PDA

View Full Version : The Fairness Doctrine..

KCornett
11-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Well, it would appear the liberals are working themselves up in a tizzy over the Fairness Doctrine. They want to bring it back...

I say NO, absolutely NOT.

But... if they do try to bring it back, I would try to get it to include ALL MEDIA. That way, the liberal cable show, newspapers et al, hurt just as much as conservative radio. I think that if fight to make sure the fairness doctrine is really and truly fair.. they will drop it.

Easier IMO to just not have it... but if they really really want it, I say we SHOVE it down their throats.

Mythic
11-09-2008, 01:41 PM
The liberals idea of fair is making everything agree with them. They say fox news isnt fair because Hannity is republican. They say that conservative radio isnt fair because it isn't liberal. Yet a biased liberal media is perfectly fine, nothing wrong with that! Its such a joke.

Bill
11-09-2008, 01:59 PM
The Libs remind me of why people get into that goth crap. Like, if you wont pay attention or listen to me I will make you. The thing is most people dont want to hear their garbage. If they want their trash spewed on the airwaves, they can start their own radio or tv station. But the bottom line is, if they did, it wouldn't last long because sponsors wouldn't waste time with them. They act like a bunch of spoiled ass punk kids.

RogerC
11-15-2008, 11:34 PM
If they want their trash spewed on the airwaves, they can start their own radio or tv station. But the bottom line is, if they did, it wouldn't last long because sponsors wouldn't waste time with them. They act like a bunch of spoiled ass punk kids.
They did start their own. Not actually a station, but a syndication network. It's called Air America, and it has been in trouble since its start in 2004. The reason they don't get sponsors is that sponsors are smart about where to spend their money. They advertise on shows that have large numbers of actual people listening to them (like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Levin, etc.) and don't advertise on shows with few people listening. The "Fairness Doctrine" is just one more evidence that the liberals cannot stand free enterprise and free markets.

zBoots
11-15-2008, 11:52 PM
No one wants to sniveling whiney libtards.

And it dont matter how many laws they try to pass to try to make people listen to them.

Constitutionally Speaking
11-17-2008, 07:15 AM
It really should be called the "censorship doctrine" or the "anti free speech doctrine."

Loogie
11-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I heard that they will probably not use the term "fairness doctrine," as it has been tainted.
Obama stated he does not support the fairness doctrine...but I am sure he supports "community accountability."

Instead of the fairness doctrine, they will promote "community accountability boards," which will oversee local radio stations. They will assure that the stations represent "the community."
These boards will undoubtedly be populated by liberals, and they will hold sway over FCC re-licensing.
Also, they would like to shorten the FCC licensing periods, which would force reapplication more frequently...and give them even more leverage.

I forsee stealth liberalism on the horizon.

Interesting article:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/11/obama_declares_war_on_conserva.html

fatboynic
11-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd be all for the 'fairness doctrine' if it applied to the news & TV media as well! :rolleyes:

marinejcksn
12-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Roger:

Don't forget to mention, Air America was RIDDLED with shady activity. See for example:

Gloria Wise Girls & Boys Club kickback (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America-Gloria_Wise_loan_controversy)

Basically, Air America got cash under the table from a friggin CHARITY that they fraudulently spent as a "loan". The case went under Elliot Spitzer, so you can imagine how that turned out. :rolleyes:

Eventually AA repaid the "loan", no telling how much cash they made on possible investments they could've made with it. The group accepted money from a group that frauded the Boys & Girls Club by taking New York City taxpayer cash. Disgusting behavior.

Nevertheless, Air America has filed Bankruptcy once and probably will again in the future. Why? Because Liberal Talk Radio cannot gain a significant market share of listeners. Who honestly wants to hear Al Franken or Ron Reagan?

