PDA

View Full Version : Obama Regime Quietly Bans Confederate Flags At Federal Cemeteries

Elspeth
08-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Once again, bypassing Congress...

Obama Regime Quietly Bans Confederate Flags At Federal Cemeteries
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/29/va-nix-flying-confederate-flags-cemetery-flagpoles/

The Veterans Affairs Department quietly moved this month to ban flying of Confederate flags from fixed flagpoles at the cemeteries it runs, striking yet another blow against the controversial emblem.

Congress had debated and rejected that change, but the Obama administration decided to move forward anyway, saying it was unilaterally imposing the restrictions.

“In particular, we will amend our policy to make clear that Confederal flags will not be displayed from any permanently fixed flagpole in a national cemetery at any time,” wrote Ronald E. Walters, under secretary for memorial affairs at the VA.

Rep. Jared Huffman, a California Democrat who had pushed for the changes, declared victory after the move, and said it was a rejection of some of the sentiments seen at rallies for GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump...

noonwitch
08-31-2016, 01:49 PM
I don't have a problem with this, but I know I'm in the minority here.

Elspeth
08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
I don't have a problem with this, but I know I'm in the minority here.

I have a problem with Obama overstepping Congress and I don't care what the specifics of the issue are.

Dlr Pyro
08-31-2016, 02:13 PM
Rep. Jared Huffman, a California Democrat who had pushed for the changes, declared victory after the move, and said it was a rejection of some of the sentiments seen at rallies for GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump...

the bolded section makes me question the real reason for the change.

What about National cemeteries that have Confederate soldiers buried in them?

Elspeth
08-31-2016, 02:18 PM
the bolded section makes me question the real reason for the change.

Good catch. You think it might be as simple as trashing the competition?

FourWinds
08-31-2016, 02:29 PM
Good catch. You think it might be as simple as trashing the competition?

It wouldn't be surprising to learn. He has a track record of petulant actions.

Elspeth
08-31-2016, 05:22 PM
It wouldn't be surprising to learn. He has a track record of petulant actions.

That's the truth. But sometimes, I think the NWO is just trying to destroy the Confederacy that fought control by the British banks.