PDA

View Full Version : Obama spokesman: "Obama ready to rule on day one"

jinxmchue
11-10-2008, 11:49 AM
The co-chair of Barack Obama's Transition Team, Valerie Jarrett, appeared on Meet the Press this weekend and used, shall we say, an interesting word to described what she thinks Barack Obama will be doing in January when he's officially sworn into office. She told Tom Brokaw that Obama will be ready to "rule" on day one. It's a word that reflects the worst fears that people have for Obama the "arrogant," the "messiah," that imagines he's here to "rule" instead of govern.

Jarret told Brokaw that "given the daunting challenges that we face, it's important that president elect Obama is prepared to really take power and begin to rule day one."

http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1.html?q=blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/11/10/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1

---------------------------------------

Yikes! :eek:

Defiant1
11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
The co-chair of Barack Obama's Transition Team, Valerie Jarrett, appeared on Meet the Press this weekend and used, shall we say, an interesting word to described what she thinks Barack Obama will be doing in January when he's officially sworn into office. She told Tom Brokaw that Obama will be ready to "rule" on day one. It's a word that reflects the worst fears that people have for Obama the "arrogant," the "messiah," that imagines he's here to "rule" instead of govern.

Jarret told Brokaw that "given the daunting challenges that we face, it's important that president elect Obama is prepared to really take power and begin to rule day one."

http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1.html?q=blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/11/10/obama-spokesman-says-obama-ready-rule-day-1

---------------------------------------

Yikes! :eek:

Rule? You can tell their intent from the language they use.

I need more ammo.

M21
11-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Rule? You can tell their intent from the language they use.

I need more ammo.

It used to be called public "service". Rule me? That's funny. Better men than him have tried.

Eldarwen Half-Elven
11-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Rule me? Heh. I'd love to see him try... There's no questioning the intent.

GrumpyOldLady
11-10-2008, 12:21 PM
RULE? Fruedian slip.

WAKE THE HELL UP AMERICA!!

Bubba Dawg
11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
You rule what....subjects?

I've got another better word, citizens.

Aaron Burr
11-10-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm sure he meant "rue" instead of "rule". And I'm sure he will, from day one.

linda22003
11-10-2008, 03:32 PM
It even says "rule" in the Meet the Press transcript from NBC. :p

BadCat
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
You rule what....subjects?

I've got another better word, citizens.

"Subjects" don't have guns.

We do, at least for a few more months. After that, we will be "subjects".

The Night Owl
11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Clearly, Miss Jarrett meant that Barack Obama will rewl, not rule.

JB
11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
RULE? Fruedian slip.He makes a lot of those.

Goldwater
11-10-2008, 05:29 PM
This sounds like the shock doctrine of Republicans that Naomi Klein shouts so much about.

Lots of panic so we can get our liberal legislation through quickly, kthxbai.

zBoots
11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
As I am in a virtual news void at work, I was pretty shocked by the comment by this comment.

At best, two press conferences; two major gaffes.

At worst, the Obamamessia is believing his own hype.

For me, I believe its a combination of both.

PoliKat
11-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Pay attention to his presence.

He's rushing, you can bet on it.

He's intoxicated with it all.

Odysseus
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
How about assume responsibilities and govern? No?

Pay attention to his presence.
He's rushing, you can bet on it.
He's intoxicated with it all.
The thing that surprised me was that he's announced that he's reviewing President Bush's executive orders to see what he can reverse. Aside from the obviously vindictive tone of that plan, I can't recall any president, even Clinton, coming in with that much disdain for their predecessor's conduct or actions.

At least the Bush team didn't pry the O's off of their keyboards. :cool:

PoliKat
11-11-2008, 01:53 PM
How about assume responsibilities and govern? No?

The thing that surprised me was that he's announced that he's reviewing President Bush's executive orders to see what he can reverse. Aside from the obviously vindictive tone of that plan, I can't recall any president, even Clinton, coming in with that much disdain for their predecessor's conduct or actions.

At least the Bush team didn't pry the O's off of their keyboards. :cool:
There must be a word stronger than arrogance for this man. He's actually pushing Bush to initiate changes that he, himself is going to attempt to follow through with. I'm sure he believes that he can actually do this, and be seen as this allegedly noble, provocative and powerful being who is able to institute change in rapid fashion.

Maybe so, but he's in for a surprise if he believes we will just take it!

I can picture George W. sitting there smiling from ear to ear; in his head he is thinking, "tsk tsk. and you haven't even beeninaugurated yet." He's probably running back to the oval office, calling for a press conference even now so he can humbly address the nation with his repentance, begging Obama's forgiveness, and succumbing to the new President elect by instituting his immediate resignation. NOT!!!!! What pitiful power plays this guy is using.

"OBAMICIDE" is about to hit us all!!!!:eek:

PoliCon
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
It's fairly clear that the left is autocratic in extreme and their pals in the MSM are bound and determined to make sure that they succeed.

YupItsMe
11-11-2008, 05:56 PM
RULE? Fruedian slip.

WAKE THE HELL UP AMERICA!!

This wasn't a slip, it was a warning. "Do not get in the way"

I really despise that bastard. I hope the stress causes him to smoke three packs a day.

PoliCon
11-11-2008, 11:22 PM
There must be a word stronger than arrogance for this man. yes - the word is HUBRIS.

HUBRIS: wanton insolence or arrogance resulting from excessive pride