But, where Conservatives aren't Fascist a-holes like some Liberals are, just because I don't agree with Al Franken doesn't mean I want him freakin' TAKEN OFF THE AIR! I'd rather have the freedoms our Founding Fathers envisioned.

marinejcksn
12-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Be prepared folks. The Censorship Doctrine is coming, with a majority in the House & Senate it will be passed under Obama. They're also talking about "regulating" the internet. It's all about silencing dissent; ala Woodrow Wilson or FDR. The only difference is that this time the Government wont have squads of goons cracking heads in the streets.

Get to know your opposition, those who are calling for the Censorship Doctrine the hardest in the Senate & House. Chuck Shumer ("Shumcky, to all you Mark Levin fans ;)) is pushing hard for it:

http://albanysinsanity.wnymedia.net/blogs/files/2008/08/chucky-schumer.jpg

**shudder**

Hatejane
12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
They did start their own. Not actually a station, but a syndication network. It's called ERR AMERIKA, and it has been in trouble since its start in 2004. The reason they don't get sponsors is that sponsors are smart about where to spend their money. They advertise on shows that have large numbers of actual people listening to them (like Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Levin, etc.) and don't advertise on shows with few people listening. The "Fairness Doctrine" is just one more evidence that the liberals cannot stand free enterprise and free markets.

fixed it for you

AmPat
12-11-2008, 07:52 AM
It really should be called the "censorship doctrine" or the "anti free speech doctrine."

Cs, CS, CS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What are you thinking? It is only censorship when it happens to them. ;)

KCornett
02-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a somtime, been busy getting ready to redeploy soon!

The libs are calling for this crap louder and louder with each passing day.

We have to proactive in getting the word out to our elected officials, friends, family, whomever...
that this is merely an attempt to stifle free speech.

Thanks for reading.

FlaGator
02-22-2009, 06:25 AM
They give it a nice catchy name like "The Fairness Doctrine" knowing that people would never accept it if it was called by what it really is "The Nobody Wants to Hear What We Have to Say so We're Going to Force Them to Listen While at the Same Time Limiting the Free Speech of Those the do Want to Hear Doctrine"

stsinner
02-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Read my take on the Fairness Doctrine here. (http://www.winchenchronicles.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=americanews&action=display&thread=361)

I agree that it will be reintroduced under another name, but hopefully by then the American people will be fed up with the bull crap coming out of Washington and will melt their phone lines down. It really is time to take this country back. This government is from another planet!

Radix
02-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Read my take on the Fairness Doctrine here. (http://www.winchenchronicles.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=americanews&action=display&thread=361)

Terrific rant!

Molon Labe
02-22-2009, 05:50 PM
They give it a nice catchy name like "The Fairness Doctrine" knowing that people would never accept it if it was called by what it really is "The Nobody Wants to Hear What We Have to Say so We're Going to Force Them to Listen While at the Same Time Limiting the Free Speech of Those the do Want to Hear Doctrine"

I can't remember if I read it at this site or not, but recently someone calling for the F.D admitted that it would give him more air time to spew left wing rant.
He basically said that it would help him earn his living because of his unlimited access to radio shows etc.
At least he was honest.

Zeus
02-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I can't remember if I read it at this site or not, but recently someone calling for the F.D admitted that it would give him more air time to spew left wing rant.
He basically said that it would help him earn his living because of his unlimited access to radio shows etc.
At least he was honest.

That was Bill Press.

Bill Press: The Fairness Doctrine Will Let Me 'Make Money' (http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/32808_Bill_Press-_The_Fairness_Doctrine_Will_Let_Me_Make_Money)

Media | Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:08:28 am PST
Leftist radio talk show host Bill Press supports the Fairness Doctrine, because itís the only way he can make money (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/02/17/bill-presss-reason-support-fairness-doctrine-i-want-be-heard).

I know why Iím interested in it because I get up every morning at 3:45, I do three hours of talk radio every day from six to nine, thatís my life, itís my business, I want to make money at it, and I want to be heard.

AmPat
02-22-2009, 06:44 PM
What the Moonbat said:

That was Bill Press.

