PDA

View Full Version : Fake penis under attack for staying ‘limp’

bijou
11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Prosthetic penises that will be supplied free to eligible transsexual men next year are under attack for staying limp.

Authorities justified funding fake penises for aesthetic reasons rather than functionality because rules forbid expenditure on 'sexual aids,' according to an online Swedish publication .

Starting January 1, transsexual men (females who undergo sex-change operations) will receive a free prosthetic penis from a plastic surgeon, The Local, quoting Ottar, a publication, said.

While transsexual women have long been eligible for free breast implants, hair removal operations and wigs, transsexual men receive no such cosmetic help.

Sexologist Cecilia Dhejne at Karolinska Hospital, Sweden, although not opposed to distribution of fake penises, criticised the decision because they cannot be used to urinate or become erect.

"It's easy to think that it's pretty strange to approve prosthetics that can't get erect, because that is after all what penises do - get erections. It would be appropriate to pay for those as well," she told Ottar.

Immanuel Brändemo, a lobbyist, felt transsexuals were getting a raw deal from the medical community.

...link (http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14794026)
Meanwhile those protesting this seem to be raging impotently. :D

megimoo
11-10-2008, 03:35 PM
link (http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14794026)
Meanwhile those protesting this seem to be raging impotently. :D
Why not just give then a prescription for one of them those lesbian things that swell up, buzz and light up at the end and can be filled with whatever fluids they like .
They come in every color and should be much cheaper than any government supplied artificial penis .

RobJohnson
11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
I am sure if someone sold a fully functional prosthetic penis, sales would be stiff.

Gingersnap
11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I think there is a way to connect a real bladder to a cosmetic penis for the purpose of urination (although it doesn't work as well as any of the original equipment).

The inflatable angle seems odd to me, though. Surely, you wouldn't seriously attempt to fool your partner into believing that you were a genetic male. Since no fair, sensitive, tolerant person would do anything so hurtful and deceptive, why would fake inflation be important? ;)

megimoo
11-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I think there is a way to connect a real bladder to a cosmetic penis for the purpose of urination (although it doesn't work as well as any of the original equipment).

The inflatable angle seems odd to me, though. Surely, you wouldn't seriously attempt to fool your partner into believing that you were a genetic male. Since no fair, sensitive, tolerant person would do anything so hurtful and deceptive, why would fake inflation be important? ;)You would need to be a lesbian to understand !

noonwitch
11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Why not just give then a prescription for one of them those lesbian things that swell up, buzz and light up at the end and can be filled with whatever fluids they like .
They come in every color and should be much cheaper than any government supplied artificial penis .

I don't understand why they can't just strap on a vibrator. I used to get the Eve's Garden catalogue (I was once on some really weird, Wicca related mailing lists). They have an amazing array of tools that should be able to handle any special need. I personally thought the bunny-shaped vibrators (they had fish and kangaroo ones, too) were hilarious.

I don't judge people for wanting to be the opposite sex, I just don't think doctors should perform the surgery. My objections are not moral, but have to do with the health of the transexual. It means a lifetime of ongoing plastic surgery to maintain the look. That can't be good for a person's body. This is being said out of a place of compassion, not moral judgement.

RobJohnson
11-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Maybe it's best to just leave your body the way God built it?