PDA

View Full Version : More Photoshop Painting

FlaGator
11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
Here is something I was playing with the other night. Still not that great but I feel I'm making progress.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/flagator/mountainscape.jpg

AlmostThere
11-11-2008, 03:23 AM
Personally I couldn't paint my way out of a paper bag. But a Wacom tablet is a great help when editing photos and I've read where artists say that after using one, they'd never go back to working with a mouse alone.

FlaGator
11-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Personally I couldn't paint my way out of a paper bag. But a Wacom tablet is a great help when editing photos and I've read where artists say that after using one, they'd never go back to working with a mouse alone.

It takes some practice to paint but I think anyone can do it. I been looking for a sketch pad but those things cost alot of money and I just don't sketch good enough to afford one. When I do sketch I do it on paper and then scan it in and color it. The above "painting" was free hand (no underlying sketch). My clouds are getting better but I have too much blue in this one. The grass is a green airbrush with noise added and then a motion blur to give it the illusion of blades of grass.

AlmostThere
11-11-2008, 05:13 PM
It takes some practice to paint but I think anyone can do it. I been looking for a sketch pad but those things cost alot of money and I just don't sketch good enough to afford one. When I do sketch I do it on paper and then scan it in and color it. The above "painting" was free hand (no underlying sketch). My clouds are getting better but I have too much blue in this one. The grass is a green airbrush with noise added and then a motion blur to give it the illusion of blades of grass.

At http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=wacom&x=0&y=0 you can get a Intuos3 4x6 for $209.00. I've had the Intuos3 6x8 for a couple years now and it makes life a lot easier. I don't know if you've bought from Newegg or not. Over the last 10 years I've bought thousands of dollars of hardware from them . GREAT people to do business with. HIGHLY RECOMMEND. You order in the morning and it goes out that day. Cheap shipping too.

YupItsMe
11-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Here is something I was playing with the other night. Still not that great but I feel I'm making progress.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/flagator/mountainscape.jpg

I'm guessing your couch pillows were smoldering and you set them out on the lawn.
:p

FlaGator
11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm guessing your couch pillows were smoldering and you set them out on the lawn.
:p

Something like that... I guess I could have taken the liquify tool to it and had a Dali moment.

megimoo
11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Something like that... I guess I could have taken the liquify tool to it and had a Dali moment.A man of many surprising talents but a bit of madness would produce wonders in your style !

And as an aside.
................................The Butterfly
by Nikos Kazantzakis (1885-1957) from Zorba the Greek]

I remember one morning when I discovered a cocoon in the back of a
tree just as a butterfly was making a hole in its case and preparing
to come out. I waited awhile, but it was too long appearing and I was
impatient. I bent over it and breathed on it to warm it. I warmed it as
quickly as I could and the miracle began to happen before my eyes,
faster than life. The case opened; the butterfly started slowly
crawling out, and I shall never forget my horror when I saw how its
wings were folded back and crumpled; the wretched butterfly tried
with its whole trembling body to unfold them. Bending over it, I tried
to help it with my breath, in vain.
It needed to be hatched out patiently and the unfolding of the wings
should be a gradual process in the sun. Now it was too late. My
breath had forced the butterfly to appear all crumpled, before its time.
It struggled desperately and, a few seconds later, died in the palm of
my hand.

That little body is, I do believe, the greatest weight I have on my
conscience. For I realize today that it is a mortal sin to violate the
great laws of nature. We should not hurry, we should not be
impatient, but we should confidently obey the external rhythm.

"I sat on a rock to absorb this New Years's thought. Ah, if only that little butterfly could always flutter before me to
show me the way."

YupItsMe
11-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Something like that... I guess I could have taken the liquify tool to it and had a Dali moment.

Hope you know I was just kidding. I tried this once and was awful at it. Yours is actually quite nice.

Yup.

FlaGator
11-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Hope you know I was just kidding. I tried this once and was awful at it. Yours is actually quite nice.

Yup.

I figured you were kidding and thinks for the kind words. Keep trying the first times I tried at to paint was horrible but you can of get a better feel for things after a while.

EricMartin
11-15-2008, 07:57 PM
I haven't watched South Park in a very long time, yet that was for some reason the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture. :o

FlaGator
11-16-2008, 06:24 PM
I haven't watched South Park in a very long time, yet that was for some reason the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture. :o

I'll see about working Mecha-striesand in to it :D