Bill Press: The Fairness Doctrine Will Let Me 'Make Money'

Media | Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:08:28 am PST
Leftist radio talk show host Bill Press supports the Fairness Doctrine, because itís the only way he can make money.
I know why Iím interested in it because I get up every morning at 3:45, I do three hours of talk radio every day from six to nine, thatís my life, itís my business, I want to make money at it, and I want to be heard.
What I heard:

"I get up early like millions of conservatives and go to work. When I get there I talk absolute non-sense for three straight hours. Nobody but the ignorant and moronic listen but still I rant on spewing left wing talking points. I want people to listen to me because I FEEL so strongly about my liberalism. Of course I'm an idiot but that is beside the point, I want my beliefs heard by gunpoint if necessary so that freedom of speech can be assured."

lawolverine
02-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Its Time For Us To Start Marching In The Streets And Not Stop Until 4 People Step Down. These 4 People Are Nancy Pelosi, Harry Ried, Barney Frank, And The Most Important Barack Obama.
As The Sticker Says "obama Bin Lyin Impeach Now!" This Is America We Shouldn't Be Forced To Do Anything We Don't Want To Do. Our Fore Fathers Died For Us To Have These Rights. We Should Never Forget What Our Nation Went Throught To Become This Wonderful Super Power It Is And Was Just A Few Years Ago. Remember How We All Were After 9-11? We Were United. We All Wanted The Same Thing. We Wanted Safty At Home, And We Wanted Terrorism Stoped. We Were Told This Would Be A Different Kind Of War, And That It Would Take Along Time,but We Have To Press On And Never Give Up For A Dream Of A Better World Where Each Individual Would Know Freedom, And Respect For Human Life, And Could Then Make The Decision About Who They Want To Be And What Kind Of World They Want To Live In. Anyone Who Has Freedom For Just 1 Minute Will Never Want To Lose It. Declaration Of Independence
"in Every Stage Of These Opperssions We Have Petitioned For Redress In The Most Humble Terms: Our Repeated Petitons Have Been Answered Only By Repeated Injury. A Prince Whose Character Is Thus Marked By Every Act Which My Define A Tyrant, Is Unfit To Be The Ruler Of A Free People"

PoliCon
02-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Well, it would appear the liberals are working themselves up in a tizzy over the Fairness Doctrine. They want to bring it back...

I say NO, absolutely NOT.

But... if they do try to bring it back, I would try to get it to include ALL MEDIA. That way, the liberal cable show, newspapers et al, hurt just as much as conservative radio. I think that if fight to make sure the fairness doctrine is really and truly fair.. they will drop it.

Easier IMO to just not have it... but if they really really want it, I say we SHOVE it down their throats.

I'm against it in any form and would work against it should it ever become law again. The government has no business censoring or regulating free speech or the press. And censorship is what it's all about.

PoliCon
02-22-2009, 10:28 PM
I'd be all for the 'fairness doctrine' if it applied to the news & TV media as well! :rolleyes:

so you like censorship if it applies to everyone?

FlaGator
02-23-2009, 12:06 AM
so you like censorship if it applies to everyone?

I'm not sure if it would be considered censorship if it forces a news program to add additional information but not reduce current information. Also, if the news media is forced to presenting multiple sides of real issues then they might not have time for Britney Spears and Octo-mom stories...

Just a thought.

PoliCon
02-23-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm not sure if it would be considered censorship if it forces a news program to add additional information but not reduce current information. Also, if the news media is forced to presenting multiple sides of real issues then they might not have time for Britney Spears and Octo-mom stories...

Just a thought.

have you bothered to read the bill of rights?

allow me to post it for you -

Bill of Rights
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VII

In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Freedom of the press includes the freedom to be wrong and to do stories that are crap. If you don't like what they put out - don't consume the crap - but allbegotohell if the government should be in any way at all involved in controlling the press!