PDA

View Full Version : I hate people sometimes.

Vepr
06-16-2008, 08:27 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080616/ap_on_re_us/baby_killed

Stories like this make me ill. At least the officer saved everyone from having to pay for a trial but it is to bad the guy got off so easy.

dixierat
06-16-2008, 09:10 AM
Too bad for the kid that none of the people who stopped had a CCW and a weapon.

:cool:

Vepr
06-16-2008, 09:21 AM
The one couple was elderly so I can somewhat understand why they were not able to stop him but everyone else should have tackled him or taken a tire iron to his head. I don't care how big he was or crazy he was acting I would rather die trying to stop him rather than live knowing I stood by and watched a child die. Best case would be like you mentioned a few rounds to the torso but this is California we are talking about. While I don't think we should need a CCW to carry anywhere I am glad Georgia's laws are like they are. I have had mine now for 8 years. I never travel without.

dixierat
06-16-2008, 09:25 AM
The one couple was elderly so I can somewhat understand why they were not able to stop him but everyone else should have tackled him or taken a tire iron to his head. I don't care how big he was or crazy he was acting I would rather die trying to stop him rather than live knowing I stood by and watched a child die. Best case would be like you mentioned a few rounds to the torso but this is California we are talking about. While I don't think we should need a CCW to carry anywhere I am glad Georgia's laws are like they are. I have had mine now for 8 years. I never travel without.

SAme here on the CCW. Realising they're in PDR of Kalifornia, it makes the state look really bad. No one had a baseball bat, tire iron, or golf club handy? Too bad for the kid.

As to the target, 2 in the chest, one in the head. Only one story that way.

biccat
06-16-2008, 09:36 AM
You're lucky that in Georgia you have a "defense of others" statute. Many states prohibit the use of lethal force in the defense of others. In some jurisdictions, using lethal force to defend someone else is a homocide offense.

movie buff
06-16-2008, 09:46 AM
I'd say the killer got off light getting wasted quickly by a cop.
Had he been convicted and sent to jail (Assuming that a lefty defense attorney didn't get him out on a technicality or something), I'd imagine that once his fellow prison inmates got wind of what he did, they'd make him REALLY suffer.

noonwitch
06-16-2008, 10:32 AM
You're lucky that in Georgia you have a "defense of others" statute. Many states prohibit the use of lethal force in the defense of others. In some jurisdictions, using lethal force to defend someone else is a homocide offense.

In any state, much depends on whether the local prosecutor wants to prosecute the person or not-a good lawyer and sympathetic witnesses would make a jury conviction impossible. Given the circumstances, who wouldn't want a jury trial?

The only thing in my car that could be used as a weapon are the jumper cables-I guess they could be used to choke someone.

dixierat
06-16-2008, 11:00 AM
In any state, much depends on whether the local prosecutor wants to prosecute the person or not-a good lawyer and sympathetic witnesses would make a jury conviction impossible. Given the circumstances, who wouldn't want a jury trial?

The only thing in my car that could be used as a weapon are the jumper cables-I guess they could be used to choke someone.

Connect jumpers to car battery, then to the perps scrotum after you've subdued him. Crank ebgine and rev.