PDA

View Full Version : Unconfirmed reports of leprosy at elementary school prompt parent notification

Rockntractor
09-06-2016, 10:08 PM
Jurupa Unified School District officials received an unconfirmed report that two Indian Hills Elementary School students were diagnosed with leprosy, which prompted them to send a letter home to parents Friday, Sept. 2.
Though the information has not been confirmed, said Superintendent Elliott Duchon, school district officials decided to send the letter home as a precaution.
Moe>http://www.pe.com/articles/school-812542-received-hills.html
There could be some bad fallout from this...........or would that be fall off?

SarasotaRepub
09-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Maybe this is how the Zombie Apocalypse will start!!! :DDsmilie_panic:

Elspeth
09-06-2016, 11:33 PM
This is why we had Ellis Island.

Rockntractor
09-06-2016, 11:39 PM
This is why we had Ellis Island.

For a leper colony?

Elspeth
09-06-2016, 11:42 PM
For a leper colony?

To keep them out. Health exams of immigrants kept out leprosy, TB and other communicable diseases. They would just send people back.

Rockntractor
09-06-2016, 11:44 PM
To keep them out. Health exams of immigrants kept out leprosy, TB and other communicable diseases. They would just send people back.True, so would a shotgun.

noonwitch
09-07-2016, 09:07 AM
To keep them out. Health exams of immigrants kept out leprosy, TB and other communicable diseases. They would just send people back.

When my Grandpa came here in 1924, they sent his older brother back to Italy because he had the measles. Their father went with him, and they came back through Ellis Island a few months later when my great uncle had recovered. My Grandpa appreciated his time at Ellis Island. He loved American schools, and that was his first taste of a school that wasn't run by crazy nuns who believed that the left-handed were the Devil's children.

Elspeth
09-07-2016, 03:41 PM
When my Grandpa came here in 1924, they sent his older brother back to Italy because he had the measles. Their father went with him, and they came back through Ellis Island a few months later when my great uncle had recovered. My Grandpa appreciated his time at Ellis Island. He loved American schools, and that was his first taste of a school that wasn't run by crazy nuns who believed that the left-handed were the Devil's children.

That was typical for Ellis Island: you got sent back, even for measles! Now, they're letting in TB and leprosy.

(Have you ever seen the opera "Suor Angelica"? Puccini was really on point about the small-mindedness of some of the nuns. )