PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

RobJohnson
11-11-2008, 09:39 AM
To all that are serving or have served in our Armed Forces....Thank You.

http://www.estatevaults.com/lm/%20%20Veterans%20Day%20poster.jpg

FlaGator
11-11-2008, 09:51 AM
What his said ^^^

God bless all of those who gave of themselves to keep America and Americans safe from our enemies. And a special blessing to those who gave all they had for their families and country.

Bubba Dawg
11-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Every Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, and Fourth of July my Father-in-Law flew "Old Glory" for 8 of his friends who didn't make it back from WWII.

Now he is gone, but I have his flag flying today. I will as long as I live.

A salute to all the vets.

Gingersnap
11-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Bumping for the Vets. :)

Bubba Dawg
11-11-2008, 08:39 PM
bumping. An honor to all who served.

BSR
11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
As a Vet, I want to thank everyone who paid the ultimate price for my freedom. Veterans day is memorial day for me. Because without them, I wouldn't be here. Able to serve my country like them.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/faithfunnies/memorial_day.gif

M21
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A great big THANK YOU from me to you for all here who have in the past, are out there somewhere tonight, and will in the future troop the line so we can all sleep safely.

Keep up the Fire! - M21

Bubba Dawg
11-11-2008, 09:09 PM
As a Vet, I want to thank everyone who paid the ultimate price for my freedom. Veterans day is memorial day for me. Because without them, I wouldn't be here. Able to serve my country like them.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/faithfunnies/memorial_day.gif

Hey BSR. Thank You for your service. :)

PoliCon
11-11-2008, 11:31 PM
A couple of prayers for the occasion --

MILITIA PRAYER

Heavenly Father, grant us strength, direction, and guidance so that we might protect our children; our
families, and our beloved country, America.

Give us wisdom to awaken and activate our fellow slumbering citizens, so that we might remain a free
people; a free nation. Open our eyes and enlighten us to the oppression and tyranny of Big Government.

You are our Master, Lord,--not government--- We bow only to Thee, not Caesar!

Grant us wisdom and courage to guard against all attempts to subvert, violate, or alter our Constitution
and the Bill of Rights. Deliver us from compromise, pragmatism, and those politicians who would sell
their birthright of freedom for expediency, power and control, and earthly riches.

Grant us discernment enabling us to expose and defeat the dismantling of our American sovereignty as a
nation. Instill in us a yearning for a return to our heritage, our identity, and a true understanding of our
historical traditions that have made our country so richly blessed.

Grant us mercy for obedience, not to deceivers and traitors in our midst, but to a Just and Merciful God
we surrender and ask forgiveness .

Create in us a will that tolerates no surrender to the Enemies of Freedom.

We reclaim America in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen!

The Militia Prayer

Almighty God,

We acknowledge You as our Creator, our Savior, and our Benefactor, the Law-giver and Judge of all the Earth. We call upon you this day as our Witness, that we desire to live peaceably with all men. However, those who have denied You, and have scorned and mocked You relentlessly, now wish to enslave us by their folly, and to cause the Devine Liberties that You have bestowed upon this nation to be resolved for Your enemies alone. We now ask for Your Devine pardon for our many transgressions, thus sparing us from Your Terrible Wrath. Should battle come, Lord, we ask You to join our ranks and lead us surely to Victory over those who have rejected You and have willingly chosen the pathway to ruin . . . . . In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ we humbly pray . . . .
Amen

(Wayne Fincher)

Phillygirl
11-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Thank you to all that have served, and to their families as well.