll be wanting those Before and After pics in time for Christmas.

Defiant1
11-08-2008, 01:59 PM

I guess I can forgive ya. I thought you would at least call so we could have a cup of coffee before you left.

americaninfidel
11-08-2008, 02:15 PM

I Googled "Conservative Underground" after listening to Sean Hannity's intro where he meantions the CU. I think this can only help the cause. I belong to a group called ProtestWarrior (http://hq.protestwarrior.com/), the site was once very active in countering leftist protests etc. They had a great organization of conservatives willing to help in fighting the left, seems things have slowed down there, but I'm hoping for a resurgence. I think conservatives need to mobilize and be seen. I'd like to see
events to get out the conservative message.

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Did you get that crate of Gold Bond Triple Action Ass Rash Lotion I sent you? We'll be wanting those Before and After pics in time for Christmas.

Just in time for the holiday season too! Am putting the before and after pics on my annual Christmas card..shhhh don't tell anyone, I want it to be a surprise :)

lurkalot
11-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I guess I can forgive ya. I thought you would at least call so we could have a cup of coffee before you left.

I'm sorry I thought posting the ass rash exacerbations on a weekly basis was enough, I didn't know you expected phone calls..

ooops..didnt finish reading the post..you weren't talking to me..my bad :o

PoliKat
11-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I also am here because Sean mentions the Underground, the Conserevatives in Exile, etc., etc., and because I love to stand up against injustice. There's a fire in my soul that I'm tired of squashing, and I'm looking for others who want to rile ourselves up in righteous indignation and not just talk anymore about the challenges.

I'm ready for a gathering, yes, a 'gathering' of the 'Conservative Resistance' (that's just my term) to explode!

Are you in?

Actually, I'm leading a new chapter in my area of women getting together to discuss and mobilize on the issues. It's going to be exciting, and yes, lots of work. And there will certainly be lots of flack from the left over it. I'm tired of not being able to make a bigger impact! I'll take lots of suggestions...feel free to speak.

PoliKat
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
The only Butt, er...excuse me, RASH I'm concerned about is that growth about to tumorize into the Oval Office.

asdf2231
11-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Remember Kids!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/Motivational/introductions.jpg

Goldwater
11-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Remember Kids!

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/Motivational/introductions.jpg

:eek:

Slightly disturbing.

Bubba Dawg
11-09-2008, 01:18 PM

That's just the working title, right?

I was thinking Crack of Doom.

The movie can be shot in I-Max, or is it A-Max? I forget.

BSR
11-09-2008, 03:46 PM
bump for the newbies.

Ree
11-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Can I do this http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/ReeW/smilies/stick.gifto any of the n00bs???:p